Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    The Archon saying "you..." , to free anduin soul from his grasp , and then the jailer takes over talking directly to Kyrestia ... but no it's Arthas

Uther reacts because he probably recognizes the power or influence of the maw , because he's been fucked over by it twice now .
    It's not like Jailer hasn't controlled a body that was inhabited by multiple souls in the past. Much less one they are making direct allusions to. If Anduin wasn't going to cooperate, then he would instill someone inside that body that would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Danuser's simping is what drives the plot into a narrative ditch full of shit.
    Sarah Sylvanas Kerrigan

And

Jim nathanos raynor

- - - Updated - - -

IMO the gem is how the Jailer controls the wielder/ wearer of the vessels of domination , like the Helm. Remember Arthas snapping back to his old self when the crown is removed at the end of ICC and the same reason why bolvar apparently has been tainted too while wearing it.
    I don't think Arthas soul itself is instrumental in any of this tbh.
    Possibly. At this point in time we don't know, but I'm feeling (and happy) that we are right at the edge of learning how the system works.

It is also interesting that Z'rali says "death must be made to know it's place" in the sense that it is overstepping and the jailer says "death was never meant to be chained"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    He is boring definitely. But he's linear. Like you know what he's gonna do. Which makes sense cuz he's boring lol.

But id rather have boring than,

Edgy teenage angst ex warchief current conflicted goth teen.

I mean you can make everyone in WoW sound horrible when you reduce it to that

Sad old life crisis alliance simp Orc

BDSM sex slave flower Tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the idea is that Anduin's current nature has been cloaked somehow, as only Uther (with his intimate connection to the power of Domination) seems to recognize it. It's not until Anduin gets close to Kyrestia that she sees through his cloaked nature.
    That they just let anduin waltz in there, despite knowing he was caught in the maw and no one vouched for him yet alone is a single braincell move, but then again we are talking about Kyrian the most stupid creatures blizzard has invented to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I mean you can make everyone in WoW sound horrible when you reduce it to that

Sad old life crisis alliance simp Orc

BDSM sex slave flower Tauren
    BDSM and old life crisis sound better then endless teenage goth drama with shitty redemptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree BUT gotta say. Sylvanas' has to be alot older and is far more experienced than Anduin. She shouldn't need him for phycological support to realize that she's working with the entity that brought about her demise and ruined her people. Current and former.
    Not nessecarily. Everyone, young old alike, can change under varying factors. Let's look at the notion here.

Sylvanas is a rather 'ancient' Elf, having lived several hundred, if not thousands of years before she died. In all that time, she had 2 'sisters' that she loved, and eventually (just before the end of her life in the grand scheme of things) found a lover in a human, Nathanos. These were very positive times, and she'd have all the loving support and care of her family and people all the while. She'd never want or need for it because it was just... There. Much like the High Elves never noticing that they were addicted to the Sunwell's magic.

Suddenly, Alleria takes off with another human to another world, Vareesa has all but left Quel'thelas to live in Dalaran with her husband, Ronin, and then finally, Arthas shows up. Sylvanas does what she can, as we know, but that all ends.

She's forced to do monstrous things, but reviles it the whole way through, and once she's finally afforded freedom from it through Arthas growing weak in his connection to the Lich King, she immediatly takes up that freedom, and does what she can to take him down.

We don't need to tread further story here, but let's look at her possible emotional state. She's become an undead monster, something that was associated with evil magic, and most notably, the Burning Legion, an enemy to all of Azeroth, and something that every single race currently inhabiting the world, hates. She can only be really sure of herself, as her own people, the newly freed Forsaken, might not like themselves or others as well. She's alone for the first time, and she can't show that, because she has to lead her people into a new future for them. She powers on, joining the Horde, but only because the Tauren felt sorry for them. Thrall and Vol'jin weren't exactly eager to accept them, for what they were. The Alliance, meanwhile, rejected them flat out, even killing their messengers, and calling them Scourge. The Forsaken were hated or reviled by everyone, or in the one race's exception, felt pitied.

Then the Blood Elves joined, and while it was alot more of a positive reception, their reagent leader, Lor'themar, also felt pity for Sylvanas, and the dynamic of their old friendship had forever changed. Whatever feelings the Blood Elves had for Sylvanas, it wasn't enough to be truly positive, it was more of a 'blanket acceptance'.

To put it short, Sylvanas has never really found someone LIVING that accepted her for who she is, in spite of what she became. Then along comes Anduin, who sees her not as a wicked Banshee, but as a leader of her people, just like him. In that, she's his equal, and he wants to help her. To guide her to a sensible path, even after all that she has done, both as Scourge, and as Forsaken. He still sees hope in her.

Falling down so far, and still having someone who is respected and cared for by his own people in such a way would have a profound effect. I can't say how much it'd of effected Sylvanas, but I highly doubt she scoffed it off.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    It's because Arthas is inhabiting Anduin's body. Uneasiness. They made it clear who is in Anduin when Uther touched his wound when he saw Anduin.

It's not just a callback to Arthas. It IS Arthas.
    Arthas is most certainly not in Anduin's body, though I'd wager his soul was used to forge the sword Anduin is using.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Kyrian are low IQ individuals.
    Understatement of the century. The whole lot of them is a different level of pathetic in terms of basic intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    BDSM and old life crisis sound better then endless teenage goth drama with shitty redemptions.
    Oh alright

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That they just let anduin waltz in there, despite knowing he was caught in the maw and no one vouched for him yet alone is a single braincell move, but then again we are talking about Kyrian the most stupid creatures blizzard has invented to this day.
    Well the Kyrians are none too bright, that's not something that can really be argued in my opinion. But their experience would also be based on the Maw Walker and other Azerothian heroes who've escaped the Maw - all of whom have been a net boon to the Covenants and the Maw Walker has single-handedly helped restore their realm. So I can see them giving Anduin the benefit of the doubt. I actually blame Uther more for not speaking up when he obviously felt something was amiss. That aside, I was kind of glad to see Kyrestia get ganked as I really don't like her.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    To put it short, Sylvanas has never really found someone LIVING that accepted her for who she is, in spite of what she became. Then along comes Anduin, who sees her not as a wicked Banshee, but as a leader of her people, just like him. In that, she's his equal, and he wants to help her. To guide her to a sensible path, even after all that she has done, both as Scourge, and as Forsaken. He still sees hope in her.

Falling down so far, and still having someone who is respected and cared for by his own people in such a way would have a profound effect. I can't say how much it'd of effected Sylvanas, but I highly doubt she scoffed it off.
    What a sob story. I'm in tears. If only Wrynn (Varian one) would show her trust on Broken Shore! If only Horde would accept her, agreeing with appointing her a Warchief! If only she had any loyalists here! Things would be so much different!

Oh wait...
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well the Kyrians are none too bright, that's not something that can really be argued in my opinion. But their experience would also be based on the Maw Walker and other Azerothian heroes who've escaped the Maw - all of whom have been a net boon to the Covenants and the Maw Walker has single-handedly helped restore their realm. So I can see them giving Anduin the benefit of the doubt. I actually blame Uther more for not speaking up when he obviously felt something was amiss. That aside, I was kind of glad to see Kyrestia get ganked as I really don't like her.
    Mortals had to jump through hoops just to get an audience, despite being pretty much the saviors of the universe but Anduin gets a pass for being a nice king, not to mention Bolvar just had a vision with Anduin about to be corrupted, so unless the people in Oribos are slobbering Idiots for not immediately sending warnings out, or the Kyrian. Either way Morons are involved

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    What a sob story. I'm in tears. If only Wrynn (Varian one) would show her trust on Broken Shore! If only Horde would accept her, agreeing with appointing her a Warchief! If only she had any loyalists here! Things would be so much different!

Oh wait...
    Varian never really showed her alot of trust until that point, and even then he was flanked by alot of people who considered it a bad move. At the end of Pandaria he makes mention of reigning in the Forsaken Territory. While it is fair to point out that there was genuine cooperation on the Broken Shore, it only lasted that long, and we never got to see where that might go, because Varian got disenchanted by Gul'Dan. It's clear that it had an effect on her, but it likely only pushed her further down.

The Horde never fully accepted Sylvanas as their Warchief. Vol'jin's final words to her included "I have never trusted you." He was basicly setting her up for failure at that point.

The Horde moved forward with it because 1) It was the preivous Warchief's final choice, and they would respect that. 2) they were in a war for their very survival, arguing amongst themselves over leadership would of ensured that the Legion won. Atleast, in their view.

Right at the end of the Legion's defeat, you saw how this goes forward. Baine and Saurfang immediatly start to show their thoughts, expressing it over Gallywix and the like. They clearly disagreed with the envoys to Silithus, or at the very least, had misgivings about it.

Then came the War of Thorns, and we all know how that goes from there.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The move with Anduin is so desperate on WoW writers' part. The mind control stuff almost always is a lazy move. Arthas slowly turning into Lich King was full of emotions, Anduin on other hand is soulless and emotionless because there is nothing in it on his part.

IMO the gem is how the Jailer controls the wielder/ wearer of the vessels of domination , like the Helm. Remember Arthas snapping back to his old self when the crown is removed at the end of ICC and the same reason why bolvar apparently has been tainted too while wearing it.
    I don't think Arthas soul itself is instrumental in any of this tbh.
    none of the LKs were under the control of the Jailer tho. Thats why he calls bolvar "a failure, like thos that came before him".
    He had to use sylvanas and now anduin bc all of the LKs defied him and did their own thing.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Varian never really showed her alot of trust until that point, and even then he was flanked by alot of people who considered it a bad move. At the end of Pandaria he makes mention of reigning in the Forsaken Territory. While it is fair to point out that there was genuine cooperation on the Broken Shore, it only lasted that long, and we never got to see where that might go, because Varian got disenchanted by Gul'Dan. It's clear that it had an effect on her, but it likely only pushed her further down.

The Horde never fully accepted Sylvanas as their Warchief. Vol'jin's final words to her included "I have never trusted you." He was basicly setting her up for failure at that point.

The Horde moved forward with it because 1) It was the preivous Warchief's final choice, and they would respect that. 2) they were in a war for their very survival, arguing amongst themselves over leadership would of ensured that the Legion won. Atleast, in their view.

Right at the end of the Legion's defeat, you saw how this goes forward. Baine and Saurfang immediatly start to show their thoughts, expressing it over Gallywix and the like. They clearly disagreed with the envoys to Silithus, or at the very least, had misgivings about it.

Then came the War of Thorns, and we all know how that goes from there.
    i see where you are going with this but ill be honest much of it sounds like a big fat excuse. i mean put it this way. Anduin is in the situation because of her.

like i said edgy teenage angst. like shes lashing out in the worst self harming way possible because people arent loving her enough.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    i see where you are going with this but ill be honest much of it sounds like a big fat excuse. i mean put it this way. Anduin is in the situation because of her.

like i said edgy teenage angst. like shes lashing out in the worst self harming way possible because people arent loving her enough.
    While I wouldn't say she's lashing out BECAUSE of all the listed above, I can absolutely see why one might draw that conclusion.

I don't fully know her motivations here, so I don't want to delve too deeply into the speculation of it all. But with how she's recently been reacting, I don't think she's showing regret in her actions. I think she fully commited to them. Where I think those looks are coming from, is that if the theory that Anduin = Arthas right now, then she does not like that she's working alongside Arthas in any capacity, but she lost that arguement when it came to trying to not use him.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the fact that vol'jin ending up a loa, by itself, is pointless and unnecessary, because again, its a role already filled by bwosandi and his own father, and him as loa is making no fucking difference in the narrative at all when he could be huge as a position it was builded in MOP
    Honestly I think Rastakhan would've been better as a Loa then Vol'jin
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    It's because Arthas is inhabiting Anduin's body. Uneasiness. They made it clear who is in Anduin when Uther touched his wound when he saw Anduin.

It's not just a callback to Arthas. It IS Arthas.
    No, Uther felt something, because it was power from the same source as LK Arthas had. Possessed Anduin calls Archon his sister, and she recognize him. That's no Arthas.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-20 at 08:36 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The similarity to Arthas is purely cosmetic. Storywise he's more of a Sylvanas riff, what with becoming a slave puppeted by his enemy. Unlike Sylvanas though they're pulling their punches since Anduin being a sleeper agent gives them an in story excuse to not have this have any permanent effect, as compared to undeath. Him killing Kyrestia I'm of two minds about - it's a cop out to not have Anduin kill someone closer to him when it comes to developing his character if they want to push the Sylvanas parallel. The Archon isn't anybody to him. On the other hand, we've not been shown that the Jailer cares about that sort of thing and he'd quite obviously use Anduin for his purposes. Why you would write a villain who doesn't care and is not just a void of personality but has as his whole gimmick that he does it to others as well is another question.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.