Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I agree there was no easy answer. Someone was gonna get pissed. But boosts for TBC? Its grotesque
    If it was a brand new server where none of your progress from Classic carried over, I'd be okay with one boost to 58. It would be the baseline for everybody at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    1) I think this is a myth. Learning wow is super easy especially with all the info out there. Wowhead, icy veins, discord servers, etc. Even without those wow is really easy to learn. No one is going to suffer from bad players who don't know their class. If anything, spending money on it probably guarantees that player will learn all they can because of the real money investment they made.

2) Still not sure what your argument is here, maybe re word it or something. Your emotion is blocking something and I can't understand you.
    Someone can read up a guide, that does not mean they are gonna remember to put poison on their weapons as a rogue, or learning how to CC with fear and curse of recklessness. And why would paying for it mean they take it more seriously as opposed to investing dozen of hours actually playing the character, questing and seeing it in shitty leveling gear etc and growing an attachment to your toon over your achievements. Rather than just a generic copy and paste character much like when you play on test servers and get full gear/toons instantly and feel no attachment to them at all and just feel like you're on the class trial part of the game.

I'm saying gold is important. And people going straight to end game makes it easier to earn gold. Combine that with all the vanilla whales in Naxx for months and the servers economy is dead on arrival. And for the early expansion that is massively important because theres a tonne of great craftable gear in TBC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    If it was a brand new server where none of your progress from Classic carried over, I'd be okay with one boost to 58. It would be the baseline for everybody at that point.
    Personally I would have gone with reducing the amount of vanilla servers/merging them. Keeping them on classic. And opening new servers just for TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    waaaaaaahhhh WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

That's all I'm hearing. You fucking baby.

Someone can read up a guide, that does not mean they are gonna remember to put poison on their weapons as a rogue, or learning how to CC with fear and curse of recklessness.
    But that's exactly what that means.

- - - Updated - - -

gold is important. And people going straight to end game makes it easier to earn gold.
    I assume you mean sooner, not easier. I can agree with that since it's a fact, but cutting out 5 days played time shouldn't bother anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    But that's exactly what that means.
    No it doesnt.

A guide can tell you to use poisons, That doesnt mean you are constantly keeping an eye on it. Honestly check out rogues when TBC goes live. You'll see what im talking about.

And warlocks leveling actually get a feel for how fear works, the distance mobs can run. Where its safe to do it etc. I'd rather they learn that leveling in a semi dangerous leveling area. Than in hellfire pens for the first time

Is he seriously jumping into the “people
    need to level to learn how to play their class?” Argument? What is this 2005?

Leveling a low level character doesn’t teach you how to play a high level character. It’s better to get end level ASAP and practice with actual end level abilities.

Will not use a boost, but i absolutely don't care. Skipping Classic will be a blast for people who aren't fans of classic anyway and just want to play TBC, and also fund activision with some of their shiny shiny money and make them hopefully shut up otherwise, so yay!

I don't see anything bad with it. Will there be some less skilled players: maybe, but i don't think that a bad player will be a good player if they level up normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post

Leveling a low level character doesn’t teach you how to play a high level character. It’s better to get end level ASAP and practice with actual end level abilities.
    End level abilities? What the one spell you get at max level? You realise you unlock 99% of your spells as you level?

And classes are quite different in TBC and it was 15 years ago and WoW players can barely even pug the current heroic raid on retail. So yeah, people do need to learn their classes.

Someone can read up a guide, that does not mean they are gonna remember to put poison on their weapons as a rogue, or learning how to CC with fear and curse of recklessness. And why would paying for it mean they take it more seriously as opposed to investing dozen of hours actually playing the character, questing and seeing it in shitty leveling gear etc and growing an attachment to your toon over your achievements. Rather than just a generic copy and paste character much like when you play on test servers and get full gear/toons instantly and feel no attachment to them at all and just feel like you're on the class trial part of the game.

I'm saying gold is important. And people going straight to end game makes it easier to earn gold. Combine that with all the vanilla whales in Naxx for months and the servers economy is dead on arrival. And for the early expansion that is massively important because theres a tonne of great craftable gear in TBC

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would have gone with reducing the amount of vanilla servers/merging them. Keeping them on classic. And opening new servers just for TBC
    See, but then you lose out on any special progress you might have made in the game like PvP ranks and whatnot. I'd like those things to move forward somehow, but I definitely think gold and resources are a problem.

True.

Sorry, but the argument of: "getting a feel how fear works"; when do you ever fear something in the wild in classic? You don't use fear in the wilds except for pvp and you definitively don't use it into dungeons, because fear is bad, the times when fear does not fuck everything up are pretty rare, especially the warlock one. Priest is actually not as dangerous, since it only lasts for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    See, but then you lose out on any special progress you might have made in the game like PvP ranks and whatnot. I'd like those things to move forward somehow, but I definitely think gold and resources are a problem.
    And they get to keep that progress on the vanilla servers

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Will not use a boost, but i absolutely don't care. Skipping Classic will be a blast for people who aren't fans of classic anyway and just want to play TBC, and also fund activision with some of their shiny shiny money and make them hopefully shut up otherwise, so yay!

I don't see anything bad with it. Will there be some less skilled players: maybe, but i don't think that a bad player will be a good player if they level up normally.
    Yeah it’s actually almost never the case I guarantee that most people hyped for tbc coming back knows at least a little of what they are doing. I have a couple friends who have played on tbc/wotlk p servers for years and are some really good players, but they never touched classic.

I know this is super hard for some classic players to understand but some people really really really didn’t like vanilla, but love tbc or wotlk. I honestly don’t see how they don’t see it. I played classic, I had my fun, but Christ if I don’t fully understand why this wouldn’t be for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This. Sorry, but getting a feel how fear works: when do you ever fear something in the wild in classic? You don't use fear in the wilds except for pvp and you definitively don't use it into dungeons, because fear is bad, the times when fear does not fuck everything up are pretty rare, especially the warlock one. Priest is actually not as dangerous, since it only lasts for a few seconds.
    you dont use fear in dungeons? Someones never played TBC.

You can completely use fear as a CC. Especially in shattered halls when shit hits the fan. And you have a curse to remove fear if they run the wrong way.

3+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    I'd rather have this soft boost than the 1 million bot mages boosting Mara and ZG.

Yeah it’s actually almost never the case I guarantee that most people hyped for tbc coming back knows at least a little of what they are doing. I have a couple friends who have played on tbc/wotlk p servers for years and are some really good players, but they never touched classic.

I know this is super hard for some classic players to understand but some people really really really didn’t like vanilla, but love tbc or wotlk. I honestly don’t see how they don’t see it. I played classic, I had my fun, but Christ if I don’t fully understand why this wouldn’t be for everyone
    Exactly. For me classic was always meh and TBC was more of a classic+ with less annoyances, better balanced classes and FAR better raids and dungeons with an exceptions: i hated it that there weren't any big dungeons anymore compared to classic. Maraudon and BFD were always my favourite one, and i'm not the biggest fan of the "small dungeon design" blizzard had with TBC and every expansion after, including up to retail. Still: one of the best raids ever is still Karazhan; it is a dungeon that actually feel as if someone actually can live here, and we need more of it: Raids and dungeons where it actually feel that there is some life in it, where it seems plausible that people lived there.

So yes, TBC is by far not perfect, but i'm very happy to play it again.

End level abilities? What the one spell you get at max level? You realise you unlock 99% of your spells as you level?

And classes are quite different in TBC and it was 15 years ago and WoW players can barely even pug the current heroic raid on retail. So yeah, people do need to learn their classes.
    Tell me how leveling a priest 1-58 teaches you how to play a shadow priest in tbc, pvp or pve. Go ahead.

That wanding you’ll be doing for 90% of your time and even when you get other abilities like mindblast and VT you’ll STILL be wanding for 90% of your time.

Go ahead, show me how leveling teaches you your character.

You know what would actually help? Watching a guide, or going on one of ‘those’ servers that hit you end level so you can practice.

Fighting boars in elwynn or even hellfire isn’t going to teach you how to blanket silence a resto druid in an area who is 100% going to trinket. And it most certainly isnt going to help you top meters for your class in a given rotation or boss mechanic scenario.

Everyone who knows wow knows this. You must really think leveling is a highlight in your wow journey which tells me a lot about how good of a player you are. You don’t even understand this game.

You act like everyone but you is going to be running around with a boosted character AND sucking at it. Consider a few things first:
    How many accounts are going to have a purchased boosted character? Remember we only get 1.
    Among those, how many are going to play these boosted characters long term?
    Among those, don't you think some already have vast knowledge of MMOs and even their chosen class?
    For those who don't, how many do you think do not possess the ability to learn?
    The sky isn't falling.

Tell me how leveling a priest 1-58 teaches you how to play a shadow priest in tbc, pvp or pve. Go ahead.

That wanding you’ll be doing for 90% of your time and even when you get other abilities like mindblast and VT you’ll STILL be wanding for 90% of your time.

Go ahead, show me how leveling teaches you your character.

You know what would actually help? Watching a guide, or going on one of ‘those’ servers that hit you end level so you can practice.

Fighting boars in elwynn or even hellfire isn’t going to teach you how to blanket silence a resto druid in an area who is 100% going to trinket. And it most certainly isnt going to help you top meters for your class in a given rotation or boss mechanic scenario.

Everyone who knows wow knows this. You must really think leveling is a highlight in your wow journey which tells me a lot about how good of a player you are. You don’t even understand this game.
    Yeah bro you got me. WoW leveling is the pinnacle of gaming for me. I get such a rush when my character lights up.

Have you heard of muscle memory? While you are wanding down those boars you are learning where your spells are, increasing reaction times and familiarity with your spells. Its not my main point I agree a bad player is most likely gonna be a bad player regardless of leveling. But you look at current retail WoW where if you wanna pug heroic CN your choice is either buying a boost, or stopping that search and joining a guild otherwise good luck son you aint killing Sire with the current crop of WoW players. 90% of them are literal dog shit who dont even have all their spells on their bars. TBC actually requires co-ordination on pulls using CC etc. I'd like people to practise that before stepping into the dungeons. Thats the way the game was DESIGNED. You dont step into wailing caverns at level 1 do you.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    yeah there's a lot of progression going on in TBC sub level 60... your ignorance makes you not believable as a person. wtf even are you?

you dont use fear in dungeons? Someones never played TBC.

You can completely use fear as a CC. Especially in shattered halls when shit hits the fan. And you have a curse to remove fear if they run the wrong way.
    I played wow since Vanilla and TBC was still one of my favorite ones. I was maybe the only one on my server that played as a paladin-tank back then (and yes, i always said that i can tank that, they didn't believed me until i did it and everyone was astouned how good paladin tank was in TBC), and nope, i never used fear as an CC, because the one time some warlock wanted to try fear back then he fucked it up. Might it be different nowadays: Maybe, but back then they fucked it up, EVERY SINGLE TIME with exactly 1 exception back then: when a warlock prevented a wipe and he feared the last mob away from me after the healer died in Shadow Labyrinth; i used a mana pot, healed myself, killed it and resurrected the group.

And using curse-swap is something you might have done in a TBC-Private Server, but back then this was pretty much unknown. Maybe it was different on your server, but i never saw it, since we simply never feared in a dungeon.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2021-02-20 at 08:48 PM.