Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Anduin was clearly let go from the Maw since he's under the Jailer's control. Some of the Jailer's forces can leave, after all.
    This really starts to become problematic. The Maw is supposed to be inescapable, but it appears that literally everyone except the Jailer has the possibility to leave ?
    Now we know that Jailer has the possibility to take control of anyone outside of the Maw ?

I'm really missing a real cinematic where the Jailer will be doing something impressive on his own. Every time there is a new cinematic, you get to laugh at him as he's basically the only entity in the shadowlands to be imprisoned while everyone comes and leave at will from his prison.
    "No one escapes the Maw" will become a meme extremely fast if he doesn't do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I think we're going to pretend Anduin is "under her control" and, just like Arthas, he won't follow the Jailer's orders.

Because this has been done before, and we know Anduin isn't going to be made evil.
    The Jailer calls his body a vessel. He probably doesn't even have concious control over what it does, so Anduin's personal morality hasn't changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    This really starts to become problematic. The Maw is supposed to be inescapable, but it appears that literally everyone except the Jailer has the possibility to leave ?
    Now we know that Jailer has the possibility to take control of anyone outside of the Maw ?
    That's a total misrepresentation of the situation. It's made clear in the Necrolord campaign that Kyrians specificially have this ability, with Kel'thuzad trying to extract it. The only other known entities to be able to are the Maw Walkers, and nobody has any idea why. Anduin's body was likely brought out by the Mawsworn Kyrians, just like they retrieved Kel'thuzad at the end of the Venthyr and Necrolord campaign finale.

He also doesn't have the ability to take control of anyone outside the Maw. Anduin wasn't outside the Maw when the Jailer took control of him. He was stuck in the Jailer's personal prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    How did he kill a titan++ being with a sword jump?
    i have answer for this, he didn't

FIRST ONES are titan++ beings, archon is not one of them (as far as we know)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i have answer for this, he didn't

FIRST ONES are titan++ beings, archon is not one of them (as far as we know)
    For that matter, it's not entirely clear if she's dead, since she's still seen moving after the stabby thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Jailer calls his body a vessel. He probably doesn't even have concious control over what it does, so Anduin's personal morality hasn't changed.
    And Anduin still has power enough to struggle against the control of the Jailer.

And an update to the title, 'Shalamourne' (fan named) has officially been mentioned as, 'Kingsmourne'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And Anduin still has power enough to struggle against the control of the Jailer.

And an update to the title, 'Shalamourne' (fan named) has officially been mentioned as, 'Kingsmourne'.
    I noticed when Anduin gain control for a second he started breathing and then the Jailer gained control and stopped. Idk if I'm reading too much into but I think it's meant to show Anduin's body is dead. Anduin reflectively breathes because it's natural for him, while the Jailer stops because he knows he doesn't need to in that body.

Also, Shalamourne is a better name and personally I'll still be using it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I noticed when Anduin gain control for a second he started breathing and then the Jailer gained control and stopped.
    It gave me the chills a bit. As if Anduin's soul had managed to rise from the bottom of a lake for a moment just to be anchored down again.

Idk if I'm reading too much into but I think it's meant to show Anduin's body is dead.
    I think it is more that his soul is severed from his body.

Anduin reflectively breathes because it's natural for him, while the Jailer stops because he knows he doesn't need to in that body.
    The breathing to me just clues it up that Anduin is wrestling the chains of the Jailer to reconnect to his body.

Also, Shalamourne is a better name and personally I'll still be using it.
    I like them both, to be honest. Makes sense to call it Kingsmourne, as it is a mourneblade and the Jailer knows he's a King but I doubt he knows the name of the blade before it was reforged.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Given how they've written Anduin since MoP, I expect that seeing him fight the jailor's control is foreshadowing to him ultimately beating it back and helping us in the fight against the Jailor. Which is fine, I guess. At least it's not an Arthas copy and it also differentiates him with Bolvar.

I think it is more that his soul is severed from his body.
    He'd still need to breathe then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Given how they've written Anduin since MoP, I expect that seeing him fight the jailor's control is foreshadowing to him ultimately beating it back and helping us in the fight against the Jailor. Which is fine, I guess. At least it's not an Arthas copy and it also differentiates him with Bolvar.
    I think showing his differences to Arthas is kind of the point here. Arthas went along with everything until it was way to late. Anduin was forced against his will and still resists.

And Bolvar willingly sacrificed his freedom for what he believed a greater cause, on that note.

my guess/stretch is this: Arthas' soul was encased and used by the Jailer as the armor and kingsmourne, i mean if ner'zhul could be made into the armor by kil'jaeden then why not Arthas? would also explain the reaction Uther had when he saw Anduin, the clutching of the chest for me at least was him reacting to Arthas' precense, as far as i know Uther has only met one Anduin and that was lothar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    My questions:

How did he leave the maw (its inescapable for everyone but us)?
    How did he get to Bastion?
    How did he get to the archon?
    How did no one stop him when he was jumping like 20 feet in the air?
    How did he kill a titan++ being with a sword jump?
    How did he leave Bastion after?
    If the eternals are the keys, why didn't sire give his to the jailer like years ago (said he had one of 4 now at the end of video)?

I realize the story is just a way to create gameplay opportunities, but these are some pretty big and stupid holes....
    1: The mawsworn leave the Maw pretty consistently. The player is only special because we can leave without the Jailer's permission. Just like he sent the shadowy angel guys to capture Anduin initially, he sent Anduin to Bastion.

2: Literally magic. The Jailer has a way to send his minions to other worlds, he's used it before.

3: The same way the player got to the Archon. They thought he was with us, another escaped victim of the Maw.

4: They were dead. He nuked them seconds before jumping.

5: Shalamane one-shotted a Legion++ Fel Reaver, and that was before the Jailer upgraded it with legendary components in the Maw.

6: Probably picked up by his Mawsworn buddies.

7: Sire Denathrius probably did give him the key. Which would mean there are five. Korthia is a thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    my guess/stretch is this: Arthas' soul was encased and used by the Jailer as the armor and kingsmourne, i mean if ner'zhul could be made into the armor by kil'jaeden then why not Arthas? would also explain the reaction Uther had when he saw Anduin, the clutching of the chest for me at least was him reacting to Arthas' precense, as far as i know Uther has only met one Anduin and that was lothar.
    Why use Arthas? He's already proven himself to be unreliable. For that matter, why put any conciousness into it at all, it'd just interfere with the function.

That is probably by far the most egregious thing so far.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The breathing to me just clues it up that Anduin is wrestling the chains of the Jailer to reconnect to his body.
    I think the Jailer briefly gave him semi-control of his body, just so he can witness the action, to further break his spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manduin is obviously still "alive" based on his regain of consciousness for a moment, though i don't have hopes up he will be alive-alive ever again...

Guessing he + Bolvar will be the jailer of the damned/ "there must always be a lich king" to parody their relationship in Stormwind pre Varian's return...

Which leaves stormwind without a king and the alliance without a god king emperor...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not even that. Anduin's mother (Queen Tiffin) had blonde hair. So that's where he got it from. The whole "Anduin is Arthas' son" nonsense is literally fanfiction, and bad fanfiction at that which ignores the fact his mother was a blonde.
    Yeah, but dna wise black haired parent + blond haired parent = black haired kid, black is the dominante gene, take game of thrones as an example, cersei is blond, robert is black haired - their kid cant be blond
    --- Chrinas likes his girls like an old man likes his whisky - 12 years old, and stored in the basement. - Former member of Bring Flask or Else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Idk from the looks of thing in that cinematic they previewed today, it kinda just looked like Anduin's body is a puppet/is posessed. Like it can go from that lively form to a more.. posessed/dead like form? Idk it's hard to say.
    This. I think it's pretty clear that he's not in control of himself, and is surprised a little to snap out of it to see he just killed the arbiter. Plus, the Jailer directly refers to him as a "vessel." I doubt there's much plans for Anduin after being used up. But who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    While that is a possibility, since the power of frostmourne is pretty much just jailer/maw power he could have simply felt that as well. He just reacted because his scar ached to something about anduin and there are multiple things that fit the bill.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    I think the Jailer briefly gave him semi-control of his body, just so he can witness the action, to further break his spirit.
    Would make sense, to Anduin, it would be a torment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Oh yes. I am happy that it is not a Bolvar 2.0 or Arthas 2.0, either he is fighting it back or he's being toyed with.

10+ Year Old Account
    anduin will be a raid boss, as well as the jailer, arthas fight on our side like tirion in icc (sylvanas too) and then one of them will become the new jailer, maybe arthas