Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If those are better values to you, then by all means, play them instead of D2.

No one's forcing you to pay one cent toward a redone D2. You also have nothing that entitles you to set the price for it, either. You can pay up, or you can walk away. Your choice. I care not. I don't know if I'll buy it, either, truth be known.

What annoys me are the people here on the forum who think they have some 'right' to tell a company what the price should be. Build your own business and you can set the prices yourself. That's what I did. I'm not in games, but, I set the prices, as much the market will let me.

Let the company set the price. If they set it too high, they'll lower it. If they make bank on the price they set, then you really can't say much, can you?
    you are not telling me anything I do not already know.

Thanks for the introductory level run down of how businesses work.

Yeah not gonna buy it for that price.
    It's an old game with no content that's mostly played by bots.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    What's the difference between versions? Found nothing about this Prime Evil Collection.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=321032/...-and-pre-order

Diablo 2: Resurrected for $39.99.

The Prime Evil Collection for $59.99 - a bundle including Diablo 2: Resurrected, Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls, the Rise of the Necromancer, Mephisto pet, and Hatred’s Grasp cosmetic wings for Diablo III*.

The Prime Evil Collection Upgrade - the same Prime Evil Collection bundle, minus the cost of any already owned content. This price will vary depending on what you already own.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Really? After the WC3 debacle?
    I did too. Different teams, this one has a very positive track record on remakes. And from what we saw so far, it looks great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    It's an old game with no content that's mostly played by bots.
    It's probably one of the most played games, ever, yet it has no content? That's an odd statement.

Yeah lul. Not going to pay 40$ for a game that should come for free with D4 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I'd want PC or console, the videos looked so pretty on my tv.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    Yeah lul. Not going to pay 40$ for a game that should come for free with D4 or something.
    Free? Are you high? How about you do hundreds of hours of work for free...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it blizzard, I finally quit diablo2 few years ago, gor married, got kid and job and everything, now you lure me like this again?

Ah well
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Free? Are you high? How about you do hundreds of hours of work for free...
    I don't think people realize this, or simply forgot. You are entirely accurate.o

The movies, tv shows, music or games we enjoy are developed, designed, produced, edited, acted, distributed, by a lot of people. There's thousands upon thousands of hours of work involved in any media\entertainment we consume, yet people expect to get them for free.

Quite silly.

So yea, people might think the price is high, disagree with it and not purchase, and whatnot, fine. But expecting it for free is absolutely asinine.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-20 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    God damn it blizzard, I finally quit diablo2 few years ago, gor married, got kid and job and everything, now you lure me like this again?

Ah well
    you had a good run
    /s

Nah, that’s cheap for a quality famous game remake. Obscure XYZ trilogy remake may need to go bargain bin on launch, but not Diablo 2, lol. The IP is more valuable than you think, apparently. They could charge 70 bucks if they wanted too and sell almost as much, but probably wouldn’t want to handle the bad PR.

When your remake is named Diablo 2 or Final Fantasy VII you get a lot of leeway. Those games are legends, for better or worse.

I’ll probably triple dip Switch, PC, PS5 if it’s good. This is a game I can keep coming back to throughout the gen, if it is good that is. Bad meta critic = no sale.

Also, lol, seriously how many dozens of hours do you need for 40 bucks? The value proposition here is solid. Ego about not getting scammed is ironically robbing you of fulfilling game experiences.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-02-20 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I don't think people realize this, or simply forgot. You are entirely accurate.o

The movies, tv shows, music or games we enjoy are developed, designed, produced, edited, acted, distributed, by a lot of people. There's thousands upon thousands of hours of work involved in any media\entertainment we consume, yet people expect to get them for free.

Quite silly.

So yea, people might think the price is high, disagree with it and not purchase, and whatnot, fine. But expecting it for free is absolutely asinine.
    Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth.

The video game industry is actually much smaller than most gamers know or think. I'm just gonna put it like that.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

gonna wait to see if its good. dont need to be a fanboi or hater. good games deserve support while bad games dont

why is it so complicated?

10+ Year Old Account
    And meanwhile, Nintendo comes in with a HD version of Skyward Sword and wants 60.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Given that you're willing to buy it anyways, $40 can't be that ridiculous.

I'll pick it up if it's done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    starcraft remaster $15
    warcraft deforged $30
    diablo ressurect $40

starting to get steep.
    Usually I would agree with you but if you look at how much different graphical things there are in Diablo 2 compared to Starcraft, it's like comparing Grand theft Auto 1 to Grand Theft Auto 5. There are so many different mobs and areas that I really think they will have to do a ton of work to make it go above the disappointing mark for people.

I hope they do this well but I really think that Blizzard is going to have a hard time justifying the amount of work they will do on this game for the amount that actually sells.

7+ Year Old Account
    One thing you guys seem to be forgetting here is that its basicly a seperate studio making the d2 remaster with blizzard being the publisher.. yes blizzard basicly bought up vicarious visions for this project specifically, but they are still vicarious visions.. who has churned out some pretty nice remasters already.. while i agree that the price (especially for those of us who already own both d2 and lod on bnet, christ just give us the free upgrade so you can close down the old bnet connectivity on d2 without backlash?) Is a bit high, i can see why its high.. alot more developement has gone into this compared to something like the starcraft remaster (literally just upped the polygon count from 4 to 8) and the warcraft remaster which is literally just starcraft with wc3 assets..

10+ Year Old Account
    People think paying 40$ for a game that took thousands of hours of work done by a bunch of people is too much? Wow.

Whether the price is to high or not is something each of us has to decide for ourselves.
    Some find the price outrageous, and they're right, and some find it a steal, and they're also right
    I personally never pre-order or pre-buy anything because I want to see what I buy and pre-ordering encourages bad practises among producers of goods and services.

I for one will buy it if it:
    A) Runs smooth and has vastly improved graphics
    B) Will allow at least the same amount of modding as the original D2

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I understand that they have been working a lot of D2 : Resurrected, but 54$CAD (or 44USD) is beyond greedy for a remastered title.

Are they going to use the same old argument about giving us lord of destruction included? Please. This game has been out for 20 years, come the f*** on*.

Personally, I don't mind paying for it, i've been a fan since day 1 of D2 release, but all those friends that I want to play with, and newer player, they won't pay that much.

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?
    I loved this game to death, but its a hard pass for me if there's no new content. 1.13c was an amazing patch for an old game, and we haven't seen anything like it in over 10 years. Titan Quest is still getting new expansions so many years later; if the only thing D2 Resurrected offers is QoL features and HD, its a been there done that... which is kind of bittersweet to say, but there's better options out there new like Grim Dawn, PoE, and Titan Quest.

A new expansion for D2 would be more interesting than just a simple remaster; nostalgia isn't enough for me to buy into this unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    I loved this game to death, but its a hard pass for me if there's no new content. 1.13c was an amazing patch for an old game, and we haven't seen anything like it in over 10 years. Titan Quest is still getting new expansions so many years later; if the only thing D2 Resurrected offers is QoL features and HD, its a been there done that... which is kind of bittersweet to say, but there's better options out there new like Grim Dawn, PoE, and Titan Quest.

A new expansion for D2 would be more interesting than just a simple remaster; nostalgia isn't enough for me to buy into this unfortunately.
    Yeah getting to hell difficulty is fun, but once you're there you realise only a handful of specs actually work because of immunities and those specs need runewords which need runes that you'll never see drop outside of dupes so yea this game needs changes and more content badly.