Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    And this was known problems since Beta. We have been playing for 4 months with this problems. And they're fixed just now? And problem is - it's not all problems, we have. Casual content isn't fixed AT ALL. No fixes for leveling. No fixes for Renown RNG. No increase of anima income from WQs. Sorry, but NONE of my concerns are fixed. No reason for me to return till 9.1. And what new content will I have in 9.1? Flying? After another X months of time-gated Renown grind, that can be skipped due to catch-up mechanism and nothing else to do in game before getting flying? Literally no major problems are fixed.
    Shadowlands has been out since November 23. Its February 19th. That is almost 3 months not 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    From a casual player view myself being one i can tell you that the anima currently rewarded is fine. The leveling is fine, the renown catchup is only applicable to alts and in that case fine..
    The primaey issue is gear.. and valor isnt going to fix that..
    M+ drops too little and has a too steep entry requirement made by raider.io which breeds elitism. Meaning the casual player gets even less of a chance to actually get better gear and get to experience the harder content to actuaæly experience the game.
    It's simple math. What is total amount of anima, needed to fully get all covenant rewards on one character? What new rewards will be added in 9.1? What is weekly income per character in casual mode? 1K? Getting a little bit more may be ok, if you play one character only. But what about playing on 4 characters? Or even more? How many weeks will be needed to accomplish this task? It's just impossible without buff. It's like rep grind 2.0 and anima should be something like garrison resources, not rep. And this buff is actually needed RIGHT NOW, at least in 9.0.5, not in 9.1, that we don't even know when will be released.

Other problems are bearable, but it would be nice to have them fixed. Leveling is boring is only flying will 100% fix it. But 20% exp buff would be nice. Today without this buff you're actually required to do side quests in order not to hit level-gates. This is wrong and should be fixed.

Average renown catch-up pace is nice, but it would be good to make it more stable. May be they should put cap on renown from certain sources, but provide guaranteed renown rewards from them instead. I just hate two things. When I have nothing to do and RNG. Current renown has them both.

And I don't even talk about broken design of some WQs. But this problem isn't that critical, because you can always avoid them after learning, that they're badly designed.

And as I said in my other thread, this problems cause World of Waitcraft syndrome. Blizzard refuse to fix them, while thinking that such things would "milk" more game time from their players, but result is completely opposite, because players prefer to wait for fixes instead. And further Blizzard delay this fixes - for more time players stay unsubbed. They need to fix things and they need to fix them NOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Shadowlands has been out since November 23. Its February 19th. That is almost 3 months not 4 months.
    I know, I refer to 9.0.5 release date, not current date.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's simple math. What is total amount of anima, needed to fully get all covenant rewards on one character? What new rewards will be added in 9.1? What is weekly income per character in casual mode? 1K? Getting a little bit more may be ok, if you play one character only. But what about playing on 4 characters? Or even more? How many weeks will be needed to accomplish this task? It's just impossible without buff. It's like rep grind 2.0 and anima should be something like garrison resources, not rep. And this buff is actually needed RIGHT NOW, at least in 9.0.5, not in 9.1, that we don't even know when will be released.

Other problems are bearable, but it would be nice to have them fixed. Leveling is boring is only flying will 100% fix it. But 20% exp buff would be nice. Today without this buff you're actually required to do side quests in order not to hit level-gates. This is wrong and should be fixed.

Average renown catch-up pace is nice, but it would be good to make it more stable. May be they should put cap on renown from certain sources, but provide guaranteed renown rewards from them instead. I just hate two things. When I have nothing to do and RNG. Current renown has them both.

And I don't even talk about broken design of some WQs. But this problem isn't that critical, because you can always avoid them after learning, that they're badly designed.

And as I said in my other thread, this problems cause World of Waitcraft syndrome. Blizzard refuse to fix them, while thinking that such things would "milk" more game time from their players, but result is completely opposite, because players prefer to wait for fixes instead. And further Blizzard delay this fixes - for more time players stay unsubbed. They need to fix things and they need to fix them NOW.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, I refer to 9.0.5 release date, not current date.
    No one forced you to play with 4 characters really (I assume these 4 characters are well geared and you dedicate yourself for them correct?)

Having more than 2 characters well geared is optional. No one is forcing you to do all of that really. It is like someone complaining of spare parts of cars being super expensive because he is using 4 cars instead of one yeah? it is your fault for having more than 1 car really. You are biting more than you chew as they say.

They're not working as fast as normal due to the pandemic most likely.

I'm still a bit surprised there isn't more, since the game was basically done in June in beta other than the systems.

I'd expect the other teams to of had a head start, especially with the delay, but maybe more energy is going into 9.2 and 9.3 currently.

Ya'll are cookin if you think this patch is out before August at the earliest

Hi, 2020 Coivd pandemic here.
    You probably think that everything just magically was solved by "working from home" but the deficit in production has to be bailed out over time.

Chill out. Unsub if you're bored.
    SorryNotSorry

the biggest reveal turns out to be Blizzard is way behind on this xpac. They could've given as much or as little time as they wanted to show off "what's next" for Shadowlands. Clearly and unquestionably, they chose the latter. First, the good news, the 1st patch appears to be stacked with content in comparison to other .1 patches from previous xpacs. The bad news, this is a long way off, we're probably looking at a release no sooner than early June and more than likely a July or August release date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The 6 month in patch for BfA was a raid, two open world zones.
    The 3 month patch was a raid, and a mega dungeon (among many other smaller things)

We're getting stuff half as quickly as BfA
    BfA released mid August '18, 8.2 late June '19, almost July. Is that hard to do 10 sec check before you post misinformation?

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrolling View Post
    Ya'll are cookin if you think this patch is out before August at the earliest
    ...and there is always this guy that no matter current prediction must throw some unrealistic late date and act like we all naive for predicting somethign earlier.

Same with SL launch, right after SL reveal someone made "SL will be 2021" thread cause Preach said it's in really early stage. And when later pandemic blew up and there was REAL danger of 2021 release, "SL will be 2022" posts started appearing.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-02-20 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

This is not what people want. People want fun new things. This is just 9.0 revisited. Maw, Torghast, raid bosses, a dungeon. Yawn.

What people ARE asking for are the kinds of things we got in Legion and BfA. Allied raced and customization, awesome new features like the Mage Tower and incredible transmogs. Shadowlands is literally just Torghast and the Maw alongside raiding and M+.
    This. This new patch only has the super-basic stuff any "big" patch in this game usually offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    No one forced you to play with 4 characters really (I assume these 4 characters are well geared and you dedicate yourself for them correct?)

Having more than 2 characters well geared is optional. No one is forcing you to do all of that really. It is like someone complaining of spare parts of cars being super expensive because he is using 4 cars instead of one yeah? it is your fault for having more than 1 car really. You are biting more than you chew as they say.
    Completing hard content just for sake of completing hard content isn't my way of playing games. It's like sport, where it's ok to be healthy, but when you start to do it professionally and push for results, you actually hurt yourself and do it just for the sake of fame (and money, that is connected to be famous). May be I'm not ambitious, but I don't want to do things just for the sake of fame.

And for casual player the best reward - is making screenshot in covenant gear, on covenant mount and with covenant as background. What can be better? And Blizzard claim, that SL is designed around playing alts. And what I try so say - is that they're wrong. Only content, that is worth for one alt - is leveling plus just may be two weeks of renown grind to level 23. By making further progress inaccessible to alts they only shrink lifetime of SL for casual players to 2-3 months. 2-3 months passed and I already have nothing to do. At least till 9.1.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    This. This new patch only has the super-basic stuff any "big" patch in this game usually offers.
    BECAUSE WE HAVE A PANDEMIC IN THE WORLD

That is the main reason why it seems this Blizzcon is lackluster for some people (not me though). That is why patch 9.1 feels far away and not ready yet.

How hard for you fucking kids to understand really!? my god...

BECAUSE WE HAVE A PANDEMIC IN THE WORLD

That is the main reason why it seems this Blizzcon is lackluster for some people (not me though). That is why patch 9.1 feels far away and not ready yet.

How hard for you fucking kids to understand really!? my god...
    Safe your screaming and the insults for your cat, lad. Respect your elders. It is so lame using the pandemic as an excuse for everything. You know each of us is in the same pandemic situation, right?

By the way, I can't understand what's the logic in your argument. What does the pandemic has to do with the content of the patch being the one they showed? I wasn't talking about details, I was talking about content. And the content will still be the same, with the patch being more or less developed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Safe your screaming and the insults for your cat, lad. Respect your elders. It is so lame using the pandemic as an excuse for everything. You know each of us is in the same pandemic situation, right?

By the way, I can't understand what's the logic in your argument. What does the pandemic has to do with the content of the patch being the one they showed? I wasn't talking about details, I was talking about content. And the content will still be the same, with the patch being more or less developed.
    First of all I am pretty sure I am older than most of the people here.

No it is not an excuse really it is a fact. When you have people who are dear to you dying because of the pandemic and having your entire country shut down THEN you will totally understand that is it real not just an excuse.

As I said before some people lost their companies and business because of it. Even the wealthiest people and companies got affected badly because of the pandemic so no it is not just an excuse it is real.

You need to fucking stop underestimating that shit really.

is it really hard to understand my logic?

Pandemic = less people working because people are sick and dying = slow business and sometimes business just dies? is that really hard to understand?

After putting that dog shit TBC let's-share-our-nostaliga panel into before it, despite it not being part of the original schedule (or we had a collective delusion yesterday in TS), the actual what's next panel was extremely lacklustter; gotta agree there. I mean for a 30 minute time slot they wasted like 12+ on regurgitating stuff like the cinematic and the usual empty platitudes that the chief honcho already read from the telepromter in the opening ceremony. All I got from that panel is that the whole "covenants working together" thing is just more empty lip service and we continue this moronic divide and all the "nice" (the new covenant sets look like cheap cosplay stuff..) cosmetic rewards won't mean shit if I want to stay competitive in my endgame choices. /golfclap

At the end the only relevant thing will be what content goes into the maw and what the class and covenant balance changes will amount to, everything else is meh. Anduin's possession is clearly temoprary and I frankly already see the forshadowing for Sylvanas nonsense redemption story with the way she looks at both of them during the cinematic. The raid and mega dungeon (though the guy clearly doesn't know what a heist implies if they think us chasing after someone fleeing is heist themed content) will probably be the things that will have to entertain me here. :/
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-02-20 at 08:47 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

No it is not an excuse really it is a fact. When you have people who are dear to you dying because of the pandemic and having your entire country shut down THEN you will totally understand that is it real not just an excuse.

As I said before some people lost their companies and business because of it. Even the wealthiest people and companies got affected badly because of the pandemic so no it is not just an excuse it is real.

Pandemic = less people working because people are sick and dying = slow business and sometimes business just dies? is that really hard to understand?
    Well, you act like an angry kid, by screaming at a stranger who wasn't even talking to you. Also, you don't know my age but call me "f*cking" kid. Just because I was actually pointing some facts (meaning something objective) about the patch. Which, to be honest, is pretty trivial to say and point out, but well.

Secondly, learn to read. Or don't try to distort what I said. Because if you are doing the second, then you are lying, and honestly, it is so tiring how many of you here are doing that as a regular thing... point out where did I say that "the pandemic is an excuse". Because I didn't. I said that it is lame using the pandemic as an excuse for everything, which clearly means something different. And it's pretty trivial and obvious to say that the pandemic is a fact. So safe the trivialities next time, please.

You don't even know where I live, so you don't know how's the situation in the place I live, and you don't even know what my current personal situation is; you don't know if I lost anyone because of the pandemic or not, so please, shut the f*ck up and stop supposing and suggesting I don't care or don't know about the pandemic.

There was no logic here: "BECAUSE WE HAVE A PANDEMIC IN THE WORLD. That is the main reason why it seems this Blizzcon is lackluster for some people (not me though). That is why patch 9.1 feels far away and not ready yet". That, and your insults, were the answer to me saying that the content of this patch is the basic stuff we usually get in any big patches. Like, you quoting me with that answer didn't make any sense.

Don't you see you are making a lot of assumptions and correlations that you can't prove? You are using the pandemic as "an argument" to deny the fact that this patch will have no new features at all. And in case we accepted your correlation between the content of the patch and pandemic; what if Blizzard decided from the very beginning, before the pandemic, this patch would only have the content they show yesterday? Also, again, take into account that I wasn't talking in any moment about details of the patch content. Just the content.
    Last edited by Lorca; 2021-02-20 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    He defiently sounded and looked like he needed to go.

sorry sorry.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. He was as pale as a ghost and looked like he would keel over any moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They're not working as fast as normal due to the pandemic most likely.

I'm still a bit surprised there isn't more, since the game was basically done in June in beta other than the systems.

I'd expect the other teams to of had a head start, especially with the delay, but maybe more energy is going into 9.2 and 9.3 currently.
    Do you honestly think their "energy" is going into the patch after the next when they have barely anything to show for the next? That is not how development works, unless you intend to abandon the current project, which is highly unlikely since then the wouldn't have anything for the next one.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I mean, the 6 month patch cycle thing only really applies if the expansion is going to have 4 raid tiers (24 month long expansion = 4 x 6 month raid tiers). 4 raid tiers per expansion isn't a standard/normal thing - BfA and WoTLK were the only expansions that had that, and I really think part of why they did the 4 raid tiers in BfA was with how poorly the expansion was perceived/launched, they felt they needed them to make it last 2 years. If they are going back to a more normal 3 tier expansion, 8 months or so (and a patch in July-ish) would be normal.
    Completely disagree. BfA had worst rep during launch of expansion and later launch of 8.3 - mostly because corruption. But since pandemic hit, game was directed very well despite zero content and no 8.3.5. Most notable were various bonuses (most important 100% XP bonus) and reliable way to farm bis gear/corruptions/essences.

Also Legion was basically 4 tier expansion as well (EN lasted from mid September to mid January, so only few resets shorter than Uldir), wasn't poorly perceived at all.

For someone that claims to be older than most you sure are forgetting the fact that no one cares about you. Hell, I didn't even know you existed until I read this thread and even then I don't know who you are other than 'Velshin.' So why would I, or anyone, care if you magically were gone forever tomorrow? Just in case you aren't following me: people die everyday and the majority of people don't care what they die from because they were never even a thought to them.

Now quit being a bitch about the same situation everyone in the world is in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    No addressing of the anima issue, no word on sanctum building stuff. Worrying.
    What anima issue?
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Please understand this patch isn't coming out for at least 3 more months.

9.0.5 has been labelled as a "mid march" patch.

Meaning 9.1 won't be on PTR until mid-late March. PTR cycles for major patches tend to be about 8 weeks~.

Meaning 9.1 PTR cycle isn't going to finish until Mid May at the earliest.

Also there have been hints in schedules of AWC/MDI/Torghast Events that Season 2 likely isn't coming until about June~.

I would expect 9.1 late May/early June with the Season 2 weeks later.