Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    No, it really isn’t. It’s part of playing through old content in order to get to tbc. Leveling in Azeroth is objectively not tbc.
    When you have shaman and pally being added and people race to 70 to be included in raids then yeah it is buddy

Quote Originally Posted by MCJOHNS117 View Post
    Just a personal anecdote here, but I have 3 friends who started classic and burned out in the 30-40 range that are all interested in this boost for the exact reason you described. The only reason I have a 60 now in classic is because of the pandemic and quarantining. If I didn't have that 2 weeks of free time I would still not have a 60, because I'm not a kid anymore. The people that enjoyed TBC at release now have careers and families. Does that mean we don't get to reexperience TBC:C?
    According to no lifers yes, yes they shouldn’t be able to play it unless they want to go from 1-58 by themselves which for adults, can literally take half a year sometimes. They really don’t understand it because they have never been in a position where they aren’t able to sit down in front of their computer literally whenever they want to.

As if the people who jump into this boost will literally effect them in any way. They are clearly going to be casual as a majority. They probably won’t even ever run into them again unless it’s in a bg and they are two shotting them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Getting to HFP is part of playing TBC. People who rerolled to BE or draenei had to catch up. I know the boost only works on classic races but it's still fucked. I'd rather they start new servers so it's actually a fresh restart and no one is bringing in an advantage like all thier vanilla gold or being able to level in HFP instantly

- - - Updated - - -

And in two weeks they'll burn out on dungeon spam. Maybe they don't actually want to play it as much as they think they do?
    If that means I get to spend 2 weeks creating new memories and having fun with friends, well then I would say that's a pretty damn good return on investment for $15. Who gives a shit if they only make it 2 weeks, that just further proves how insignificant the boost is.

When you have shaman and pally being added and people race to 70 to be included in raids then yeah it is buddy
    No it really isn’t. It’s them releasing new races, that are forced to level through OLD content in order to get to the expansion you want to play.

Idk if you’re trolling or honestly this absent minded.

And in two weeks they'll burn out on dungeon spam. Maybe they don't actually want to play it as much as they think they do?
    or they want to play TBC without having to play vanila...

They said they are releasing the Dreanai and Blood Elfs before TBC launches, giving players time to reroll to the new class/race combos if they want...the only race will be in those few weeks between the unlocking of the races and the opening of the portal.

Idk if you’re trolling or honestly this absent minded.
    definitely the second option

So? One time is more than enough to ruin the experience.
    Whose experience is being ruined?

Why do you get a free mount also making it easier to farm?
    How does a level 40 mount make anything easier to farm? It's 90g.

According to no lifers yes, yes they shouldn’t be able to play it unless they want to go from 1-58 by themselves which for adults, can literally take half a year sometimes. They really don’t understand it because they have never been in a position where they aren’t able to sit down in front of their computer literally whenever they want to.

As if the people who jump into this boost will literally effect them in any way. They are clearly going to be casual as a majority. They probably won’t even ever run into them again unless it’s in a bg and they are two shotting them.
    I also want a ferrari but it doesnt just magically appear in my driveway.

Some things in life are ment to be earned.

What achievement is it walking through the dark portal to a terrifying new world when you can just buy a boost there. It undervalues everything about the expansion from a gameplay perspective, a lore perspective and its gonna totally fuck the economy and we'll be seeing the popular items north of 5k-10k gold making the AH a waste of time and futher removing the experience the original developers intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post

How does a level 40 mount make anything easier to farm? It's 90g.
    how does increased movement speed NOT make it easier to farm?

seriously at least think.

What achievement is it walking through the dark portal to a terrifying new world when you can just buy a boost there. It undervalues everything about the expansion from a gameplay perspective, a lore perspective and its gonna totally fuck the economy and we'll be seeing the popular items north of 5k-10k gold making the AH a waste of time and futher removing the experience the original developers intended.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think people cant just go and buy gold for that mount if they want to already you are kidding yourself

ill save some time to you - his arguments are all different formulations of "i dont like it so it is bad for everyone"

- - - Updated - - -

It's 90g you dingbat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ill save some time to you - his arguments are all different formulations of "i dont like it so it is bad for everyone"
    So Ive noticed

- - - Updated - - -

So, either you believe that these boost are only available to people that dont already have a level 58 character (and thus have the mount and thats unfair) or the boost is available to everyone, in which case people will just dump gold onto their boosted character and buy 100% immediately. Either way, this wont give anyone an advantage in farming anything. The zones will be so jam packed, even with sharding that I'd be willing to bet in seeing a total of harvestable nodes that I can count on my hands during the 58-70 grind.

Also, if you wanted AND COULD AFFORD TO BUY a Ferrari, you would. There isnt any magic there. Your ownership of a Ferrari doesnt impede my ownership of any other vehicle.
    Last edited by MCJOHNS117; 2021-02-20 at 07:30 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

You actually compared buying a luxury car to someone buying a level boost on a video game that still objectively puts them behind.

I hate saying this, I really do, but I seriously think you need to step away from video games and do something else if this is how your brain works. I’m not trolling or trying to be mean, I’m being serious.

its gonna totally fuck the economy and we'll be seeing the popular items north of 5k-10k gold making the AH a waste of time and futher removing the experience the original developers intended.
    you think boosted chars with MAYBE few hundred golds and mount worth another hundred will fuck up economy, rather than people copying their characters with THOUSANDS or even tens of thousands golds?! wow... you have no idea how economy works, do you?

You actually compared buying a luxury car to someone buying a level boost on a video game that still objectively puts them behind.

I hate saying this, I really do, but I seriously think you need to step away from video games and do something else if this is how your brain works. I’m not trolling or trying to be mean, I’m being serious.
    yeah I clearly care about games too much. I mean I should just be like the pack and throw my credit card at the screen. That will solve the issue. Why play a video game I enjoy when I can just pay to have the developers play it for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you think boosted chars with MAYBE few hundred golds and mount worth another hundred will fuck up economy, rather than people copying their characters with THOUSANDS or even tens of thousands golds?! wow... you have no idea how economy works, do you?
    I also said people bringing in their vanilla gold is a problem. Months of naxx farming isnt good either but that was how it was originally. At least they earned that gold didnt just add it on Ion's credit card.

So Ive noticed
    as an accountant seeing him making argument about economy, it hurts my eyes so bad i had to put him to ignore...

- - - Updated - - -

I also said people bringing in their vanilla gold is a problem.
    in other words, it have FUCK ALL to do with boosts... thank you for confirming what i already knew...

Quote Originally Posted by Lulz1 View Post
    You can use this only on fresh account tho... So why u are crying already?

Edit: Existing account too it seems. My mistake, but it is still only one boost per account (to 58 and not lvl70), so no issue.
    It's a pretty big issue honestly.

Giving people instant progressions, even if it's just for an alt, is a terrible dreadful idea.

Not to mention the mount grind is a real thing.

I didn’t hear these people complain when only an active sub is required to play Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Giving people instant progressions, even if it's just for an alt, is a terrible dreadful idea.

Not to mention the mount grind is a real thing.
    1. its not instant progresion, its literaly option to begin at START of the game..
    2. for 60% mounts that cost less than hundred golds? no, it isnt...