Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Because headsizes are different and helms like those tend to start looking really bad if you just try to make them 1 size fits all. It's also no longer just sculpting at that point, you essentially engineer a product instead if just designing a sculpture. Frankly with 6" width I'm not even sure if anyone other than a toddler can wear it.
    A 6” width doesn’t seem very full sized.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    A 6” width doesn’t seem very full sized.
    Yeah, the full size thing seems to me rather questionable, especially given the laughably disproportionate sizes of warcraft humans. Even if it was the inside measurements (incredibly unlikely) then I still wouldn't call that full sized.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

its pretty funny, the biggest social media hits are about Diablo 2 Remastered and TBC Classic.

good news is they seem to be handling them very cautiously and with due respect. i won't pre-order D2-RM until its released and we confirm we don't have another WC3 fiasco, but it looks like they're doing it 'right' this time.

TBC with #minorchanges seem to be all well thought out and justified. The most egregious might be the l58 character boost, which i really don't mind if it means more active players -- a number of people couldn't stomach the pace of Classic but desperately want to relive TBC.

I enjoyed the day one, Overwatch 2 news was really the highlight of the night for me. Also, the shit that really got my feels is when she got stabbed in a heart. So fucking sad, I really admired her, some rebirth would be nice.

IF the jailer is so powerful that a "vessel" can directly EMP all the Paragons and randomly kill the Archon why isn't he carpetbombing all 4 zones and deliver us from the incredible SHITTY writing those morons at Blizzard are forcefeeding us.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I enjoyed the day one, Overwatch 2 news was really the highlight of the night for me. Also, the shit that really got my feels is when she got stabbed in a heart. So fucking sad, I really admired her, some rebirth would be nice.
    Do you mean the SL Bastion thing? Because I personally thought she is one of the worst charaters of the 4 (despite it being my favorite covenant), including the guy that is literally absent. She is way too aloof and didn't interact at all with the player outside of us saving her useless hide and showing up to bless the pedestal at the very end of the quest chain. The winterqueen at least engages in some tough calls to preserve her realm, Denathrius at least had his swagger, while the Primus has his mystery and cunning legacy. She on the other hand is just there ignoring things until it's too late, demanding alot without showing much herself.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The team that did Warcraft 3 reforged got disbanded and this is the team that did Crash Bandicoot and Tony Hawk's Pro Scater.
    None of this hints that D2R will not repeat the fate of W3R.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Do you mean the SL Bastion thing? Because I personally thought she is one of the worst charaters of the 4 (despite it being my favorite covenant), including the guy that is literally absent. She is way too aloof and didn't interact at all with the player outside of us saving her useless hide and showing up to bless the pedestal at the very end of the quest chain. The winterqueen at least engages in some tough calls to preserve her realm, Denathrius at least had his swagger, while the Primus has his mystery and cunning legacy. She on the other hand is just there ignoring things until it's too late, demanding alot without showing much herself.
    I haven't played for couple of months, so I didn't followed any covenant story, nor what's going on in Shadowlands in general. I suppose here might be some drama lurking that I'm completely not aware of, I just have to see it for myself.

However, the little time I knew her, I felt that she really had a strength that kept me calm. I felt at peace in heavens, now she's gone, and something has changed too. There we go, that's me.

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Very, very, VERY good question. That would have been a fiasco like 2 years ago with Immortal, I think. Even right now there is not much. All of that is the bare minimum of expectations(like the next patch for Warcraft. I mean, that had to come.). The Arcade stuff would have been a nice give away along the track...but paying for that? ROFL.
    I agree i loved rock and roll racing, used to play it non stop with friends... but not paying for it today. Watching the trailer for TBC made me realise what an actual expansion contained back in the day

- New Race
    - 2 new starting zones (x2 as they doubled up)
    - 2 new capital cities
    - "Techinically" new class
    - 7 new zones + dungeons
    - New BG
    - New Raids
    - New features
    ------- Introduction of 10 man raiding and 25 man raiding from 40
    ------- Heroic Dungeons
    ------- Flying introduced
    ------- New Profession - Jewel Crafting
    ------- PVP Arena
    ------- Daily quests (*3.1)

What did we get with Shadowlands

-5 new zones and dungeons
    -some cosmetic stuff
    -New Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    If you want to be that pedantic, then none of that hints that D2R will repeat the fate of W3R. I mean, it's an entire new team. That's like saying you expect your favorite football team to perform the exact same after the coach has fired each and every one of the players in the entire team and replaced them with fresh new players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alubobz View Post
    What did we get with Shadowlands

-5 new zones and dungeons
    Six. Remember the new starting zone?

-some cosmetic stuff
    "Some"? Way to be dishonest. A ton of cosmetic stuff has been added, on top of brand new different back piece transmogs.

Not to mention:
    • We got a grand total of 48 new abilities with the covenants, almost an entire class' worth of abilities.
    • Four separate endgame storylines to follow.
    • New race/class combinations in the form of allied races being able to select 'death knight' as their class, or, in your words: "technically a new class".

Also: "no new features"? What do you think Torghast is?

None of it hints that D2R will repeat the fate of W3R.

From what I've seen it won't. They won't make classic version unplayable, they'll have the same engine, has quality of life features you can turn off. Duping and botting is likely a lot harder. All I've seen are good things about it, granted will have to get time on it and play it to find out.

I've watched the Diablo II: Resurrected Deep Dive twice and I want to clarify that there was nothing on whether or not there will be cross-play. There will be cross-progression (at least it's planned), meaning if you create a character on PC, you will be able to play it on console as well. This does not mean console players will be able to place with PC players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp the only good thing we can take away from this is that they didn't announce more mobile junk and repeat the Immortal fiasco. Oh and TBC classic I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you want to be that pedantic, then none of that hints that D2R will repeat the fate of W3R. I mean, it's an entire new team. That's like saying you expect your favorite football team to perform the exact same after the coach has fired each and every one of the players in the entire team and replaced them with fresh new players.

- - - Updated - - -

Six. Remember the new starting zone?

"Some"? Way to be dishonest. A ton of cosmetic stuff has been added, on top of brand new different back piece transmogs.

Not to mention:
    • We got a grand total of 48 new abilities with the covenants, almost an entire class' worth of abilities.
    • Four separate endgame storylines to follow.
    • New race/class combinations in the form of allied races being able to select 'death knight' as their class, or, in your words: "technically a new class".

Also: "no new features"? What do you think Torghast is?
    Fair enough i missed a few things... but still.. its still less than what we had before. I played TBC after classic, i played shadowlands. It makes sense i mean they got to make more money each year to appease shareholders, so it makes sense to produce less over time. Minimal viable product. As long as we all buy up what ever they throw out we will get less and less... i used to love Blizzard even when others slagged them off, but after WC3 reforged i started to see they are just chasing the cash now and not the game... gameplay first is a myth of theirs. C&C remastered was far more impressive and came out around same time.

I recall waiting for WC3 to come out and it got delayed so so much, i think it was years even! but the finished product was worth it!

Am i being overly negative? sure.. but its only because a company i invested time and money in for over half my life has let me down a lot recently, its like Metallica, i mean i love them generally speaking, but lets be realistic, they not released a good album in 30 years so i feel i am obligated to call them a bit shit these days.

The negativity is out of love and not hate, i want them to do well and am powerless these days...

None of it hints that D2R will repeat the fate of W3R.

From what I've seen it won't. They won't make classic version unplayable, they'll have the same engine, has quality of life features you can turn off. Duping and botting is likely a lot harder. All I've seen are good things about it, granted will have to get time on it and play it to find out.
    I never said it will.
    It's just a matter of how much you trust Blizzard at this point. I don't, and I think most of people who played Warcraft 3 don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Paid option to make a copy of your character so you can keep it in Classic,.... anyone else feel bad about this, why pay to keep it there.. why can't we have that as a given, oh yes have to bleed every last $$$ out of it. Classic is dead to me, it will never be what it was.
    You pay to have the same char on BOTH. Classic and TBC.

You can stay in Classic forever, for no extra charge. You just need to pay if you want a duplicate.

I never said it will.
    It's just a matter of how much you trust Blizzard at this point. I don't, and I think most of people who played Warcraft 3 don't.
    I don't trust Blizzard, nor any other game company. Each game is their own launch and experience. Hence bad experience with one doesn't make me think my next experience is bad or good. I will judge the game by it's own merits.. And for what we have to go by now, it doesn't look like they are going at it the wrong way.

The team that did Warcraft 3 reforged got disbanded and this is the team that did Crash Bandicoot and Tony Hawk's Pro Scater.

And what comes to D4, did anyone realistically expect a release date?! I thought we would maybe see it late 2021 to 2022 earliest when it got announced and now with the varus, everything is probably pushed back by half a year at least. We also probably will get some kind of Blizzcon late this year too. Be it online or live.
    I don't think anyone expected D4 in 2021 or even 2022. It looked like they barely even started development of it and were barely in conceptual phases. I'm expecting late 2022 or early 2023 honestly. And with PoE2 being released before then, blizzard has their work cut out for them.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-02-20 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    If I understand correctly it is only for the Maw for now. Because you know, that's the only zone you will be spending any time in.
    You know, considering what a royal PITA that zone is and because I have to get "Cordial" with what'shisname the Maw Guy for every one of my professions I'll happily take Maw Flying as a win, TYVM. Besides, its pretty likely that you will still need a taxi between islands and inter island flying is kind of no big deal. If they reinstituted the flight whistle I would be satisfied to stop right there tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I haven't played for couple of months, so I didn't followed any covenant story, nor what's going on in Shadowlands in general. I suppose here might be some drama lurking that I'm completely not aware of, I just have to see it for myself.

However, the little time I knew her, I felt that she really had a strength that kept me calm. I felt at peace in heavens, now she's gone, and something has changed too. There we go, that's me.

Thanks for your time.
    While that is weird to say the least, you can rest easy considering that the chief story-butcher just confirmed she is still alive doing nothing .