Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean, the 6 month patch cycle thing only really applies if the expansion is going to have 4 raid tiers (24 month long expansion = 4 x 6 month raid tiers). 4 raid tiers per expansion isn't a standard/normal thing - BfA and WoTLK were the only expansions that had that, and I really think part of why they did the 4 raid tiers in BfA was with how poorly the expansion was perceived/launched, they felt they needed them to make it last 2 years. If they are going back to a more normal 3 tier expansion, 8 months or so (and a patch in July-ish) would be normal.

On a positive note, the Wandering Ancient mount at least looks cooler than expected?

Still don't plan to use it, but I can give them props for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    What 6 month cycle? The first patch normally drops about 3 months out.
    It's also usually far smaller. 4.1 was two recycled raids as dungeons. 5.1 was two hubs, dailies and two questlines. 6.1 was a selfie cam. 7.1 was a 3 boss raid and Kara. 8.1 was a new Warfront (yeeeeh) and a 9 boss raid. This is a small new zone, a megadungeon, and a 10 boss raid.

I do think it makes for a weird content drought early in the expansion. Perhaps the dungeon should have been moved either forward or backward to enable an April release of the patch. At this point a May release sounds more likely, almost 7 months after the expansion is out before the first content drops.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Blizzard is a fucking laughable joke. They have no talent left in the building, so the only way they can please shareholders is to remaster games that people with actual talent built. . . . . .
    I mean the easy joke is that they even fail to remaster games the right way.

But anyways, what would it take for you to be happy with them? I have enough fun with raids and M+ so I'm content but so many people are unhappy with the game but never state what it would take to keep them happy and playing the game long term.

What did you expect from an asspull filler expansion?

This probably heralds what the Q&A will look like.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    On a positive note, the Wandering Ancient mount at least looks cooler than expected?

Still don't plan to use it, but I can give them props for it?
    Yeah that's true. I expected a low quality reskin, this seems like they at least tried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    If it's two filler expansions in a row then it's no longer filler. It's just a bad game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    At least I didn't pay for it. If I had, I'd be pissed. I'm just underwhelmed and worried.

I'm not hating on blizzard. If its not ready fine. It might not be their fault, but its not mine either. If we are bored or unhappy we unsub. I'll come back when they have soemthing to show me.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats an extremely dumb answer. The person in charge of the presentation didn't add more because the devs are too busy working on the stuff? Are you serious? No, they don't have more to show. Maybe they have more, but it's not done enough to show. Maybe it's not all white and blocky, but it's certainly not far enough along to show in a presentation.

I am happy with how the patch sounds. It sounds like a cool patch. But it doesn't look cool, because I can't see anything concrete. They haven't even seriously started working on systems changes yet.
    Why is it a dumb answer? 9.0.5 isn't even out yet, and 9.1 is still heavy in the development stages. Give it time. They're not going to rush this expansion because of the needs of some whiny players.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not an asspull filler expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    One of the main problems I had with Legion and BFAs first tier was how short it was. Both were only 4 months which is way too short for a 10 boss, hard, raid.

Hoping for 5.5-6 months for 9.1 and the new raid like a more standard raid tier.
    legions first raid wad a joke and was good that it didnt last long,it was ALMOST on wotlk levels of easy,granted it was mostly due to the devs underestimating how strong legenderies and ap would be

10+ Year Old Account
    well...it's a very early look, that's it

everything is tehnicaly an ''asspull'',but this expansion is in no way ''filler'',this expansion is part of the very core of whats happening in the grand scheme of things and will likely be crucial to the general conflict that is coming

fel and arcane is done

void and light is out there and death has been mentioned before as being a big part of it

now we need to learn about what the heck the first ones are and to what they are related

azeroth being born is also a big one if its something we can see in the current time frame

6 to 8 months is completely normal. CN opened in December so we can expect 9.1 around June nothing unusual or delayed. Still would have loved to know more about new systems. Like can we equip 2 legendaries? Do we get more covenant/soulbind stuff? etc..

Well, at least they said we can fly and showed a flying island from the bottom..

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    With how little they are able to show us about the new zone, dungeon, and raid that is in development, are we going to be waiting 6-7 months after release for this patch?
    I’d like to know what Blizzard has been doing the past 4 months. Clearly they’ve only spent minimal time on 9.1. Their push in Shadowlands to slow content consumption makes me think the Activision overlords have massively cut development teams or, more likely, reassigned them to other products. We as WoW players aren’t getting as much content for our money as we used to and what we do get is IMO not great. Sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    Kinda insane, that its so far away. this content drought is a joke.
    This is a content drought? My guild is still progressing the raid, and we're far from alone in that. Lots of us still need Keystone Master. There's plenty of content to push from my perspective. What's missing from your perspective?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Arom View Post
    I’d like to know what Blizzard has been doing the past 4 months. Clearly they’ve only spent minimal time on 9.1. Their push in Shadowlands to slow content consumption makes me think the Activision overlords have massively cut development teams or, more likely, reassigned them to other products. We as WoW players aren’t getting as much content for our money as we used to and what we do get is IMO not great. Sucks...
    Yes, a completely new content hub. A 10 boss raid. A megadungeon. They clearly do not intend to spend nor have they spent any time on 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I mean, the 6 month patch cycle thing only really applies if the expansion is going to have 4 raid tiers (24 month long expansion = 4 x 6 month raid tiers). 4 raid tiers per expansion isn't a standard/normal thing - BfA and WoTLK were the only expansions that had that, and I really think part of why they did the 4 raid tiers in BfA was with how poorly the expansion was perceived/launched, they felt they needed them to make it last 2 years. If they are going back to a more normal 3 tier expansion, 8 months or so (and a patch in July-ish) would be normal.
    I know someone will cry “tier sets!” But Legion really had 4 tiers. Emerald Nightmare lasted just as long as Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    What 6 month cycle? The first patch normally drops about 3 months out.
    Since legion it's generally been 5-6 months between most major patches.

Also it's not "normally" 3 months for the first patch.
    8.0 August 14, 2018, 8.1 December 11, 2018, 5 month gap.
    7.0 July 19, 2016, 7.1 October 25, 2016, 3 month gap.
    6.0 October 15, 2014, 6.1(lol) February 27, 2015, 4 month gap.
    5.0 August 28, 2012, 5.1 November 27, 2012, 3 month gap
    4.0 November 23, 2010, 4.1 April 26, 2011, 5 month gap.
    3.0 November 13, 2008, 3.1 April 14, 2009, 5 month gap.

There's some variance, but between 3 and 5 months seems normal for x.1. When you take into account a month of pre-patch, then it's closer to 6. The 3 month ones are rarer, and neither came with completely new raids. 5.1 had no raid content, and 7.1 introduced Trial of Valour, which used no new environments or models and contained only 3 bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    legions first raid wad a joke and was good that it didnt last long,it was ALMOST on wotlk levels of easy,granted it was mostly due to the devs underestimating how strong legenderies and ap would be
    They also added essentially EN bosses 8-10 with the ToV raid to give people a challenge guilds allegedly wanted but instead most just opted out until geared in NH gear later and came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    D4 panel was even worse.

Literally just the devs BSing with each other and wasting time for most of it.

OW2 panel was the only legit one between all of them. That game is looking good.
    I was really worried about Overwatch when it wasn't included in the opening ceremony and turned out it was the best panel by a long shot. Has some cool Destiny elements and even some aspects of WoW dungeons and old talent trees. Honestly can't wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    They also added essentially EN bosses 8-10 with the ToV raid to give people a challenge guilds allegedly wanted but instead most just opted out until geared in NH gear later and came back.
    oh tov was great,the first boss was designed rly cool,the doggy was a unique take on patchwerk fights,and helya was just a good designed challenge...felt rly good killing that boss before en came out