Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Sooo.. as expected then?
    Not really. Back when I played on a private server there were people inviting you to groups without even asking and you would add players to your friendslist just for the sake of it. The current state of classic is not even close to this. It feels very similar to retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing sure, but see that as some kind of blessing...
    if there is fresh servers, you (or maybe not you but many) would feel compelled to play endlessly, either for fun, or in order to make a character "better" (doing it again but with less dishonorable kills, less missed quests, things like that)
    which is why they will probably do it though, some people just can't control themselves, it's addiction, and exploiting it pays

I believe they actually said that the characters that don't want to play TBC will be moved off to completely new vanilla servers

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    I did play at launch. Yes, you are the one writing stupid stuff. Fresh start is what most people want with Vanilla. When content ends you reset. That's how many games do it. You don't stay on the same patch forever. Are you dumb or something?

People that don't want their characters deleted by the reset from Vanilla should move on to TBC. THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE.
    So you don't just want classic servers, you want the classic phase release schedule on repeat, occurring alongside each other major release.

Nobody has been asking for this.

I knew people would still complain no matter what Blizzard did. I am impressed how well they were able to make the most people happy, but damn if I really didn't expect this level of idiocy. Hate to break it to you, but 24/7 Naxx is exactly what most of the classic purists wanted, YOU are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I believe they actually said that the characters that don't want to play TBC will be moved off to completely new vanilla servers
    Completely new, sure. Got that. The problem is there's nothing that says those new servers are Phase 1.

If you're able to copy current Classic characters, they (for example) could be there at 60 in T3. Unless NewServer is also Phase 6, what happens? They're stripped of any P6 gear? They have an insane advantage over any new Phase 1 characters? It's pretty safe to assume the new "Classic Era" servers that accept copies will be frozen in Phase 6.

Personally, I would love fresh Phase 1 level 1 servers. I'd be perfectly content with a model that said "P1server is launching on $date. We'll progress through all the phases, and after two years we will completely reset. You will have the option to copy characters off P1server to FrozenP6server before the reset."

I enjoyed BC's raid and dungeon content, but also felt there were a lot of downsides, so I'm honestly on the fence about it. I know if a fresh Phase 1 server was offered, I'd be all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Completely new, sure. Got that. The problem is there's nothing that says those new servers are Phase 1.

If you're able to copy current Classic characters, they (for example) could be there at 60 in T3. Unless NewServer is also Phase 6, what happens? They're stripped of any P6 gear? They have an insane advantage over any new Phase 1 characters? It's pretty safe to assume the new "Classic Era" servers that accept copies will be frozen in Phase 6.

Personally, I would love fresh Phase 1 level 1 servers. I'd be perfectly content with a model that said "P1server is launching on $date. We'll progress through all the phases, and after two years we will completely reset. You will have the option to copy characters off P1server to FrozenP6server before the reset."

I enjoyed BC's raid and dungeon content, but also felt there were a lot of downsides, so I'm honestly on the fence about it. I know if a fresh Phase 1 server was offered, I'd be all over it.
    What? No the game is already patched to 1.13.6 or whatever we're at. The game is at p6, it can't go backwards. You can't unpatch a game, it would break all the existing characters.

you cant expect them to do it like private servers,private servers either completly reset you,or they have 2-3 realms,one progressive always reseting,and one where your characters get transfered to

blizzard is not gonna reset you,and they wont just keep making new servers now

plus doing fresh classic with tbc coming is simply dumb

maybe further down the line when tbc is out and things settle down and classic servers pop drops they can merge servers and have new fresh ones

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    Finding dungeon groups that play the game "normally" takes up to 2 hours. Add another hour if someone leavs half way through. What where they thinking?
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but what you said right here WAS the vanilla experience. People hardly ever ran dungeons that weren't the lvl 55+ stuff that people used for pre-raid gear and some BIS trinket/weapons from non-raid encounters. And honestly, most people in vanilla didn't run the lower level dungeons unless they happened to be in that particular zone and/or had a quest specifically for that dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but what you said right here WAS the vanilla experience. People hardly ever ran dungeons that weren't the lvl 55+ stuff that people used for pre-raid gear and some BIS trinket/weapons from non-raid encounters. And honestly, most people in vanilla didn't run the lower level dungeons unless they happened to be in that particular zone and/or had a quest specifically for that dungeon.
    Yes that is true I remember on my first character I wasted hours running between zones to do dungeons but on alts I only did them when I was close or had enough quests. I guess the same happen to classic since no one was a true noob.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    I was excided when I saw they will be adding Classic Era realms. But it turns out that those will remain in Phase 6 forever.
    For anyone who tried to level a character in Classic at this time knows how bad it has become. It does feel like I'm playing retail.
    The zones are empty and player interaction is rare. The chat is essentially dead and all you see is boosting spam. Finding dungeon groups that play the game "normally" takes up to 2 hours. Add another hour if someone leavs half way through. What where they thinking?
    What server are you playing in? Sounds literally nothing like my classic experience. All zones filled. LFG channel being spammed, etc.

In time, Blizzard will almost surely release fresh Classic WoW servers, perhaps with tougher raid bosses. Id like to see no world buffs in instances too.

7+ Year Old Account
    People actually expected a server reset for Vanilla? You expected that end game wont end at Naxx, and that Classic wont be a dead end? Fkin pls!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-20 at 10:32 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It is a little odd that with the success of Diablo seasons that there hasn't been seasons for classic.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Yes that is true I remember on my first character I wasted hours running between zones to do dungeons but on alts I only did them when I was close or had enough quests. I guess the same happen to classic since no one was a true noob.
    A lot of these people who jumped on the Classic bandwagon were expecting dungeons to be like how they are in retail with people constantly running them as if they had run them constantly back in vanilla. The only dungeons I ran in vanilla on just about every character I had were RFC since it was literally in Org, WC on Horde characters because it was one of the best places for low level good gear that would last a while, DM on Alliance characters because it too was one of the best places to get good low level gear that would last a while AND you ended up with a quest to run it at the end of Westfall questing, Stockades if I happened to see someone putting a group together because it was inside SW and it wasn't that many times as the exp was shit and the gear was meh, ZF because Tanaris was a major questing hub for both factions (carrot on a stick anyone?) and ZF is in Tanaris, and SM on Horde because there was an abundance of warriors who wanted the Scarlet set and the axe. The rest of them were practically ghosttowns in vanilla outside of BRD, UBRS, LBRS, Scholo, Strat, and DM Tribute runs once released and Mara once AQ dropped specifically for the nature resist gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    It is a little odd that with the success of Diablo seasons that there hasn't been seasons for classic.
    Did you get seasons in Vanilla? Dude argues that many players don't want to play TBC (source please!) and now demands a reset. Like, honestly. They got Classic, now they are getting TBC but noooo still not good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I did play at launch. Yes, you are the one writing stupid stuff. Fresh start is what most people want with Vanilla. When content ends you reset. That's how many games do it. You don't stay on the same patch forever. Are you dumb or something?

People that don't want their characters deleted by the reset from Vanilla should move on to TBC. THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE.
    #nochanges is all I got to say.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-20 at 10:42 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Just do all the work and then f*** it all and go on to TBC which a lot of people do not want to play? No, I do not want to be stuck on 24/7 Naxxramas patch. What the hell is this shit honestly?
    down the line they might do, dont get why someone wants to do MC again

I guess I am going back to private servers if that is the case. I am not going to be playing in a broken economy server with dead beat population with barely anyone leveling a character with barely anyone landing a hand in a hard quest on your level. Barely any guilds raiding or PvP. Only a few tryhards will be left who will gank in front of key locations.

So when TBC reaches the end they will make it stay on the last patch forever as well? Can you all stop and think for a moment how ridiculously dumb that is. There needs to be a reset. The economy, items, new player influx etc. etc. etc. When Nostalrius and other big Vanilla private servers reach end game they open a new server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    down the line they might do, dont get why someone wants to do MC again
    Are you kidding me? You do know that a lot of people come from Vanilla private servers, right? They leveled multiple times to 60 and did MC multiple times and did it again in Classic and will do it again in fresh server.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess I am going back to private servers if that is the case. I am not going to be playing in a broken economy server with dead beat population with barely anyone leveling a character with barely anyone landing a hand in a hard quest on your level. Barely any guilds raiding or PvP. Only a few tryhards will be left who will gank in front of key locations.

So when TBC reaches the end they will make it stay on the last patch forever as well? Can you all stop and think for a moment how ridiculously dumb that is. There needs to be a reset. The economy, items, new player influx etc. etc. etc. When Nostalrius and other big Vanilla private servers reach end game they open a new server.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me? You do know that a lot of people come from Vanilla private servers, right? They leveled multiple times to 60 and did MC multiple times and did it again in Classic and will do it again in fresh server.
    So what you say is you didn't want Classic, you wanted a Classic+? Indeed, private servers are for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So what you say is you didn't want Classic, you wanted a Classic+? Indeed, private servers are for you.
    What the hell are you on about? Classic+ ? I want fresh servers when we've been on Naxxramas for a few months (when TBC opens). Classic+ is the idea of continuation after Naxxramas.

7+ Year Old Account
    What the hell are you on about? Classic+ ? I want fresh servers when we've been on Naxxramas for a few months (when TBC opens). Classic+ is the idea of continuation after Naxxramas.
    You didn't get these in Vanilla, you aren't getting them now. Don't want to go to TBC, like so many others? Tough titties. Blizz wont accommodate this demand atm.