Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

If the game was of epic quality, I'd struggle through 15 fps no problem. Problem here is that the game is mediocre at best. And that really is being kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

"Look i dont have cancer so i dont know what shit people are talking about, did broke my toe once so thats it, life is great, nothing "life breaking"...
    "Oh look, I did get cancer so the guy breaking his toe must have got cancer too!1!1!!"

See how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    "Oh look, I did get cancer so the guy breaking his toe must have got cancer too!1!1!!"

See how that works?
    Except, there are info from everywhere that indeed, cancer is real. So glad you dont have any. Does not make it any less real and dont invalidate multitude of reports. Stop being self centered.

Except, there are info from everywhere that indeed, simply breaking your toe is real. So sorry you got cancer instead. Does not make breaking your toe any less real and dont invalidate multitude of reports. Stop being self centered.
    There, fixed it for you and I bolded the important part.

Oh wow people finished game so it is playable. FFS...

- - - Updated - - -

"Look i dont have cancer so i dont know what shit people are talking about, did broke my toe once so thats it, life is great, nothing "life breaking"...
    Is that for you? Cause you sound like "I hurt my toe. It's horrible it's like a cancer."

Oh wow people finished game so it is playable. FFS...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's how words like "UNPLAYABLE" work. If it's playable, it's not unplayable. Use better, more fitting words and you won't be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Yes, that's how words like "UNPLAYABLE" work. If it's playable, it's not unplayable. Use better, more fitting words and you won't be corrected.
    Unplayable can be used in subjective or literal forms. You are choosing to act like only the literal form exists. Dark Souls is pretty damn polished gameplay wise with miniscule issues but it's probably unplayable for your grandma.

If a new game you bought for 60 dollars frequently drops to 15fps, has tons of visual and audio glitches that is no fault of the hardware (ie playing it on a PC below minimum specs) then I would deem it unplayable, even if you can technically finish it.

I'd liken it to go to the cinema but instead of the expected quality surround and high quality image you instead get treated to a low res cam version with mono sound. Is it watchable? technically..

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    If a new game you bought for 60 dollars frequently drops to 15fps
    Except I posted a video that showed it doesn't dip to 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFM0joet_4

So if someone has epilepsy or motion sickness issues and the constant stuttering of driving around the city as FPS constantly tanks causes them health issues. Is that not unplayable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So if someone has epilepsy or motion sickness issues and the constant stuttering of driving around the city as FPS constantly tanks causes them health issues. Is that not unplayable?
    Wtf is this reaching?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Wtf is this reaching?
    Im just thinking about my poor cousin who waited years for this game and had to refund it because driving caused him to vomit.

That seems unplayable to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    as rpg elements go cyberpunk blows witcher 3 out of the water in almost every aspect

the bad things are the bugs ofc,the cut content,the weird gameplay design choices with cops teleporting(this is not a bug) and if you prefer the setting of witcher 3

but in every other aspect,this game is a huge step up from witcher 3

witcher 3 is awsome,but people seem to have a really huge love boner for the game,but it doesnt really offer much as an rpg,dragon age inquisition has more rpg elements

ofc im not saying that makes witcher 3 a bad game,just not an amazing rpg,its very limited
    I wonder if Cyberpunk will cause people to re-evaluate exactly why they loved TW3, a bit like FO4 and especially FO76 caused some to re-evaluate why they liked Bethesda games so much. As you said, TW3 is a great game, but as an RPG it has barely more meat on it than games like Sekiro. It has absolutely fantastic production values even today, good writing across the board and quality sidequest design (for the important ones anyway), but Cyberpunk also has the last two if you ask me, and in terms of graphics and art design it also beats out TW3.

Are bugs and open world jankiness all it takes for so many to have the veneer fall off and understand that, deep down, CDPR's last 3 games have been quite shallow when all's said and done, and carried hard by story and production values? I do get that the bugs and lack of polish were especially bad on consoles and Cyberpunk has other issues obviously, but the large difference in reaction to two games that I personally find to have far more in common than not is still quite something.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Except I posted a video that showed it doesn't dip to 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFM0joet_4
    Is that video on every single copy of the game? If not, then why post it? Is pointless.

Yes, some people got flawless 4k experience (except the actual fatal lights which can trigger epilepsy attacks, but whatever, boys will be boys). I know. Good for them.

But vast majority got bugs, with 2 entire line of consoles (xbox one and ps4) being unplayable on top of that. And not some silly bugs (but those too) but just bugs which prevents you from actually finishing game.

Because of that the game is a failure. It is a turd. It doesnt matter that somebody has flawless experience. What matters is the OVERALL STATE of the game, which is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    But vast majority

Thats not a number you can back up. You can argue the older consoles which nobody reasonable is disputing that but on PC its not nearly as bad as you are painting it. Lastly the game is not a failure by any means, its just more disappointing then expected which seems normal for most AAA games according to hardcore players.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just thinking about my poor cousin who waited years for this game and had to refund it because driving caused him to vomit.

That seems unplayable to me personally.
    And people like TB had issues with motion sickness caused by FoV options make them sick. Does that mean every game with a set FoV is unplayable? Personal medical conditions have nothing to do with a game's quality.

If someone has epilepsy they probably shouldn't play this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that video on every single copy of the game? If not, then why post it? Is pointless.
    Yes? Why would they be different? You're operating on Internet outrage fabricated by the non-patched version of the game.

I just proved to you it works fine so stop spreading misinformation. Cool? Cool. Thanks.

except the actual fatal lights which can trigger epilepsy attacks
    Pretty sure they fixed those but don't let that ruin your narrative.

Because of that the game is a failure. It is a turd. It doesnt matter that somebody has flawless experience. What matters is the OVERALL STATE of the game, which is pathetic.
    That's your opinion. The game has a 78% review score on Steam, which is about the same as Fallout 4. Most people who played it liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats not a number you can back up. You can argue the older consoles which nobody reasonable is disputing that but on PC its not nearly as bad as you are painting it. Lastly the game is not a failure by any means, its just more disappointing then expected which seems normal for most AAA games according to hardcore players.
    No, you can't argue consoles either. The video I posted shows a PS4, hardware from -2012-, playing the game at 20-30 FPS and only dipping towards 20 when driving at a decently high speed in the city. Which is something you almost never have to do during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Unplayable can be used in subjective or literal forms. You are choosing to act like only the literal form exists. Dark Souls is pretty damn polished gameplay wise with miniscule issues but it's probably unplayable for your grandma.
    No, that's not how it works. Do you have a car? Does it have all its parts, gas in the tank, etc? Then it's driveable. A ten year old can get in it, turn the key, and drive it They may drive it badly, but they can drive it. If it has no gas, or all the tires are flat, then it is undriveable. It's the same thing with a game. If the game runs, then it's playable. It doesn't matter how good someone is at it. If it runs when you launch it, then it's playable. If not, then it isn't.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No, that's not how it works.
    Except that is how it works when its being used as a subjective adjective and not a literal one. Arguing semantics isn't going to make Dark Souls playable by your grandma who thinks Wii Sports is complicated enough for her. There are many factors that could make a game unplayable for people and Cyberpunk has an ass load of them, bugs so people with low patience find it unplayable, shitty framerate and graphical effects so people who get sick from that find it unplayable etc. This is not some deep philosophical understanding at play here, the game actually is unplayable to some people. Lastly even wanting to "acktually" this shit shit shows me that the art of hyperbole is lost among the youth.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-02-20 at 10:14 PM.

"People in coma living on life support can't play this game, so its unplayable, cause subjective, damn kids."