Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I see exactly 0 reasons from all the complainers as to why this is a bad thing. Anyone care to give it a shot?
    Keep in mind that each account can do this only once.
    Because you must buy it if you want to play a horde pally or alliance shaman. Do it 3 months into the server and noone will have any issue with it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

All awesome changes. The #NoChanges private server community should have never been listened to in the first place even if they smugly believe they're the only reason Blizzard made Classic. I'm still greatly concerned about the state of the economy in TBC but they're probably going to add a Classic token at some point so that'll be a positive too. (It's either that or I'm making some Chinese guy very happy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Because you must buy it if you want to play a horde pally or alliance shaman. Do it 3 months into the server and noone will have any issue with it.
    You cannot use it on Horde Paladin or Alliance Shaman.

FAQ at https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Nah try again.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    All awesome changes. The #NoChanges private server community should have never been listened to in the first place even if they smugly believe they're the only reason Blizzard made Classic. I'm still greatly concerned about the state of the economy in TBC but they're probably going to add a Classic token at some point so that'll be a positive too. (It's either that or I'm making some Chinese guy very happy.)
    I couldn't agree more. As someone still playing Classic since release, I can say that people really need to be more concerned about the economy going into TBC and please for the love of god I hope they don't listen to the diehard #NoChanges community's feedback on any future changes.

If Blizzard was a good company...the first (and only) boost could be free.

But essentially they want this boost to be the equivalent to buying an expansion.

Im sure they will make MILLIONS with this.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post

But essentially they want this boost to be the equivalent to buying an expansion.

Did you even pay attention to what was said?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Did you even pay attention to what was said?
    I just finished re-watching the stream...did i hear it wrong? She said "paid boost".
    The lady with blonde hair

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post

...I mean, are we going to pretend that Blizzard ever does anything implicitly "for the community"? They make a product that's worth consuming (imo) so I consume it. I guess that makes me a "Blizzard simp" or whatever the fuck but I don't particularly see the problem with a company making a product that I consider worth the price of admission.

There are free alternatives if you wish to seek them out.

I've not read all the things about this yet, but from what I understand if you make a 58 you are on a realm that does not have people transferring from Vanilla? That is the only way I'd play it because that fucked up classic is such a disaster with the economy I want nothing to do with it because I enjoy the AH and I could never do that if I have to compete against people starting TBC with 10k+ gold.

And yes #NoChanges should have never been listened to, instead of improving on things we got the joke that was classic that had content being zipped through in 30 minutes and people getting bored quickly and crying for TBC right away.

...I mean, are we going to pretend that Blizzard ever does anything implicitly "for the community"? They make a product that's worth consuming (imo) so I consume it. I guess that makes me a "Blizzard simp" or whatever the fuck but I don't particularly see the problem with a company making a product that I consider worth the price of admission.

There are free alternatives if you wish to seek them out.
    It all depends on the price :S imo

If the first and only boost is like...10 bucks? I will applaud Blizzard standing up
    50 bucks? I will...well...lets just say i dont have many rich friends willing to do that in a heartbeat

Honestly I think everyone should just start at level 58 for the expansion.
    If someone rolls on the TBC servers, it's because they want to play the TBC content. Why not let them without slugging them for $60?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I see exactly 0 reasons from all the complainers as to why this is a bad thing. Anyone care to give it a shot?
    Keep in mind that each account can do this only once.
    I think a common concern is the economy, which will be fucked up with or without boosts. I mean the armada of transferred alts and all the accumulated gold over the span of classic is already such a turnoff for many.

Personally I would welcome completely fresh TBC servers, can be few (like one or two), with either one free boost or a paid one - as long as the gold and general bloat is wiped. I would also be fine with a complete fresh start akin to Private Realm resets.

At least as it stands I have zero interest to join one of the established bloated corpse-realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    They just had to ruin it. The retail cancer does had to influence classic.

Blizzard is truly gone forever.
    Are you mentally present enough to know that Blizzard never intended for the things these changes are intended to solve? The Blizzard you dream of never existed at all.

I am 100% for this. I had ZERO interest in playing vanilla again, but would love to go back to TBC. The thought of having to level from level 1 would discourage me though.

the only thing blizzard is trying to solve is their failing bottom line. stop lying to yourself man.
    The Blizzard you have wet dreams about never existed. Stop lying to yourself man. This is what the company always was.

if you're too young to have played earlier blizzard games, then i can understand your ignorance.
    I agree blizzard isn’t really ‘blizzard’ anymore when it comes to a lot of things. But honestly I don’t see how this change is indicative of this difference.

Classic tbc for a lot of people starts at level 58. For the people who want to relive this experience again might really just want to pass on the 1-58 route because they already know what it entails and probably skipped it when classic was released because of it.

This change literally has 0 impact on you as a player who doesn’t wish to participate in it. Now if they did something like the wow token or something I would completely understand your gripe. But not with a level 58 template

if you're too young to have played earlier blizzard games, then i can understand your ignorance.
    I'm not. If you think there's a game dev company in existence that isn't out to maximize profits then you're a dumbass. If you think Blizzard was ever that company you're delusional. The maximizing of profits just changes form depending on the size of your audience and the time period.

Some people act like Blizzard used to give out their games for free or something...

Pay for the boost if you can and are willing. Level up during your precious Vanilla content the old way if that’s important to you.

Either way, Vanilla content will die out when the majority is leveled up and playing in BC.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If people are interested in TBCC they absolutely have to level through vanilla. It is mandatory. This change ruins TBCC. It makes the game absolute garbage. The tourists ruined Classic. We don't need them back again.
    Can you tell me what realm you are playing if you are in EU? Just in case I won't accidentally roll on the same as you.