Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Cata had flying from the start as they wanted to let people fly over the old world. In some parts you can tell they started when flying might not have been there and later rushed design because they knew flying encourages simpler gameplay.
    I feel like it was gated in some way, I remember having to run around twilight highlands on the ground. But I could definitely be wrong
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah its ok. Altfriendly not much needed for mains. Im glad for the maw mounting. So sad for those who claim 18layers ugly mount just for mounting the maw xD

Woot flying account wide once one character unlocks it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Why even play the game at all at this point. If a few minutes of running bothers you so much.
    those few minutes add up when everything I do have those few minutes tacked on. I swear, every playing session I have right now, half of it is spent on travel.

sometimes I also ask myself, why do i still play. and the answer is... a combination of sunk cost fallacy and that I still like my characters, how they feel and aesthetics of the world. but the balance have been shifting with this expac. I mean.... why did they not add flight master's whistle? something something zones more compact? nonsense. they are the same size as other zones. they are just not connected to each other. and the flight between zones now takes significantly longer, because we HAVE to go through Oribos. how any of you can justify this amount of pointless padding, i don't even know.

P.S. I'm fine if they bring back pvp servers. as I have always played on pve servers, this will have all of zero effect on me. you all can "enjoy" your world pvp and I will continue to avoid it as I have since I started playing.

- - - Updated - - -

that said... could someone confirm if its just completion of covenant specific story to unlock flight, or do we need a loremaster achievement? because I'd like to know if I should bother dragging myself through side quests now, or wait until we have flying to do them a lot more pleasantly. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    You tricked yourself buddy.

the maw is 100000 times better than argus. you fly babies make me laugh without doubt every since time

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Flying from the start was never a thing. You had to at least level up to the cap.. hell we didnt get flying in the old world for ages too..

It’s blizzards game, and its been this way the whole time. People need to relax

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    I feel like it was gated in some way, I remember having to run around twilight highlands on the ground. But I could definitely be wrong
    Nope, definitely flying from the start. There were parts I remember running around because it had clearly been designed for you to travel that way and I didn't think to fly, and other bits I was flying over but went back to run through to get the proper effect, but the option to fly was there from the moment the expansion launched (possibly pre-patch.)

Me pay money, me fly now.

Ok, not having flying since the start was torture for the efficiency freak, but it really made you appreciate the zones, specially Arden and Maldraxxus. Bastion can die, their flightpaths are ass and Revendreth was wall after wall.

Dunno if flying even matters that much in SL. Not a whole lot going on out in the world that requires flying except WQs. Most content is instanced soooo

The fact that "this is how the game is now" doesn't make it stop being a giant pile of crap. But I do agree with the people who ridicule anyone who complains about that crap after buying it with the misconception that it was going to be any other way, even though Blizzard was already squatting on the toilet and grunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: *does something they've always done*

OP: *OMG! Tricked again!*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Nah its ok. Altfriendly not much needed for mains. Im glad for the maw mounting. So sad for those who claim 18layers ugly mount just for mounting the maw xD
    *laughs in Druid*

also

*laughs in hasn't done the Maw in weeks*
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Blizzard: *does something they've always done*

OP: *OMG! Tricked again!*
    I never stood a chance against Ion's sly smile

TBH I wish they would just do away with flying entirely. Yeah it's convenient but it kinda ruins the mystique of the world for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    TBH I wish they would just do away with flying entirely. Yeah it's convenient but it kinda ruins the mystique of the world for me.
    Nah, being on the ground gets kind of old. Releasing flying in the first content patch is fine.
    Putin khuliyo

Flying is going to be the least useful it's ever been with all the zones being separated the way they are now, in addition to no flying in the Maw. Hopefully 9.2 & 9.3 content will allow flying.

I would put flying available in the start of the expansion with no rep or lore grinds. You want to fly here? Fine, 5 million gold pleasse.

Players can fly the moment they start the expansion and Blizzard sells a lot of tokens. Everybody wins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    I would put flying available in the start of the expansion with no rep or lore grinds. You want to fly here? Fine, 5 million gold pleasse.

Players can fly the moment they start the expansion and Blizzard sells a lot of tokens. Everybody wins!
    Except the folks that would be rending their garments and dousing themselves in ashes wailing 'Pay to Win'... they wouldn't be winning.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    You're not getting flying at the start, because that trivialises questing and world pvp.
    Yes, because, wow, questing is so hard on ground mount and world pvp is not at all affected by warmode which majority has off anyhow... Do you even have an argument? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    "must" not sure you understand how any of this works...
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym