Poll: What are you?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you hardcore or?

Hey everyone, so it is question for everyone who still plays WoW. What are you considering yourself? hardcore or semi hardcore? or filthy casual or casual fuck (the rank casual fuck are thr players who dont even do LFR and just do some covenant stuff and world quests and barely any dungeons then log off).

For me personally from classic all the way up to the end of WoD I considered myself semi hardcore (I did get back into mythic raiding at the first tier of BfA up to Jaina then I quit mythic raiding due to real life stuff). But now I consider myself filthy casual who only does heroic raiding and some mythic+ but yeah not super hardcore anymore.

I'm definitely not hardcore, more like Hordecore.

Somewhere between semi hardcore & filthy casual (by my own standards) I guess. Currently playing less than 8-10 hours a week which is pretty damn low, but we are progging SLG Mythic which can't really be seen as casual I suppose, even if the hours put in are chill.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2021-02-20 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    the rank casual fuck are thr players who dont even do LFR and just do some covenant stuff and world quests and barely any dungeons then log off
    That describes me, but the problem is I'm an altoholic so I don't feel very "casual" when I'm still playing probably more hours a week than the hardcore crowd just over multiple characters.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Semi hardcore currently. Currently progressing heroic with my guild, and I agonize over WA and making my UI more efficient, review raid logs, spend time farming for mats / contributing to the GB, do all that good stuff. The only thing that keeps me from being fully hardcore is a) I give almost zero shits about M+ (typically don't do more than 4 / week, and will gladly skip weeks entirely if I find the affix combo annoying), and only raid 2 nights per week, 2 hours per night.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore in bed Softcore in game.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Hardcore in bed Softcore in game.
    Better than being the other way around

based on this, 92% of people arent good enough for the content i wanted to do.

semi hardcore would try (and fail)

no wonder it became near impossible to push the highest keys in m+ through pugs if this is the demographic.

yikes.

i was in the hardcore pool and in past expansions was in the top bracket of hardcore players, not anymore though i quit this horror show of 92% not good enough community.

Hey everyone, so it is question for everyone who still plays WoW. What are you considering yourself? hardcore or semi hardcore? or filthy casual or casual fuck (the rank casual fuck are thr players who dont even do LFR and just do some covenant stuff and world quests and barely any dungeons then log off).

For me personally from classic all the way up to the end of WoD I considered myself semi hardcore (I did get back into mythic raiding at the first tier of BfA up to Jaina then I quit mythic raiding due to real life stuff). But now I consider myself filthy casual who only does heroic raiding and some mythic+ but yeah not super hardcore anymore.
    Definition of casual in Wow is extremely wrong, because this game is extremely overtuned. Real 100% casual - is player, who plays candy crush in subway, while riding to his work. Player, who plays for several hours a day - isn't casual, sorry. But in Wow achieving relatively complex tasks, like leveling and gearing all 12 classes, considered super-druper casual, because some super-druper hard content isn't completed while doing it.

You know. I don't know info about current Wow. But back in old times only 10% of players raided normals (old heroics) and only 1% of players was doing hardmodes (old mythics). And, you know, player skill distribution is usually something like this:

So, what you call "casual f**ks" may be actually majority of playerbase.

Because, you know, major problem with Wow is - that it's playerbase starts in a middle of that graph or may be even further towards right side. I.e. more than half of possible playerbase is actually alienated. And that's, I guess, is by design.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-02-20 at 09:10 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I'd say semi-hardcore. I raid mythic twice a week (halfway through the raid atm) and I do a few +14-15s per week.

I can't really call myself hardcore because I've had periods in the past where I've done more (usually when I've been between jobs).

If hardcore means time investment then I'm a casual. I try to hit the highest ratings I can with the least time investment. But I would consider myself a better player than most mythic raiders who have hopeless arena ratings and no real skill outside of scripted encounters. So I don't think "hardcore" has anything to do with skill at all in this game.

10+ Year Old Account

Wouldn't call it being filthy casual to do heroic raids. As I am an altoholic, I enjoy world content more but I do raiding as well. I do it at large scale (multiple alts raiding) so I'm a hardcore casual?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Anybody who plays less than me is a casual.

Anybody who plays more than me is a tryhard hardcore player.

I, myself, play the exactly perfect number of hours. Because I'm amazing and the universe surrounds me.

By your nonsense system I'm probably a filfthy casual now? I certainly haven't raided more than 2 evenings per week in the last 6 years.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Theres at least 5 tiers. Probably 7. Maybe even 10. I'll see how it goes.

Tier 1: (the true hardcore). Top 100 arena (soloqueue)/pve. The game is a challenge. They figure it out and beat it. This also includes you, yes you!, the pet battlers. You want to beat the game and you want to be the best at it (and will devote whatever it takes to reach that goal).
    Tier 2: (the aspirants): Theyre just waiting for those dudes to slip or get lazy. Lets call it top 1000 for s+g's. You screw up, they'll steal your spot (realise the work involved and probably just think, 'oh god, this isnt for me, dude!)
    Tier 3: (You are a normal everyday wow player): You do 8-15 keys, you probably have aotc without even paying for a carry. You just play the game EXACTLY as its intended. You should be the core of the game. You could be tier 2, you could be tier 4 on a lazy day. You're the mid range player, and im going to repeat this, but you are EXACTLY the core player of the game who the game "should be" designed around.
    Tier 4: (The crypto-casual): You dont really care about keeping up. Maybe you play in bursts, maybe the ladder just isnt for you anymore? You get the game, you understand it, but its just a nice chill hobby. Its not that serious. You probably do everything tier 3 does, but for the sake of chill, you dont necessarily bother with going the extra mile to grind shit out (unless you're in the mood - and even then, its just because youre having fun doing it at that specific time). Sometimes you're ahead of the curve (not the achievement), sometimes youre not. Its a fun hobby. You're basically stage 3 in terms of motivation (you like and play most of the game features and have no issue with the LFD/LFG distinction), but its really just about real life priorities and time you want to commit to the game.
    Tier 5: (The casual): The big LFD/LFG distinction. You dont really touch LFG unless its absolutely essential (M0 yolo 'mega dungeons', world bosses etc). But you've no issue with LFD content. You'll probably do all the heroic dungeons and plenty of random BGs. You're basically happy playing most of the game in its second string. You've probably done your layer 8 torghast, you've reached your gear cap doing world content, you've even probably researched your spec, covenant, soulbind, conduits and rotation so you pull your weight in LFR/Heroics. You probably want to pull your weight in heroics/LFR!?!??
    Tier 6: (The solo player/completionist): You dont touch LFR, LFD or random BGs. You just want to play world content. You indirectly play each expansion at least one step removed. The POINT of staying current is to enjoy the content from previous expansions at your own pace (and getting the new cosmetics). You like cosmetics. Player power is fine in so far as it helps you achieve your personal goals of seeing the storyline, running old raids, grinding cosmetics/rep. You couldnt care less about the ladder or power for any other reason. Unlike the stage 5 casual, you arent really all that bothered by 'having nothing to do' because 'you've reached the ilvl cap'. You literally have TOO MUCH to do. What is it? 200k anima? You just want to enjoy the wow universe.
    Tier 7: (L'etrange): You have some obsession that is completely outside of any of those listed above. You are simultaneously hardcore af, and casual af. You love something in the game completely outside the paradigm of the actual gameplay. And you keep logging in because its about that experience which the wow community provides you.

As for me, totally tier 5.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-02-20 at 02:09 PM.

This again.

Casual/Hardcore is the mentality towards something, not the content you do.

A scrub that does "Mythic raiding" and gets 2 bosses down the last 10 days before the next patch hits, after the 200 changes/nerfs and the patch in between and the 20% buff to player power and got AoTC the 5th month after 200 wipes, isnt a "Hardcore player" because he got AoTC, while barely playing his character abilities at the 5% of their capabilities.

Hardcore is the mentality to know/be good/be decent/put some effort into learning something, you can literally be a Hardcore Pet Battler, but you arent a hardcore WoW player.

I have a hardcore mentality , as in i cant play without knowing how to counter every single thing in M+ , how to make sure my raid of scrubs doesnt wipe because they forgot the tactic we do 2 days later, when they are supposed to do what and yada yada yada, but i aint gonna raid more than 4-5h/week ever again as i havent the last 8 years, i aint gonna waste my time doing irrelevant shit, and i am not gonna sit down to push keys for 10 hours each day to rush KSM.

I play casual hours (after the initial first month where everything is new and fun) and my mentality makes me a better player than the 99%, what exactly am i?
    Last edited by potis; 2021-02-20 at 02:26 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    or. I'm or.

I don't know?

I reached 3.2k rio in BFA.

Now in SL I'm at 1.2k.

So, the time I spend in the game? I am usually a filthy casual, I only play lots of hours for ~1 month after an expansion or major patch launch.
    Usually clear HC or get close to doing it and clear most dungeons in +9 or +10. Then I let the subscription end for months or pay some month in-between just to fuck around.