Theory: Denathrius is an Incubus

Namely, the first Incubus (or male Succubus/Sayaad) we've ever met in Warcraft.

He has their horns, their hooves, has a sultry sexy low-cut v-neck and a knowledge of sins and dark magic. It's looking very likely that Denathrius created the Nathrezim in his image, but it's a mystery as to why he's lacking their wings while retaining their other physical traits.

Perhaps male Sayaad lack wings. And he tacked them onto the Nathrezim because he's always lacked them himself. If you note here the wowpedia even mentions that they look so similar to Nathrezim while being a different species... and I doubt that Denathrius created the Sayaad as well.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sayaad

While it's weird that a demon could've somehow became a god of the Shadowlands (with demon souls) all four of the Eternal Ones seem to have weird traits and backstories, so maybe that's his own.

Also note this tidbit mentioned as a rumor about incubi:
    Incubi are kept as slaves on their home planet, having been rendered incapable of escape or independent movement.

So, wingless?

Also could explain why there are no female Dreadlords: because they were made by an Incubi and did not want female agents, maybe because of some kind of trauma. It sounds like a joke but if his wings were torn off or melded off by female Sayaad...

EDIT: This also explains why the Dreadlords are so willing to fuck over the Legion despite being such a big part of it. They could be descendants of a demon who felt no love whatsoever for demons and sided with the Jailer over his own kind.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-02-19 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the wings are just part of the fel the dreadlords took in. Similar how illidan gained hooves and wings.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Pretty sure the wings are just part of the fel the dreadlords took in. Similar how illidan gained hooves and wings.
    Definitely possible, but its weird that Denathrius has horns and hooves without the wings. It implies that if he created the Nathrezim in his image based on how they resemble Venthyr, who he also made, but why would they have hooves and horns (demon traits) BEFORE they became demons? Because Denathrius has them. But why? Did he drink some fel?

Unless he was a demon himself? Or its the worlds greatest coincidence like Draenei hooves LOL
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-02-19 at 04:11 AM.

I mean, he's sultry enough to be a Sayaad. And not smart enough it seems to be a Dreadlord. Definitely a lot more about the sin and revelry than conniving aspect. I think it makes sense.

Sire Denathrius is an eternal one and not a demon. he didnt goto the twisting nether when he died but Nathrezim are demons and do goto to the twisting nether when they die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Sire Denathrius is an eternal one and not a demon. he didnt goto the twisting nether when he died but Nathrezim are demons and do goto to the twisting nether when they die.
    To be fair, he never actually died. His sword absorbed his life force/essence before he could perish in order to save him.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Incubi are hot.
    Denathrius is not.

/thread

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    To be fair, he never actually died. His sword absorbed his life force/essence before he could perish in order to save him.
    true but he is still an Eternal one and that is confirmed. Nathrezim are demons and go to the twisting nether when they die although Denathrius could be an original dread lord before they all became infused with fell. Denathrius also could have wrote that book to the person that created him which could be a first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

With how much he sucks "he" can only be a succubus

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Definitely possible, but its weird that Denathrius has horns and hooves without the wings. It implies that if he created the Nathrezim in his image based on how they resemble Venthyr, who he also made, but why would they have hooves and horns (demon traits) BEFORE they became demons? Because Denathrius has them. But why? Did he drink some fel?

Unless he was a demon himself? Or its the worlds greatest coincidence like Draenei hooves LOL
    i mean its not like only the demons have hooves or horns, if we ignore animals (we obviously will) then tauren too have horns and hooves and they are not creatures of fell... the ardenweald inhabitants too, both 2legend and 4leged (dont know their race names ) have both hooves and horns, and they are not demons (or perhaps they are...)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

The stoneborn have wings and horns. It's not unlikely that he created the Nathrezim with both venthyr and stoneborn appearances in mind.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Namely, the first Incubus (or male Succubus/Sayaad) we've ever met in Warcraft.

He has their horns, their hooves, has a sultry sexy low-cut v-neck and a knowledge of sins and dark magic. It's looking very likely that Denathrius created the Nathrezim in his image, but it's a mystery as to why he's lacking their wings while retaining their other physical traits.

Perhaps male Sayaad lack wings. And he tacked them onto the Nathrezim because he's always lacked them himself. If you note here the wowpedia even mentions that they look so similar to Nathrezim while being a different species... and I doubt that Denathrius created the Sayaad as well.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sayaad

While it's weird that a demon could've somehow became a god of the Shadowlands (with demon souls) all four of the Eternal Ones seem to have weird traits and backstories, so maybe that's his own.

Also note this tidbit mentioned as a rumor about incubi:
    Incubi are kept as slaves on their home planet, having been rendered incapable of escape or independent movement.

So, wingless?

Also could explain why there are no female Dreadlords: because they were made by an Incubi and did not want female agents, maybe because of some kind of trauma. It sounds like a joke but if his wings were torn off or melded off by female Sayaad...

EDIT: This also explains why the Dreadlords are so willing to fuck over the Legion despite being such a big part of it. They could be descendants of a demon who felt no love whatsoever for demons and sided with the Jailer over his own kind.
    DE theroc
    Bal NA zzar
    Varimi THR as
    Tichondr IUS

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Plausible enough of a theory, although whether it pans out remains to be seen. I'm more inclined to think Denathrius is a unique being as an Eternal One - but he's also capable of creating beings whole-cloth (as he did with Renathal and the Curator), so perhaps it's possible he might have created the incubi at some previous point.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Q&A section saying Sire has other allies will probably resurface the Dreadlord rumors which started in Alpha.

It's certainly feasible with the dialogue with himself and The Accusur during the Revendreth main storyline, I thought it was happening during the main storyline, he does afterall use the Dreadlord model and animations.

Considering I haven't seen him seduce and fuck anyone to death I'm gonna say no. It's the Nathrezim who were made in Denathrius' image.