10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    In 15 years, only poor people will drive IC cars.

In 30 years, only rich people will drive IC cars.
    Good point!

*Reminder to self* in 15 years convert the Subaru BRAT to bio-diesel or alcohol.

*Reminder to self* stop putting off distillers license.

*Reminder to self* this Applejack wont drink itself.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    So where talking about some fascist loving shitter and a random nobody? Is this also where we pretend Biden is also anything close to left-wing? He won, you can stop pretending he will actually do anything about US foreign policy or its shitty immigration policies.
    No, this is where you were supposed to list a ton of policy against the left that Tanden supports. WTF?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    In 15 years, only poor people will drive IC cars.

In 30 years, only rich people will drive IC cars.
    More likely in 30 years only rich people will drive cars, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Failing to see how this is a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Orwellian.
    Have to keep people in their place. Easier to control.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I mean, in 30 years cars should be driving themselves.
    If only the rich can afford to travel by any means then that wouldn't be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I didn’t see anyone say that. I saw that only the rich will be able to afford to DRIVE a car. If the car drives itself then you still travel, you just don’t have manual control.
    Who cares if it drives itself when only the rich are traveling? No one else can move around...this is okay with you?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    okay, so we're now just barely shy of a month in and we've got:

-100k americans without jobs(but that's okay, they were sacrificed to make oil more expensive and even less environmentally friendly to transport, and even more prone to transport failures)

-power grid sold off to china(Still waiting on how selling us up the river to a hostile foreign power is a good thing from you people)

-Vast majority of approved aid going overseas(love to see those missiles labeled gender studies.) when americans are struggling.

-massive storm in texas(any disaster that occurs is always the president's fault, unless it's a democrat's ass in the chair for some reason.)

-insulin prices spiked UP(for three months until biden can claim credit and his little cultists WILL bleat that lie out until they think the masses believe them)
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I feel sorry for people like you. You could also list good things, but nope. Nothing but whinge.
    It's what your side did for four solid years. Turnabout is fair play.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Who cares if it drives itself when only the rich are traveling? No one else can move around...this is okay with you?
    Not what was said.
    "Drive" was specific.
    If 95% of cars in LA are self-driving, even those privately owned, and driving them yourself ups your insurance premiums by 1000%, people will travel. They just won't drive.
    - Lars

BREAKING: The White House says President Joe Biden has declared a major disaster in Texas, asking federal agencies to identify additional resources to address the suffering there. https://t.co/M8netBO6kQ
    https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/stat...825224192?s=19

Wait? Texas is a red state, are you not suppose to ignore them? Shouldn't Biden tell the it's their fault for not being prepared.

Our last great President would have done this if it was a blue state.

Anyways its the basic of what the federal government does in cases of emergency.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post

-100k americans without jobs(but that's okay, they were sacrificed to make oil more expensive and even less environmentally friendly to transport, and even more prone to transport failures)
    Good, now we can invest in create just in renewable energy. Great move from Biden

-power grid sold off to china(Still waiting on how selling us up the river to a hostile foreign power is a good thing from you people)
    What?

-Vast majority of approved aid going overseas(love to see those missiles labeled gender studies.) when americans are struggling.
    Actual literal what?

-massive storm in texas(any disaster that occurs is always the president's fault, unless it's a democrat's ass in the chair for some reason.)
    Wow, if only we had been warning of climate change for decades and the need to weatherize infrastructure everywhere.

Good thing Biden is doing everything he can to help the affected states. Well, almost, he hasn't thrown any paper towels at anyone yet.

-insulin prices spiked UP(for three months until biden can claim credit and his little cultists WILL bleat that lie out until they think the masses believe them)

Thanks Trump and the GOP for deregulating prices as much as they could.

Do you have any more pathetic and nonsensical whinging or are you done for now, and have to wait for whatever bottom of the dumpster rag you get your talking points from to come up with more BS?

You mean the pipeline that spilled 20+ times, cost millions in damage, ran through protected land, and wasn't needed?

Source?

Well this is just stupid.

Yes, that happened due to them looking into it and postponing it, but tell me why did those companies spike the price? They could have left it cheap, they still would have been making money.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Almost every one of these posts can be summarized "mostly nonsense that has been exaggerated by infinite cycles in the Fox News propaganda feedback loop."

Trump's America lost 140k jobs in December. Biden's gained 50k, despite the crying - mostly exaggerated lies - about pipeline job loss.

The next four years are going to be a hilarious return to tan suit scandals, as we all can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    -massive storm in texas
    Not even 20 minutes later:

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    "The White House says President Joe Biden has declared a major disaster in Texas"
    Sorry, you were saying? Something about blaming Biden for Texas' unpreparedness and intentionally getting off the federal grid? That sounds disingenuous to me.

By the way, about the "China bought the power grid" bit? That is objectively false.

1) Trump didn't sign an EO blocking China (and he didn't even say "China") until May 2020. Therefore, being angry at Biden for one month means you should be angry at Trump for 40. Which you didn't do. That's disingenuous.

2) Biden didn't even remove that EO. He suspended it for 90 days for review.

3) You didn't name a single piece of the power grid sold to China. I don't think you can name one. You're welcome to try, but um, good luck. You'd have to find a power of the power grid sold between now and when Biden suspended the EO, which is less than a month of time, by China.

kasuke06 posted something that was objectively false. Fellow reasonable posters: you know you need to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not even 20 minutes later:

Sorry, you were saying? Something about blaming Biden for Texas' unpreparedness and intentionally getting off the federal grid? That sounds disingenuous to me.

By the way, about the "China bought the power grid" bit? That is objectively false.

1) Trump didn't sign an EO blocking China (and he didn't even say "China") until May 2020. Therefore, being angry at Biden for one month means you should be angry at Trump for 40. Which you didn't do. That's disingenuous.

2) Biden didn't even remove that EO. He suspended it for 90 days for review.

3) You didn't name a single piece of the power grid sold to China. I don't think you can name one. You're welcome to try, but um, good luck. You'd have to find a power of the power grid sold between now and when Biden suspended the EO, which is less than a month of time, by China.

kasuke06 posted something that was objectively false. Fellow reasonable posters: you know you need to do.
    The irony being that China would probably do a better job of running the electrical grid than bodies like ERCOT or PG&E, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The irony being that China would probably do a better job of running the electrical grid than bodies like ERCOT or PG&E, lol.
    For the record, I get the idea of blocking foreign influence in infrastructure. Whether I'm for or against it would depend on the details. Hence the 90 day review. Biden might keep part of it, we don't know.

By contrast, claiming that the power grid was sold off to China in the last month is objectively false. And we all know what happens to objectively false posts here. You know what to do.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Lol, never voted for a Republican, but hey, you keep trying. I am honored to have such eager reply guys.
    So you "say" but you don't seem to care about these issues when they are in power. Whats that called?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Failing to see how this is a bad thing.
    Come live where I do without a car. Then you would see how it's bad.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So you "say" but you don't seem to care about these issues when they are in power. Whats that called?

- - - Updated - - -

Come live where I do without a car. Then you would see how it's bad.
    Maybe it would force transit expansion

It's what your side did for four solid years. Turnabout is fair play.
    And not one complaint from you from all the shit accomplished. O wait...you actually thought that "insurrection" was a good thing...