Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BlizzConline 2021 Recap

BlizzConline 2021 Recap
    We learned about Shadowlands Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination, Burning Crusade Classic, Forged in the Barrens Hearthstone Expansion, Rogues coming to Diablo IV, Diablo II: Resurrected, and more!

World of Warcraft

Shadowlands Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination
    • Korthia - New section of the Maw with a new art kit, mounts, pets, and more.
    • Sanctum of Domination - New raid with Eye of the Jailer, Tarragrue, Kel'Thuzad, and Sylvanas
    • Tazavesh, the Veiled Market - New eight-boss Mythic mega-dungeon
    • Torghast - New wing, floors, enemies, powers, and art
    • Flying - Unlock flying by completing covenant activities and campaign chapters, earning your Covenant mount
    • Covenant Cosmetic Armor Sets
    • Shadowlands Season 2 - New Mythic+ Affix, Honor Talent refresh, PvP rewards, and more

Burning Crusade Classic
    • Release in 2021 with Beta soon
    • Spell batching is removed
    • Draenei and Blood Elves in pre-patch
    • Current Classic Servers become Progression Servers
    • Choose on a character by character basis to progress with the server or move the character to an Classic Era server.
    • Paid option to make a copy of your character so you can keep it in Classic and move on to Burning Crusade.
    • One paid Level 58 boost per account including a mount, dungeon blues, and limited to Classic races.

World of Warcraft Q&A Panel
    • The faction imbalance has become a social issue that will likely require a social solution and it is a top priority for the team.
    • You cannot fly directly from zone to zone in Shadowlands. You will still need to use the a flight path to enter a zone.
    • Your name will be saved for both server options in Burning Crusade Classic. If there are server connections they will likely play out like in modern WoW having names with servers appended.
    • The team wants to address faction imbalance in BC Classic with small changes such as Paladin seals being available to both factions.
    • There are no plans right now to add more race/class combinations in Shadowlands, but never say never.

Diablo II, Diablo IV, and Diablo Immortal

Diablo IV: What's Next?
    • Rogues can use Swords/Daggers, and Bows/Crossbows
    • Three Specializations - Shadow Realm, Combo Points, Exploit Weakness
    • Rogues can imbue their attacks with different elements like poison or frost
    • More classes will come in the future
    • There are optional PvP areas called Fields of Hatred

Diablo II: Resurrected Deep Dive
    • On PC & consoles with cross-play & cross-progression
    • All cinematics modernized and recreated shot for shot
    • The game will be playable in its original 2D form, like Starcraft Remastered.
    • 8-Player multiplayer

Diablo Immortal: Alpha & Beyond
    • A large variety of ways to progress your character gives players things to do each time they log in
    • The new Paragon system is less linear than in Diablo III, and allows for specialization which can be expanded upon over time
    • Controller support is the most requested thing coming out of Technical Alpha
    • The level cap of Technical Alpha was 45, but release is planned to be 60

BlizzConline Diablo Q&A
    • Resurrected is remaking all cinematics shot-for-shot.
    • For Immortal, they are focusing on the content updates. There is no intention to reset progress like in Diablo III seasons.
    • There will be controller support for D2 on PC.
    • Immortal is focused on the span on time between Diablo II and Diablo III as far as lore goes
    • The level cap of Technical Alpha was 45, but release is planned to be 60

Hearthstone
    You can see all of the new Forged in the Barrens cards that have been revealed so far here.

Hearthstone Deep Dive
    • Forged in the Barrens Expansion
    • Spells now have schools
    • Ranked spells grow with you through the game, having different effects on below 5 mana, above 5 mana and at 10 mana
    • New Keyword: Frenzy, first time your minion takes damage and survives, it triggers this effect
    • Core set - 235 cards. Buffed, revived and revolutionized cards as well as new ones. Get the Core set by leveling all your classes to level 10
    • Hearthstone Mercenaries - Tactical RPG and Roguelike type game mode. Single Player progression.

Hearthstone Q&A
    • They would love to do a Murloc Expansion, like they did Dragons. They would have to increase the range of Murloc sizes
    • Core Set is great for new and returning players, due to better quality of the set compared to Basic and Classic and the unlock requirements are low
    • Quests are something they love. They learned a lot from the previous editions. If they do it again it will be with a twist and not the same.
    • They want to do Random Hero Skin and Random Coin, like they have the Random Card back, but don't have a fixed point yet when that is coming, but it IS coming

Overwatch

Behind the Scenes of Overwatch 2
    • New Maps - Rome and New York City
    • Hero Missions - PvE Co-Op Missions
    • Progression - Level up your heroes as you play Hero missions and fill out skill trees
    • More Story
    • Updated Hero appearances

Blizzard Arcade Collection
    Blizzard announced the Blizzard Arcade Collection today, a collection of three older games.

• The Collection includes The Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing, and Blackthorne.
    • The Blizzard Arcade Collection is included as part of The Celebration Collection on PC.
    • Consoles will also be able to play the collection.
    • Players that didn't purchase the Celebration Collection can purchase the Arcade Collection for $20.
    • The games in the Blizzard Arcade Collection come in their Original Editions and also upgraded Definitive Editions, with each version featuring custom key mapping and the ability to rewind up to 10 seconds.
    • The Original Editions of The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne also include “watch mode,” which lets players watch a playthrough of the game and jump in to take control at any point.
    • The ability to save progress anywhere is also included in all versions of each game, with the exception of the Definitive Edition of Rock N Roll Racing.
    • An array of bonus materials rounds out the Blizzard Arcade Collection, including game art, development assets, unused content, lore, interviews, and more

Blizzard Gear Store
    Blizzard has put up some new BlizzConline merchandise on the Blizzard Gear Store, all with free shipping. When you purchase through our link it helps support the site. Some interesting items:

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-02-21 at 05:10 PM.

Helm of Domination Replica - Full size replica helmet meant for display purposes
    you know damn well we'll wear it, A LOT

Thank you for the recap!

Woke up this morning in high spirits. Now I am with Debbie Downer.

This is so mediocre. Nothing new or exciting.

It's almost on the level of Star Citizen.

Edit: And what's up with that new Diablo model in Diablo 2.
    Edit 2: At least they killed of Archon. Shame its not a Winter Queen. Maybe next patch...
    Last edited by SirFinlot; 2021-02-20 at 06:36 AM.

Paid option to make a copy of your character so you can keep it in Classic,.... anyone else feel bad about this, why pay to keep it there.. why can't we have that as a given, oh yes have to bleed every last $$$ out of it. Classic is dead to me, it will never be what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Paid option to make a copy of your character so you can keep it in Classic,.... anyone else feel bad about this, why pay to keep it there.. why can't we have that as a given, oh yes have to bleed every last $$$ out of it. Classic is dead to me, it will never be what it was.
    You can Keep your characters in classic vanilla for free. Just reroll for TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    You can Keep your characters in classic vanilla for free. Just reroll for TBC.
    and play threw that hell again lol or have a PAY BOOST... just a $$$ grab, just stay in retail now.

Makes you wonder what they would have done 3 months ago for the physical blizzcon if it happened

While I'm really interested in the Brokers and I look forward to seeing Tazavesh, I think that presenting the mercantile Brokers as dungeon or raid bosses is sadly uninspired.

Quote Originally Posted by AriochIV View Post
    While I'm really interested in the Brokers and I look forward to seeing Tazavesh, I think that presenting the mercantile Brokers as dungeon or raid bosses is sadly uninspired.
    It would have been nice if it was at least on the level of mechagon island with some content to do for fun that is disconnected from the rest of the drab overarching story. It just being a dungeon is .. just as you said: uninsipred.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

What? Flying in 9.1 already? Really? So I can finely buy this expansion? #NoFlyNoBuy... you know

wow....8 month wait time to get the Helm of Domination Replica....spend $300 now and get nothing until September 30th! lol.

I mean, other than the D2 remastered, there was nothing unexpected. I guess even they knew that having us pay for for a virtual ticket while having nothing to announce wouldn't have gone over very well, haha

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    What? Flying in 9.1 already? Really? So I can finely buy this expansion? #NoFlyNoBuy... you know
    If I understand correctly it is only for the Maw for now. Because you know, that's the only zone you will be spending any time in.

D2R - before you start tossing money into screen see what they've done with Warcraft 3.
    D4 - no release date = forget about this game, it's not coming
    OW2 - 2 years on development to present 2 new maps, yeah cool, see you next year with another new map

Blizzard is basically WoW and HS now, the rest of the games are abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    D2R - before you start tossing money into screen see what they've done with Warcraft 3.
    D4 - no release date = forget about this game, it's not coming
    OW2 - 2 years on development to present 2 new maps, yeah cool, see you next year with another new map

Blizzard is basically WoW and HS now, the rest of the games are abandoned.
    Well i have so much gold in WoW that i just use it to buy games for my friend's birthdays and Christmas It was his b-day just a few days ago and we're throwing a party today and i was like "Omg i just hope they announce something at Blizzcon so i can use bnet balance instead of going out to buy a present" and voila, it happened So yeah i wouldn't normally preorder stuff but since it's fake money it just doesn't really feel like a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    The team that did Warcraft 3 reforged got disbanded and this is the team that did Crash Bandicoot and Tony Hawk's Pro Scater.

And what comes to D4, did anyone realistically expect a release date?! I thought we would maybe see it late 2021 to 2022 earliest when it got announced and now with the varus, everything is probably pushed back by half a year at least. We also probably will get some kind of Blizzcon late this year too. Be it online or live.

Quote Originally Posted by Alubobz View Post
    Makes you wonder what they would have done 3 months ago for the physical blizzcon if it happened
    Very, very, VERY good question. That would have been a fiasco like 2 years ago with Immortal, I think. Even right now there is not much. All of that is the bare minimum of expectations(like the next patch for Warcraft. I mean, that had to come.). The Arcade stuff would have been a nice give away along the track...but paying for that? ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    If I understand correctly it is only for the Maw for now. Because you know, that's the only zone you will be spending any time in.
    It's the opposite imho. You will only be able to fly in the 4 covenant zones, not in the maw and not in maw2. The thing is, it's highly likely that it will be renown locked anyway, so even if he get's the expansion now, it won't do him any good for a while and even then probably only for his alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Very, very, VERY good question. That would have been a fiasco like 2 years ago with Immortal, I think. Even right now there is not much. All of that is the bare minimum of expectations(like the next patch for Warcraft. I mean, that had to come.). The Arcade stuff would have been a nice give away along the track...but paying for that? ROFL.
    If the original blizzcon would have happened, then it would most likely just been some expansion hyping. It's hard to estimate how much time they really lost to covid19 and how the game would have turned out if it weren't for it. It would have pretty much been a typical off-year Blizzcon, as they already showed SL, D4 and OW2 on the previous one and we knew that 2 of those are practically still in the concept stage.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    you know damn well we'll wear it, A LOT
    If it fits you. It's a real shame they aren't making it for wearing. Like. Why not?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If it fits you. It's a real shame they aren't making it for wearing. Like. Why not?
    Because headsizes are different and helms like those tend to start looking really bad if you just try to make them 1 size fits all. It's also no longer just sculpting at that point, you essentially engineer a product instead if just designing a sculpture. Frankly with 6" width I'm not even sure if anyone other than a toddler can wear it.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-02-20 at 01:20 PM.