Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Flying is convenient but makes the world feel empty its already pretty empty due to sharding flying makes it worse.
    Making the world virtually worthless and nothing more than a hub to enter isolated instances makes the game feel empty more than any flying mount ever has. Not that flying doesn't hurt it any, but... the world being almost entirely worthless hurts the world most of all, and it always has. As the world has been pretty damn worthless for a really, really, really long time.

People just like their easy scapegoats and/or mad about not being able to gank people. Instancing does way more harm to an MMORPG than anything, if you value an actual world with tons of players in it, IMHO. No one ever complains about it, though. Because for some bizarre reason, they prefer it that way. But lord, it sure is anything and everything else's fault.

The fact that people want flying mounts mostly to AVOID the world should be telling to most. Most of the world is so dull and unfun to be in. At least that's how I see it.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2021-02-20 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korthia will be apart of the Maw. It's going to be inside the Maw zone.

And they already said no flying in the Maw, while also saying we are getting ground mounts back.

??? Could you stop fucking complaining about literally anything you can find? You'd make a thread complaining that the toilet water touching your balls when popping a squat is a sign the plumbing in our country needs an overhaul.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-02-20 at 12:51 PM.

It sucks for sure, but I don't feel like I was tricked. They've done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    You're not getting flying at the start, because that trivialises questing and world pvp.
    this argument is dead. has been dead, and disproved many times over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Or what?

/10chars

Oh look, another whine post, knew it had to be one of couple people. Just quit the game, get some counseling and walk the fuck away.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    What did you expect from Mr MAU Ion Hazzikoastas?
    How does this affect MAUs?

Legion launch 2016 august 30th. Flying patch, aka patch 7.2 release 2017 march 28. Time between: 211 days, or 6 months 29 days.
    If 9.1 comes out in June (mid june?), then it will be 6 months 24 days between SL launch and .1 patch.
    You will effectively spend the same amount of time walking around on the ground (without flight master whistle) like in Legion, but will get 1 major patch less within the same time. Great deal! /s

Let's see BfA, which we really shouldn't, yuck.
    BfA release 2018 august 14. Flying patch aka 8.2 2019 june 25. 316 days, or 10 months 12 days. But that's with a x.2 patch included.

All in all we get less and less content patches spread for more and more.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-20 at 01:13 PM.

They don't regret it. The devs that added flying into the game have long since left. Ion wasn't even a dev when flying was added.

Ion disagrees with a decision the previous devs made. It's not the same as regret.
    It was Ghostcrawler who first discussed regret over adding flying, or at least not restricting it to Outland, but he was talking for the team. Something people seem to ignore is the fact that GC and now Ion speak for the devs in general, WoW isn't a one-man project.

Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    I agree, its stupid system as always. Flying should be unlocked once you have explored all zones, or maybe also did loremaster...then its right away.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Why? Flying is not a neccesary thing as long as the enviroment is built around flying not being available.
    It not being there from the start is good as it forces the player to explore the world which the art team has spent countless hours making.. they need some appreciation too.

And it being useable everywhere? No thanks.. i for one quite like that some zones and areas lorewise wouldnt be fit for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post

Legion launch 2016 august 30th. Flying patch, aka patch 7.2 release 2017 march 28. Time between: 211 days, or 6 months 29 days.
    If 9.1 comes out in June (mid june?), then it will be 6 months 24 days between SL launch and .1 patch.
    You will effectively spend the same amount of time walking around on the ground (without flight master whistle) like in Legion, but will get 1 major patch less within the same time. Great deal! /s
    You're absolutely correct. This isn't an improvement. If not for the pandemic, I'd be upset over it. As it is, /shrug.

Since this is the current "flying" thread I'm just going to hijack it for some info. Flying will be account-wide and unlocked early on.

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Since this is the current "flying" thread I'm just going to hijack it for some info. Flying will be account-wide and unlocked early on.

Awesome -- that's a relief. ~8:50ish for the money shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Or what?

/10chars
    He'll keep playing no matter what.

Weirdly TBC is my favourite expansion but added two things to the game I think ruined WoW, flying and arenas.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Nope, wrong. Are you a troll or is the reason you never respond to people calling you out on your stupidity just cowardice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

The guy on the lower left says you have to complete your covenant campaign to unlock flying. The content creator I think suggests that it is the original 9.0 campaign and max renown (of 9.0), which will probably not be the case. It's at roughly 9 minutes. Remember 7.2 flying unlock that originally required Breaching the Tomb with completing the broken shore storyline with Khadgar? That type of thing (read: heavy heavy timegate, it actually can be slower than asking for reputation req like in BfA). Whenever a spokeperson says "to be determined" just insert "we know but we won't say because you won't be happy about it, and this is the time to hype stuff".
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-20 at 02:21 PM.

Joke's on them, I can play other games and ignore no-flying zones just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it was already announced flying wouldnt work in the maw.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

"I don't want to deal with anything in this game for more than 5 minutes so I have more time complaining about nothing to do ingame."