Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    PLEASE tell me WHY you defend capitalist GREED? Do you not want video games to be what they used to be?... It’s like I’ve woken up in a fucking alternate reality where people are actually defending microtransactions. What the hell happened to you people?
    Do you not understand that some people actually like this game and want to support Blizzard? That we're adults capable of making informed decisions?

Why would I want video games to be what they used to be? I'm not who I used to be. My tastes aren't what they used to be. I've got a raspberry pi hooked up to my tv, filled with nearly every Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Genesis, and GBA game, and you know what? I never touch it. I love those games with all of my heart and I can barely play them anymore. So, no, I don't want games to be what they used to be. I want them to evolve and change with the times.

You know what I don't want? What I really, really want to avoid? What I hope I will never have to do again? Level through Vanilla WoW content.

I might actually come back for TBC Classic and the level 58 boost is the entire reason why.

Since you like questions so much, here's one for you: Who the fuck do you think you are to tell us how to enjoy games? How to spend our money?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It's a win for the bots
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Of course I’m getting fuckingworked up over it. I have a fucking right to express my anger that every aspect of our lives are becoming hyper-minmaxed for profit with predatory microtransaction practices and bullshit. My question is why the FUCK aren’t more people this angry? Why the FUCK don’t people express their fucking anger anymore? It’s fucking baffling what the world is fuckijg turning to and people are taken aback when people SUDDENLY show a little bit of fucking human PASSION?
    Probably because I'm tired of being this angry. It hasn't improved, its only been getting worse. Even when there are significantly adverse reactions, little happens. There might be a recall but eventually everything is slowly re-instated. Even the legislative bodies are failing to make any real change - re: loot boxes.

Of course I’m getting fuckingworked up over it. I have a fucking right to express my anger that every aspect of our lives are becoming hyper-minmaxed for profit with predatory microtransaction practices and bullshit. My question is why the FUCK aren’t more people this angry? Why the FUCK don’t people express their fucking anger anymore? It’s fucking baffling what the world is fuckijg turning to and people are taken aback when people SUDDENLY show a little bit of fucking human PASSION?
    Because it literally has 0 impact to my gameplay, expect for more people playing and supporting the game I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I might actually come back for TBC Classic and the level 58 boost is the entire reason why.
    Itll be a lot easier to bring friends back too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's a win for the bots
    Bots are going to pay for boosts? Seems like a bad business decision lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Do you not understand that some people actually like this game and want to support Blizzard? That we're adults capable of making informed decisions?
    You're not supporting blizzard with these micro transactions BTW. Bobby is pocketing these payments I suggest you educate yourself on what's happening behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Itll be a lot easier to bring friends back too.

- - - Updated - - -

Bots are going to pay for boosts? Seems like a bad business decision lmao
    They make way more gold than they need to pay sub/boost, hence the continuos retail problem.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    You're not supporting blizzard with these micro transactions BTW. Bobby is pocketing these payments I suggest you educate yourself on what's happening behind the scenes.
    Well then enlighten us since you obviously know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Well then enlighten us since you obviously know.
    Plenty of info out there, here is one of employees struggling to makes ends meet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ge-disparities

Capatilism at its finest

Plenty of info out there, here is one of employees struggling to makes ends meet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ge-disparities

Capatilism at its finest
    oh golly wage disparity between ceo's and the others. shocking

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    oh golly wage disparity between ceo's and the others. shocking
    And yet no one seems to care. It's fine if you want to buy blizzard products but don't think you are supporting the developers.

And yet no one seems to care. It's fine if you want to buy blizzard products but don't think you are supporting the developers.
    By that logic you should only buy things made from little mom and pop shops...i mean it isnt a video game problem its an economics problem

You're right, people work for free.

But anyway, no one is claiming to pay for a boost in order to "support a developer"
    Please try something else.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2021-02-20 at 04:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    By that logic you should only buy things made from little mom and pop shops...i mean it isnt a video game problem its an economics problem
    Nope you misread

Hey, you know that older game mode that was started because the current developers have taken a pay per month retail game and ruined the community, and the rpg experience?. Well its time to make it just like retail and we can say that some "players" on the mmo champion forums actually wanted it. There is no way that this could go wrong...

You understand that the CEO getting paid a lot isn't the same as the CEO getting all of the microtransaction money, right? You understand that Blizzard, the company, requires money to continue operating? Money to fund future game development? Blizzard is still creating games, still hiring talent, and still massively successful. Do you remember when Blizzard basically doubled their WoW staff a few expansions ago? Where do you think their salaries come from? You have a very naive understanding of what the situation actually is.

Talk all you want about testers and CSRs, but those aren't skilled positions and non-skilled positions do not make competitive wages. It's an industry-wide problem that Blizzard isn't going to be able to solve on their own, and won't be solved until workers unionize or stop filling the job. There's no point in getting worked up over it when it's not a problem that we, the players, can actively work on.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2021-02-20 at 05:49 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Calm your tits.

The point I'm making is that everyone is crying about a single one-time character boost being "PAY TO WIN REEEEE".....leveling to 58 is not "winning" WoW. It literally just lets you skip ~2 weeks of leveling for ONE character. And people are acting like it's the end of the world (of warcraft) and TBC is ruined because of it.

You're not gaining any special advantage over other players. You're just paying to skip half the leveling process for one(1) character. This is not "winning". This is not "pay2win".

Even if Blizzard didn't offer this, people would still be boosting characters, just by paying for dungeon boosts instead of paying Blizzard, so nothing really changed.
    Let's skip two weeks of raiding next. Let's skip two weeks of playing the auction house, while we're at it.
    Buying a boost is against everything TBC stands for

Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post
    Let's skip two weeks of raiding next. Let's skip two weeks of playing the auction house, while we're at it.
    The boost is specifically FOR the people that want TBC, not classic.

Your slippery slope fallacy is sad.

Or more likely a mage main who is upset he’ll miss out on a bit of boost $

Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post
    By TBC, you mean the expansion to vanilla WoW that covered level 60-70 content? That TBC?

You can already buy everything in wow.
    Mythic denathrius.
    2400 Arena rating.
    Gladiator.

Most of those cost at least 500 bucks in gold, but you can pretty much buy everything already.

In TBC sell runs will be even more affordable.