Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong. Can MrAnderson find a new excuse by the time I finish this song.
    It gets even worse if you go by most streamed too.
    Wow #10
    League of Legends #3
    Valorant #4
    Fortnite #1
    Destiny 2 #17
    Hearthstone #42
    Star Citizen #132

It really is comical to even mention SC in the same breath as some of these games. Destiny/Hearthstone barely even deserve to be on this list. Thanks again Mr Anderson for doing the work for us in proving that SC is a massive disappointment on Twitch too!

World of Warcraft: #10
    League of Legends:#2
    Valorant:#5
    Fortnite:#3
    Destiny 2: #28
    Hearthstone: #14
    Star Citizen: #111

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong. Can MrAnderson find a new excuse by the time I finish this song.

Also if that's the case, show the sources then. And before you call us lazy and tell us to do it. It's your point to defend so you have to provide the proof.
    Yes the space game genre went out of fashion in the late 90's to FPS's and became almost inexistent that it's considered a niche genre and not worth investing. Until Chris Roberts and Star Citizen came along that is.

In case you haven't noticed:

EvE: #269
    No Man Sky: #271
    Elite: Dangerous: #313

Follow the link: https://prezi.com/view/l5DorjAy1dUz8BoDnuoF/

Click on it » in the slide click on Sources.

The free-fly pushed the Star Citizen number registered users to the 3.000.000 and 347$millions pledged funds.

New planet and city/landing zone showcased in latest weekly video update, enjoy:

& Fly Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Until Chris Roberts and Star Citizen came along that is.
    Then if you want to be mentioned with the top games on twitch put out a game worthy of being in those brackets. SC is not it at current. All they've managed to do is collect a lot of money and squander it thus far. Congrats for that.

World of Warcraft: #10
    League of Legends:#2
    Valorant:#5
    Fortnite:#3
    Destiny 2: #28
    Hearthstone: #14
    Star Citizen: #111

Also if that's the case, show the sources then. And before you call us lazy and tell us to do it. It's your point to defend so you have to provide the proof.
    Every game is in its own genre, star citizen is the most popular game in its genre to watch on twitch, space games are already for a small community as it is, theres a reason why space games dont come around often because less gamers play them so thats why we dont get many decent space games.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Yes the space game genre went out of fashion in the late 90's to FPS's and became almost inexistent that it's considered a niche genre and not worth investing. Until Chris Roberts and Star Citizen came along that is.

Follow the link: https://prezi.com/view/l5DorjAy1dUz8BoDnuoF/

Click on it » in the slide click on Sources.

The free-fly pushed the Star Citizen number registered users to the 3.000.000 and 347$millions pledged funds.

New planet and city/landing zone showcased in latest weekly video update, enjoy:

& Fly Safe!
    Oh wow 3 million registered users. I wonder if they have room for all 75,000 servers for that many people. Let me know when more people watch Star Citizen then literal virtual gambling.

Oh wow 3 million registered users. I wonder if they have room for all 75,000 servers for that many people. Let me know when more people watch Star Citizen then literal virtual gambling.
    They use amazon servers so they have access to as much server capacity as they need, but all they need to do is have enough server capacity for however high the concurrent playerbase is and adapt as required.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They use amazon servers so they have access to as much server capacity as they need, but all they need to do is have enough server capacity for however high the concurrent playerbase is and adapt as required.
    *woosh* The point they were making is 40 players per server cap with 3 million players is 75k servers. Then again if the server cap is 50 now then it is only 60,000 servers, hahaha. You missed the joke sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *woosh* The point they were making is 40 players per server cap with 3 million players is 75k servers. Then again if the server cap is 50 now then it is only 60,000 servers, hahaha. You missed the joke sadly.
    The joke is your lack of understanding about what a server actually does and constant need to pretend a temp cap before certain techs are implemented actually matter. To run what SC currently does on 1 single server is more than impressive on its own, when other games that use a single server can struggle with just a sandbox map and the content in it.

Any MMO with a high playerbase use thousands of servers to split up the server load as required, and the same will be the case for SC as the universe will be a collection of servers spreading out the work.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-02-20 at 01:58 AM.

The joke is your lack of understanding about what a server actually does and constant need to pretend a temp cap before certain techs are implemented actually matter. To run what SC currently does on 1 single server is more than impressive on its own, when other games that use a single server can struggle with just a sandbox map and the content in it.
    "Temp cap" How long has this temp cap been in place good sir? How long will it continue to be a thing?

Certain techs being you know the most important and hardest tech to do most likely. Yeah that's cool, no big deal. This game is ALMOST ready for launch right? LOL.

Jesus man, you defend this game so hard you better be getting paid for it for all the work you do. Otherwise it is amazing how fanatical someone is to defend a game this long in the development cycle with no end in sight.

"Temp cap" How long has this temp cap been in place good sir? How long will it continue to be a thing? Certain techs being you know the most important and hardest tech to do most likely. Yeah that's cool, no big deal. This game is ALMOST ready for launch right? LOL.
    I mean...how much more is there to beat this horse to death with? Don't get me wrong, I'm skeptical as to if all these "jesus tech" will come together as nicely as some folks think and it'll probably take a lot longer, but it's hardly uncommon for there to be bottlenecks like this during development.

Just wait to see how the server meshing etc. rolls out, I don't know why it's worth all this energy over months/years just because there remains a cap on players during testing. Is the game really worth this much emotional investment?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...how much more is there to beat this horse to death with? Don't get me wrong, I'm skeptical as to if all these "jesus tech" will come together as nicely as some folks think and it'll probably take a lot longer, but it's hardly uncommon for there to be bottlenecks like this during development.

Just wait to see how the server meshing etc. rolls out, I don't know why it's worth all this energy over months/years just because there remains a cap on players during testing. Is the game really worth this much emotional investment?
    I'll continue to beat this horse to death as long as people like kenn and anderson try and defend that shit. The fact is this game is a MMO with a pathetic low server cap, that is so mindblowing to me. But hey it is okay, this slow as hell development has these bottlenecks better give them more money because 300+ million just isn't enough to make this magical game that requires this Jesus Tech to launch.

WHEN is this server meshing going to roll out, Edge? 2023? 2024? Never?

And how dare you talk my supposed emotional investment on a forum. I can post where I want, how I want, whenever I want as long as I follow the rules, which you seem to be failing to do yourself btw.

It blows my mind that people like Mr Anderson can attack people over and over and then when you feel I have been posting too much or spending too much energy on the subject you attack ME. Good fucking grief. Mr anderson's whole damn post history is practically devoted to defending this money pit of a game.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-02-20 at 02:15 AM.

Lol is this "game" still a thing? I bet they require some more funding for the next teaser.

"Temp cap" How long has this temp cap been in place good sir? How long will it continue to be a thing?

Certain techs being you know the most important and hardest tech to do most likely. Yeah that's cool, no big deal. This game is ALMOST ready for launch right? LOL.

Jesus man, you defend this game so hard you better be getting paid for it for all the work you do. Otherwise it is amazing how fanatical someone is to defend a game this long in the development cycle with no end in sight.
    Its just a case of you having unrealistic expectations and making excuses to justify your hate for this project, maybe if CiG started at the current staff and resources level they do now you might have a reasonable case for an argument, but having to build a company from the ground up and starting with a handful of staff, everything is well within reasonable expectations for a project of this scale, there is very little reason for anymore discussion as everything you say is in bad faith and never even consider even the remote possablities for CiG to complete what they are working on.

Its just a case of you having unrealistic expectations and making excuses to justify your hate for this project, maybe if CiG started at the current staff and resources level they do now you might have a reasonable case for an argument, but having to build a company from the ground up and starting with a handful of staff, everything is well within reasonable expectations for a project of this scale, there is very little reason for anymore discussion as everything you say is in bad faith and never even consider even the remote possablities for CiG to complete what they are working on.
    Maybe CiG should not have let feature creep get the better of them then? They knew they had to build from the ground up. And now here we are 8+ years later with feature creep as out of control as ever. When do you think this game should be you know, done?

I don't need to justify anything, by the way, I have simple questions and yet the answer is always muddied with plenty of attacks on my character to go along with it.

Well that's because it is, for many gamers that is.

Fly Safe!
    Lol fuck your stats, here are some stats comparing a game that came out on Feb 2 made by 5 fucking people to Star Citizen and I set it to cover an entire year.

This is why your stats don't mean jack shit. A game made by 5 people that is not even 3 weeks old almost has more watched hours than Star Citizen over the course of an entire year.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2021-02-20 at 04:07 AM.

I didn't realize it took ten years to make a games studio. Wow hope they can deliver that theoretical server tech run by pixie dust and dreams up and running soon.

Still banging the same old drum about building a company... Here is a list of contractors who worked with CIG from 2012 onwards, as you have been told many times before CIG never wanted to build a huge company which is why all these contractors were brought on board. It was only in 2015 that they realised the folly of trying to work this way and decided to expand so they could bring as much as possible in house.

Atomahawk Design
    Behaviour Interactive
    CGBot
    Confetti SpecialFX
    Crytek
    IllFonic
    Massive Black
    Moon Collider
    Rmory
    Streamline Studios
    The Imaginarium
    Wyrmbyte
    Virtuos
    voidALPHA

https://starcitizen.tools/Development_team

- - - Updated - - -

EVE, Elite and NMS have considerably more people playing their game. Night and day difference.

This obsession with twitch popularity makes me wonder who would that be so important to. And the answer is people involved in marketing a product, they would care far more about twitch stats and the like.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-02-20 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    snip
    They have been building up the company since the end of the kickstarter, contracters were always just going to be temporary, there is a clear increase in staff each year since 2012, so if you say they didnt decide to build the company until 2015 why had they recuited 263 staff by that point, so my point is completely valid as building a company takes time away from development along with not having enough staff, it was only around 2015 the staff levels were increasing so they could reduce the amount of contracters needed, so please stop talking BS.

They have been building up the company since the end of the kickstarter, contracters were always just going to be temporary, there is a clear increase in staff each year since 2012, so if you say they didnt decide to build the company until 2015 why had they recuited 263 staff by that point, so my point is completely valid as building a company takes time away from development along with not having enough staff, it was only around 2015 the staff levels were increasing so they could reduce the amount of contracters needed, so please stop talking BS.
    Whoo they were building a company!! Yes Kenn everyone builds a company, big frakking deal. If they didn't allow for this or explain to backers that additional time would be needed, that is on them. No one else.

Having 263 staff by 2015 + 14 contracted studios on their books shows they had no problem building a company.

Stop your incessant BS.
    Last edited by 1001; 2021-02-20 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Whoo they were building a company!! Yes Kenn everyone builds a company, big frakking deal. If they didn't allow for this or explain to backers that additional time would be needed, that is on them. No one else.

Having 263 staff by 2015 + 14 contracted studios on their books shows they had no problem building a company.

Stop your incessant BS.
    Your the one with the constant BS, it takes years to build a company up and building everything the game needs from nothing, the game increased in size until the start of 2015 with the stretch goals, contractors are not very efficient and can lead to wasted work when its much harder to coordinate what is actually needed.

Your the one claiming they didnt want to build a company and only decided that in 2015, and were only ever going to use contractors.