Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dual spec for TBC

We all know that classic brought serious problems in order to find tanks. Dual spec appeared in 3.1, but IMO it could be good for a healthy game leading it to TBC. What's your opinion?

(I would like to post a poll, but i can't)

15+ Year Old Account
    It would not hurt, but I could farm just fine on my prot warrior. The dps wasn't so bad if you knew how to play (dps gear, slow 1handers).
    Not sure about other tanks or healers, how viable are they solo.
    Dual spec would make raid compositions much more flexible and more efficient so it would be a fairly big change to the game. I doubt they will do it.
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-02-20 at 10:58 AM.

I'm not against it but it should be a little irritating to use. I.E you need to go to the class trainer to do it. The other option is a PvP only second spec that activates in BGs and arena.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

#NoChAnGeSlOl

I would be behind this 100%, purely for meaning that I can have a PvE and a PvP spec. If there is one QoL change they should do, for me this is the one (with second being the guild bank).

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm really upset they didn't announce double spec yet they did announce Seal of Blood for Alliance Paladins. Come on guys, listen to your playerbase, 70%+ demands dual spec for greater longevity of the game and being able to PvP and PvE on the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by TribLeL View Post
    We all know that classic brought serious problems in order to find tanks. Dual spec appeared in 3.1, but IMO it could be good for a healthy game leading it to TBC. What's your opinion?

Yeah think its a good idea. Would only improve the game.

I dont think giving people double spec falls under the type of change that the new devs are okay with. We are getting changes that fix unintended consequences or bugs. And the new devs will pick and chose which tbc patch to pick from for each boss (and potentially other mechanics).

Its pretty clear that the original devs did not intend dual spec to exist in tbc, there is no bug that prevented dual spec and there is no patch in tbc that had dual spec.
    So there is not going to be dual spec in classic tbc.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

didn't everyone have 100k gold (according to "reset gold plz" threads) and there is hyperomegainflation so 50g respec won't matter right?

ill take dual spec.
    #changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    #NoChAnGeSlOl
    no changes group can go burn in hell...fire peninsula
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I wouldn't mind dual spec. It would actually settle me on playing Pala since I could heal in dungeons/raids and still do daily quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be all for it. The worst part of being a PvPer and Raider in TBC was the stupid amount of Gold I had to waste weekly just wanting to jump between 2 activities.

Dual Talent Specialization wouldn't hurt me.

#Somechanges #Newchanges #Healthychanges

Yes and no, respec cost is literally not an issue. If tanks are in such high demand then tanks can EASILY ask to hard reserve specific materials or resources that drops in the 5mans, hell tanks can even ask to get paid.
    If you're tanking for your friends or guild you could ask them to help you cover the cost of respec if you're helping them.

The only reason to have dual spec is to make things easier or more conveniant for people, but the downside to that is that you lose a lot of class identity.
    There are already addons that save your UI between different specs or builds that you go for, maybe you could get this "saved spec build" from your class trainer which then also saves your UI ...but that's it. You shouldn't be able to swap from one spec to another wherever, wherever and without a cost.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Yes they should add them maybe make it so you have to be in rested area. #nochange fanatics ruined vanilla imo don't let them ruin TBC to.
    I intent to play as affliction lock so it won't matter much for me but for healers, tanks and pvpers much simpler for them and others who are waiting for groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I wouldn't mind dual spec. It would actually settle me on playing Pala since I could heal in dungeons/raids and still do daily quests.
    Not that this has got anything to do with this debate, but Holy Paladins are perfectly capable of doing daily quests even in full healer spec.

Please, please, plz give us dual specc.
    Wanna play a healer but without dual specc i will go dps.
    Also i want to pvp and pve and even low guilds want you to play bis speccs^^
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Yes they should add them maybe make it so you have to be in rested area. #nochange fanatics ruined vanilla imo don't let them ruin TBC to.
    I intent to play as affliction lock so it won't matter much for me but for healers, tanks and pvpers much simpler for them and others who are waiting for groups.
    You should have to visit your class trainer every time and the gold cost shouldn't be removed, maybe the cap cost should be 25g or 50g but it shouldn't be a free swap. If you can't fund this then maybe evaluate what you spend your time on, it takes less than 20 minutes to farm 50g in TBC and respeccing is only really needed for PvP and if you're offspec tank for 5mans- for tanks you can hard reserve drops or ask gold for your tanking services.

Quote Originally Posted by TribLeL View Post

Now that all the tanks have a taunt except for shaman which can still tank pretty amazingly in burning crusade if you know what you're doing. all the taking specs if they have tanking gear do just fine for dungeons works as well as long as you mind the mobs that need to be cc'd.