TBC PVE meta

Ask away.
    /10

What PvE meta are you thinking of?
    Speed runs?
    Min max for Warlocks?
    Best allround setup?
    Best utility?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Is this some sort of AMA?
    Ok, where do prot paladins fit in TBC? I think I want to play one.

#Drumsmetaalltheway.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    They're great 5man tanks and wonderful for trash pulls in raid. Not too good as main tanks though; warriors and bears are still better for that.

Yeah he tried to start an ama yesterday claiming he was some sort of rank one or another p server player but people saw through the obvious flex, he must be trying it again.

Best tank in karazhan and dungeons. They're actually good and useable in other raids (unlike vanilla), but they're still behind warriors and bears as these have just better cooldowns.

Something along this line will most likely be ideal in 25Ms
    https://imgur.com/a/C5NwcN9

Solid AoE tanks as threat management is still very much a thing. ZA runs are a lot smoother with a prot pally in my experience back then. On raid boss tanking, warrior still prevails as MT but knowing how current classic was crushed, I'm certain we'll be seeing MT prot pallies succeeding in the role.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

this "meta slave" mentality is what's ruining the game imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely playable. Arguably the best tanks in 5men dungeons, extremely good in Karazhan, and practically mandatory for Mount Hyjal. They are a bitch to gear for Illidan in BT tho. You need 100% hit table coverage on Shear if you want to main tank it, which is literally impossible for druids, hard but still doable for paladins, and easy af for warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emziek View Post
    Almost, few changes.
    - Affliction Warlock is a must have.
    - Arms Warrior and Prot Warrior should be split up so both physical dps groups has Battle Shout without having to swap around the Warriors in combat.
    - 6 healers is more than you need for most encounters, better to go with 5 healers and then have one of your Enh Shamans have Restoration ready and availabe as offspec- or simply have another Resto Shaman on the bench. In place of a 6th healer you go for a 4th BM Hunter, a 2nd Mage or a Rogue (if you want to carry one until they get Glavies).
    - Minor thing. Resto Druids and healing Priests are interchangable but I think having two healing Priests is better, because that opens up room for one healing Priest to go Improved Divine Spirit which will give all the healers and a few dps'ers a nice chunk of extra healing and spelldamge. Healing Priests can also do a lot more damage when/if needed due to interaction(s) with Paladins.

I'd suggest one of the below, do keep in mind that early on Warrior Tanks are the best tanks (by far) because they have a lot of defensive cooldowns.

Guaranteed raidspot from day 1 to at least black temple. Sunwell might be problematic due to TPS output.
    Great for solo farm things like Strat/Scholo - big coin with no competition.
    Overall S tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Almost, few changes.
    - Affliction Warlock is a must have.
    - Arms Warrior and Prot Warrior should be split up so both physical dps groups has Battle Shout without having to swap around the Warriors in combat.
    - 6 healers is more than you need for most encounters, better to go with 5 healers and then have one of your Enh Shamans have Restoration ready and availabe as offspec- or simply have another Resto Shaman on the bench. In place of a 6th healer you go for a 4th BM Hunter, a 2nd Mage or a Rogue (if you want to carry one until they get Glavies).
    - Minor thing. Resto Druids and healing Priests are interchangable but I think having two healing Priests is better, because that opens up room for one healing Priest to go Improved Divine Spirit which will give all the healers and a few dps'ers a nice chunk of extra healing and spelldamge. Healing Priests can also do a lot more damage when/if needed due to interaction(s) with Paladins.

I'd suggest one of the below, do keep in mind that early on Warrior Tanks are the best tanks (by far) because they have a lot of defensive cooldowns.

Above comps look like they were made for some buffed content in mind.
    In TBC classic hunters will be suboptimal because boss kills are going to make up a small percentage of time spent in the instance.
    For a non-speedrun guild you can easily drop down to 2 locks for COE and COR, then replace the rest with arcane mages with big burst - bosses will die in a matter of minutes and mana management will not be a big thing in classic TBC.

Roll warlock, get support (SP, affli), spam SB (literally 1 spell), get top 1 DPS.

Warlocks will not be top DPS on vast majority of bosses due to very short fight lengths.
    They will lose boss DPS to classes with CDs, like arcane mages and hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Guaranteed raidspot from day 1 to at least black temple. Sunwell might be problematic due to TPS output.
    Great for solo farm things like Strat/Scholo - big coin with no competition.
    Overall S tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Above comps look like they were made for some buffed content in mind.
    In TBC classic hunters will be suboptimal because boss kills are going to make up a small percentage of time spent in the instance.
    For a non-speedrun guild you can easily drop down to 2 locks for COE and COR, then replace the rest with arcane mages with big burst - bosses will die in a matter of minutes and mana management will not be a big thing in classic TBC.
    These are made with a balanced and diverse raid in mind, I'm a fan of the top right one myself. Maybe changing one of the BM Hunters for a Combat Rogue, but not at the start of TBC.
    You can go any number of "speed run" comps with stacking Arcane Mages in groups with Shadow Priests, Ele Shaman and Balance Druid. But that's not the point or goal of the suggested comps I posted.

15+ Year Old Account
    BC is anti-melee. Roll ranged if you don't already have a raidspot. That's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Roll warlock, get support (SP, affli), spam SB (literally 1 spell), get top 1 DPS.
    Not until 4p T6

Spell Power Mutilate Rogues till T5
    Rogues with Glaives
    Destro Sac Warlocks
    Arcane Mages
    1 Button Macro Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emziek View Post