Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    as an accountant seeing him making argument about economy, it hurts my eyes so bad i had to put him to ignore...

- - - Updated - - -

in other words, it have FUCK ALL to do with boosts... thank you for confirming what i already knew...
    Its almost like there can be multiple issues around these kind of things.

Boosts have a rather large chain effect that you are clearly oblivious too
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    yeah I clearly care about games too much. I mean I should just be like the pack and throw my credit card at the screen. That will solve the issue. Why play a video game I enjoy when I can just pay to have the developers play it for me!

- - - Updated - - -

I also said people bringing in their vanilla gold is a problem. Months of naxx farming isnt good either but that was how it was originally. At least they earned that gold didnt just add it on Ion's credit card.
    Sure go ahead throw your credit card at the screen to more than likely be in an objectively WORSE position LOL. You didn’t think that one through did you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    What a pedantic piece you are.
    Last edited by Punks; 2021-02-20 at 07:43 PM.

In this situation I think it's to give people a chance to skip right to TBC stuff without 1-58 first. Relax dudes and end the hate.

yeah I clearly care about games too much. I mean I should just be like the pack and throw my credit card at the screen. That will solve the issue. Why play a video game I enjoy when I can just play to have the developers play it for me!

- - - Updated - - -

I also said people bringing in their vanilla gold is a problem. Months of naxx farming isnt good either but that was how it was originally. At least they earned that gold didnt just add it on Ion's credit card.

Leveling 1-58 creates a large amount of gold per character.
    The ability to buy boosts actually goes toward preventing gold from entering the economy, if that's what you care about. All of these characters are going to buy epic riding at 60, which is just a pure deletion of hundreds of gold every single time. Removal of gold is what a lot of people want. You should be for it then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    Sure go ahead throw your credit card at the screen to more than likely be in an objectively WORSE position LOL. You didn’t think that one through did you?
    So what is your point? Fix me plz Doctor Phil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Leveling 1-58 creates a large amount of gold per character.
    The ability to buy boosts actually goes toward preventing gold from entering the economy, if that's what you care about. All of these characters are going to buy epic riding at 60, which is just a pure deletion of hundreds of gold every single time. Removal of gold is what a lot of people want. You should be for it then.
    I care about the experience. And when im running around HFP I wanna know that people got there the way it was meant to be played back in TBC. We didnt have boosts then so why do we have them now? Easy money. I mean its bad enough I'm leaning towards not bothering at all. Its not gonna be the same at all and the community as shown in this thread is pretty much dead. Its gonna be more retail "lets get to the finish line ASAP and I want all the loot I dont care about anyone" bullshit and at that point i'd seriously ask why are they even playing it in the first place. Just play retail

I just told you. With this purchase I bet this would literally only hurt you. So how is it pay to win for you? And yes, yes you do care too much about video games. It’s actually quite concerning. Not for me, because idc about you, but for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    I just told you. With this purchase I bet this would literally only hurt you. So how is it pay to win for you? And yes, yes you do care too much about video games. It’s actually quite concerning. Not for me, because idc about you, but for you.
    If this was a single player game you might have a point. It isnt. Its an MMO. What other people can and cant do actually matters.

- - - Updated - - -

I care about the experience. And when im running around HFP I wanna know that people got there the way it was meant to be played back in TBC. We didnt have boosts then so why do we have them now? Easy money. I mean its bad enough I'm leaning towards not bothering at all. Its not gonna be the same at all and the community as shown in this thread is pretty much dead. Its gonna be more retail "lets get to the finish line ASAP and I want all the loot I dont care about anyone" bullshit and at that point i'd seriously ask why are they even playing it in the first place. Just play retail
    Way to dodge everything I said.
    58-70 is what really matters. Especially 70+

7+ Year Old Account
    Way to dodge everything I said.
    58-70 is what really matters. Especially 70+
    You forget the most important metric of all. Time.

You talk of gold earned while leveling and dont even consider the time saved compared to using that time saved and farming at closer to max level WITH a mount.

You are not really worth "debating" with at all.

You forget the most important metric of all. Time.

You talk of gold earned while leveling and dont even consider the time saved compared to farming at closer to max level WITH a mount.

You are not really worth "debating" with at all.
    You aren't debating, you're pivoting. You're ignoring what people say and moving on to something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    You aren't debating, you're pivoting. You're ignoring what people say and moving on to something else.
    ok what did I pivot? You say the only thing that matters is 58-70. I fundamentally disagree. This isnt diablo 3 where you can level a toon in 2 hours. Its supposed to mean something having a max level character. Something that has diminished massively over the changes to WoW. So people asked for earlier versions of the game in the first place because they dont like the current direction of WoW.

ok what did I pivot?
    Ok I'll give you another shot:

Whose experience is being ruined?

How does a level 40 mount make anything easier to farm? It's 90g.

And this time don't make me answer it. I'm asking you since you're the one making the claims.

7+ Year Old Account

And this time don't make me answer it. I'm asking you since you're the one making the claims.
    1) Everyone else on that server. I know it was 15 years ago and its hard for people to remember, but servers actually had identity. It meant something to be a max level whatever. That is completely null and void now because of boosts. Why shouldnt I assume everyone I group with in TBC 2.0 is boosted and theres a good chance they have no idea how to play the class because they couldnt even be bothered to level it, let alone LEARN the class.

2) Its 90g? Again you only think about the amount of gold and not the time saved for the individual which is time they could be using on maxing out their credit card on the auction house because only idiots farm items in 2021 and clearly gold/perks shouldn't matter in a game where nearly anything can be purchased with said currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    you are exactly what they are targeting. Young people who only know about buying your way to the end.
    How is a 58 boost "buying your way to the end".

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    but isnt the argument of "it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something" a stupid one in 2021? OP brought the argument of "progress" in a 15 years old game?
    There's still progress to be done in a new version of an old game.

I think the main problem is the boost is just done poorly? There's no right or wrong answer to how they could have or should have transitioned Vanilla to TBC. The boost wouldn't be such a bad thing if they were making all new TBC servers with a wipe on all progress and then allowing people one free boost to 58 in order to just jump right in to the new content. The old progress of Classic would be irrelevant anyway on a new server.

They, instead, chose to keep all the gold and progress from Classic moving forward to TBC which then makes the boost feel a little strange. I think that's the main issue? It's like they're trying to go the middle route of "How to make Classic players happy while also allowing people to come play TBC if they skipped Classic" but I think they didn't choose the best way to do this. There's no right answer, like I said, so I understand it's just a tricky situation.

Ok I'll give you another shot:

i admire you still have patience with him, he is not arguing, he just put his fingers in his ears shake his head and yell "boost bad"

7+ Year Old Account
    i admire you still have patience with him, he is not arguing, he just put his fingers in his ears shake his head and yell "boost bad"
    What kind of passive aggressive bullshit is this??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    There's still progress to be done in a new version of an old game.

I think the main problem is the boost is just done poorly? There's no right or wrong answer to how they could have or should have transitioned Vanilla to TBC. The boost wouldn't be such a bad thing if they were making all new TBC servers with a wipe on all progress and then allowing people one free boost to 58 in order to just jump right in to the new content. The old progress of Classic would be irrelevant anyway on a new server.

They, instead, chose to keep all the gold and progress from Classic moving forward to TBC which then makes the boost feel a little strange. I think that's the main issue? It's like they're trying to go the middle route of "How to make Classic players happy while also allowing people to come play TBC if they skipped Classic" but I think they didn't choose the best way to do this. There's no right answer, like I said, so I understand it's just a tricky situation.
    I agree there was no easy answer. Someone was gonna get pissed. But boosts for TBC? Its grotesque

i enjoy playing TBC
    i enjoy leveling in TBC
    i do not enjoy leveling in classic
    thank you for the boost blizzard

1) Everyone else on that server. I know it was 15 years ago and its hard for people to remember, but servers actually had identity. It meant something to be a max level whatever. That is completely null and void now because of boosts. Why shouldnt I assume everyone I group with in TBC 2.0 is boosted and theres a good chance they have no idea how to play the class because they couldnt even be bothered to level it, let alone LEARN the class.

2) Its 90g? Again you only think about the amount of gold and not the time saved for the individual which is time they could be using on maxing out their credit card on the auction house because only idiots farm items in 2021 and clearly gold/perks shouldn't matter in a game where nearly anything can be purchased with said currency.
    1) I think this is a myth. Learning wow is super easy especially with all the info out there. Wowhead, icy veins, discord servers, etc. Even without those wow is really easy to learn. No one is going to suffer from bad players who don't know their class. If anything, spending money on it probably guarantees that player will learn all they can because of the real money investment they made.

2) Still not sure what your argument is here, maybe re word it or something. Your emotion is blocking something and I can't understand you.

- - - Updated - - -

I want people to own their complaints and give actual reasons, assuming they have any. Maybe I'm getting somewhere, maybe not.