Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    For now!!!
    Yah for now. Couple of updates for windows 10 and it might start working like crap.

Price is fine, the ballsy part is the Pre-purchase. You'd think they would've learned with WC3:RE...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's not about being able to afford it. The product just isn't worth 40 euros to me. 20 year old reskin doesn't justify a 40e price tag. It's way overpriced compared to other products in the market, that's the issue.
    What 20 year old games that has gotten graphical updates are you comparing it to? How much effort would they have had to put into it for it to be worth it to you?

Also, it's perfectly fine that it's not worth it to you. But, then, why are you here?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What 20 year old games that has gotten graphical updates are you comparing it to? How much effort would they have had to put into it for it to be worth it to you?
    Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition costs 20 and it has added multiple new civilisations and campaigns over the previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Path of exile is free, Hades is under $30.

Really, you'd be "shocked" if it was "cheaper"?

Bit of a ridiculous thing to say
    But people don’t want that games as much lol. What’s your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Free? Are you high? How about you do hundreds of hours of work for free...
    Children are EXTREMELY entitled. They don’t understand in order for a game to be f2p it has to literally operate on cash shops. I hate sounding like a boomer but that’s just how gen z was raised into video games, they literally think everything should be free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition costs 20 and it has added multiple new civilisations and campaigns over the previous version.
    Did you really just bring up age of empires? Probably the most simple rts of all time lol. Honestly $20 for age of empires remakes seems more expensive to me as a product than a massive hit like Diablo 2. The amount of effort that has to be put into both games aren’t even comparable

Look at any of the remastered Mario’s, zeldas, games like this is what Diablo should be compared to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Not sure if serious. AoE has a lot less individual assets having to be updated. Most of it was probably possible to do with AI.

Anyway, if that game cost €100 would it be ok if D2 did? Or does any 20 year old remaster have to also cost €20 just because AoE did?
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Reskins of old games are fine as freebies included in actual new games. Like buying Diablo 4 and getting Diablo 2 reskin with it.

Also, it's perfectly fine that it's not worth it to you. But, then, why are you here?
    This is a thread about the price of the game. Also, this is a discussion forum. If you don't like people disagreeing with you, then why are you​ here?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you don't like the price, don't pay it. The game company sets the price they want you to pay, and you can say yes, or no. You don't get to run the company and set the prices.

That's how the real world works.

Besides, surely some of you have gotten jobs since D2, haven't you? 40 bucks is pocket change if you like the game. If 40 bucks is too much, maybe you need to not be spending on games anyway?

Again, it's luxury pixels. Don't like the price, don't pay it.
    I said yes, and pre-ordered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Reskins of old games are fine as freebies included in actual new games. Like buying Diablo 4 and getting Diablo 2 reskin with it.

This is a thread about the price of the game. Also, this is a discussion forum. If you don't like people disagreeing with you, then why are you​ here?
    Indeed, we should all work for free, right?

Do you feel that you can change something by discussing the price here? But, since you claim it would be fine to be free - it's clear you have very limited understanding of economics, business and the game industry.

So, again. Why are you here?
    Hi

I was taken back by the price at first, then remembered how dizzying the effects are in the current version of the game. Can't wait to play it without vomiting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, we should all work for free, right?

Do you feel that you can change something by discussing the price here? But, since you claim it would be fine to be free - it's clear you have very limited understanding of economics, business and the game industry.

So, again. Why are you here?
    Alright keyboard warrior internet tough guy.

Remember how we obtained Diablo 3 in the first place?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Not sure if serious. AoE has a lot less individual assets having to be updated. Most of it was probably possible to do with AI.

Anyway, if that game cost €100 would it be ok if D2 did? Or does any 20 year old remaster have to also cost €20 just because AoE did?
    I gave you an example and you decided to make an ass out of yourself with excuses and what-ifs. Just for the sake of narative that Blizzard can do no wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much time will you spend on the game?
    If the game is good - I assume at least 100 hours (for d2 it's obviously much more). That makes it 44/100 = 0.44USD/hour.
    What other form of entertainment may compare?

Don't want it - don't buy it. This 'old game' has potential ('fingers crossed') to be better for me than the crap industry produces for over decade.
    I'd obviously pay triple the price of the most expensive there is now.

Path of exile is free, Hades is under $30.

Really, you'd be "shocked" if it was "cheaper"?

Bit of a ridiculous thing to say
    Off the top of my head, both the Spyro and Crash remakes run for 40. The last remaster Vicarious did(THPS) also runs at 40. The new(Ps2) era FF re-releases run 40-50 as well. Oh and the Jak and Daxter bundle as well.

Nothing about expecting it to be $40 is ridiculous. Especially if it has the level of quality the THPS remasters had and given the replay value D2 brings.
    Last edited by Smash Adams; 2021-02-20 at 07:01 PM.

Not what I wanted. I just wanted 4k resolution. You didn't have to do anything else, Blizzard. And I would have paid $100+ for.the pleasure.

If this feels in any bit unlike D2, then it is unlikely I will ever play my favorite game (D2 natch) ever again. I would never play a lesser D2.

I can't fucking see this game. I just want to be able to see it. I didnt give a flying fuck about anything else.

You cruahed my spirit, Blizz. *middle finger*

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Off the top of my head, both the Spyro and Crash remakes run for 40. The last remaster Vicarious did(THPS) also runs at 40. The new(Ps2) era FF re-releases run 40-50 as well. Oh and the Jak and Daxter bundle as well.

Nothing about expecting it to be $40 is ridiculous. Especially if it has the level of quality the THPS remasters had and given the replay value D2 brings.
    Spyro and crash were 3 games sold as one. This is just d2. How is that an accurate comparison?

I would pay $9.99 max for 20 year old software.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    I would pay $9.99 max for 20 year old software.
    you do realize it's not actually 20 year old software.... right?

- - - Updated - - -

Spyro and crash were 3 games sold as one. This is just d2. How is that an accurate comparison?
    Actually, it's Diablo 2, and Diablo 2 : Lord of Destruction. Not that it makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I could see the point if it wasn't an entirely rewritten renderer for the game. It's not like the "classic" wow launches where it's literally just the same game over again.

You should watch the deep dive, it was the only blizzcon video I watched. But this doesn't seem to be just a regular old remastered version.
    If it’s something like what Blue Point did with Demon’s Souls I may give it a try.

But from the screenshots it does not seem the case, so I think I’ll pass. Unless they put another WoW mount under its preorder, that will probably be the case.

I don't know why we're still having this discussion

If you don't feel like D2:R is worth 40 USD...that's totally fine. You don't have to buy it.

If you do feel like it is worth 40 USD...that's also fine. You should buy it.

What more needs to be said?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.