Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

No more race customizations for the foreseeable future

From the Wowhead interview with Jeremy Feasel:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033/...i-rewards-mega

Any plans for more Customizations?
    Jeremy Feasel said:
    Nothing in the short term but we're always looking for ideas from players, so please continue to submit your ideas for things that you'd like to see.
    The way the answer is phrased here makes it sound like they don't even have anything in the pipeline. I was honestly expecting them to give us something in 9.1 (especially after waiting such an unusually long time for any news) for the most neglected races that barely have any options to speak of such as nightborne, vulpera and lightforged, as there is now a huge disparity when compared to the races that got updated in 9.0

Blizzard's overall attitude towards character customization has always been really puzzling to me since the industry very well knows how overwhelmingly popular this is in online games and is a relatively easy way to please players, yet Blizzard has historically been lagging far behind the competition with a seemingly very ambivalent attitude towards it.

I was going to say they've done more than enough already in that department for me, but then I remembered Trolls still don't have beards & died a little inside

7+ Year Old Account
    Are those guys even trying to pretend they aren't lying? forums is full of this shit about new customizations and they say they don't have nothing?

The customizations were supposed to be the big sell point from Shadowlands since we were not getting a new class or new races and they are, once again, half assenting this shit

I can't believe there is no option for dragonmaw or blackrock skin for orcs, neither true grimtotem colors for taurens and beards for trolls, but they bend over for the elf shitshow

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Just like they screwed over a few races that never got their heritage armor.

As long as we get Kyrian, Venthyr, Gladiator and Sylvar allied races at the end of this expansion it's all good.

The original 4 Legion Allied Races (especially Nightborne) could use some love and attention but nobody who really cares plays those races in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Just like they screwed over a few races that never got their heritage armor.
    Warfront Armor is better than Heritage Armor. Humans, Orcs, Undead, Night Elves got 4 sets instead of just 1. Including an entire lineup of Race-themed Weapons. Heritage Weapons were supposed to be a thing but never happened.

You should be saying everyone else got screwed out of Warfront sets.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-02-20 at 02:45 PM.

bIg FeAtUre of ThE ExPaNsIoN!

I get that newly hired devs need to be trained, but it had better start showing that they added people to the team soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Yea, no Heritage armor for Pandas, Trolls/Night Elves, Human/Orcs, and Forsaken/Draenei.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't really expecting anything for the original core races but I was expecting some additions to the Allied Races. More hairstyles, skin colours, fur patterns, scars, tattoos would be really nice in general. Also from a personal perspective I'd love to see lots of work Nightborne including a Withered facial option and some normal hairstyles for Void Elves so they don't look receding/tentacled.

Kinda sad not to see that being added when I personally don't feel that adding a few each patch would be a stretch.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    The development team is just sad at this point

They have hundreds of threads on multiple forums asking for more customization and they say "na"
    And they even said that the new system allowed them to have more and faster customization options developed. Lmao

I wasnt expecting anything for 9.0.5

But 9.1 is... What. Four months away?
    Come on, you can at least give more colors by modifying a texture
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah, it saddens me looking at the Nightborne/Highmountain limited cutomization options. Mainland and Highmountains should share most of their options and NB/NE should share hairstyles at least

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, no Heritage armor for Pandas, Trolls/Night Elves, Human/Orcs, and Forsaken/Draenei.
    Nelves, Humans, Orcs and Forsaken kinda got something with the WF sets. I'd say Blizz canned the Troll/Draenei sets along with the potential 3rd WF due the backlash for the first two.

Probably a good thing. Last time they "updated customizations" my character lost his face.

They want as many people as possible to pay for a race change back to the original races before they start doing customizations for allied races, that way people will pay for a race change again when the allied race customizations come out

Pretty disappointing. Lame and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    From the Wowhead interview with Jeremy Feasel:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033/...i-rewards-mega

The way the answer is phrased here makes it sound like they don't even have anything in the pipeline. I was honestly expecting them to give us something in 9.1 (especially after waiting such an unusually long time for any news) for the most neglected races that barely have any options to speak of such as nightborne, vulpera and lightforged, as there is now a huge disparity when compared to the races that got updated in 9.0

Blizzard's overall attitude towards character customization has always been really puzzling to me since the industry very well knows how overwhelmingly popular this is in online games and is a relatively easy way to please players, yet Blizzard has historically been lagging far behind the competition with a seemingly very ambivalent attitude towards it.
    Shadowlands had the biggest increase in player customization - by huge margins -, in a long time. They can take a break from that now, and add more stuff further down the line. In like 2-3 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The development team is just sad at this point

They have hundreds of threads on multiple forums asking for more customization and they say "na"
    And they even said that the new system allowed them to have more and faster customization options developed. Lmao

I wasnt expecting anything for 9.0.5

But 9.1 is... What. Four months away?
    Come on, you can at least give more colors by modifying a texture
    What makes you think they even see or read those threads tho?

I always thought the WoW forums were just screaming into the void

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    What makes you think they even see or read those threads tho?

I always thought the WoW forums were just screaming into the void
    That's exactly right. The devs NEVER read the official forums or really anything the fans use (except those Q&A sessions where the questions are fully screened). They're fully protected in a bubble against any negativity. They think the BfA story was a terrific success. It's just useless to post on the forums hoping they'll see it(here too). Though they do seem to listen to twitter, though.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The original 4 Legion Allied Races (especially Nightborne) could use some love and attention but nobody who really cares plays those races in the first place.
    No one cares about them because a lot of people didn't understand why they haven't been customization options instead. There may have been some interest in nightborne if they had given us the actual nightborne models though.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2021-02-20 at 04:41 PM.

Dev teams gonna be stubborn no matter what, even if its popular or unpopular decisions, People really wanted high elves and they just outright plopped down void elf, one of the more half baked allied race ideas, and there was a lot of feedback on how bad the Highborne was but they never even bothered to listen to said ptr feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well crap. Was hoping for some allied race love. 9.1 is feeling like the patch I skip. Other than maybe that hand mount, I'm not terribly interested in Torghast-except-its-a-raid or the mega dungeon.

I find it funny that allied races besides Maghar and Zandalari (and maybe Kul Tirans) are worse than their "basic" counterparts after Shadowlands. It's nice that my Nightborne has five faces and three skin colors and just looks hideous af because of the lack of options.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again