Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm with those who say the devs should be more transparent. It is okay to delay stuff in the middle of a pandemic. Others do it as well. It would have been nice if they said: We planned for 9.1 to come out in April. but due to the Pandemic it will be delayed two months. Instead of wasting time congratulating themselves and talking about the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I'm with those who say the devs should be more transparent. It is okay to delay stuff in the middle of a pandemic. Others do it as well. It would have been nice if they said: We planned for 9.1 to come out in April. but due to the Pandemic it will be delayed two months. Instead of wasting time congratulating themselves and talking about the past.
    The whole format was entirely not suitable when you have simply nothing to show. Instead of wasting 20 minutes of my time with recaps they could have just released some blue posts about the next patch, the trailer and done some shoddy Q&A stream for each game over the week. Forcing the whole blizzcon thing was just stupid tbh, At least they didn't have the gall to charge for it .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    everything is tehnicaly an ''asspull'',but this expansion is in no way ''filler'',this expansion is part of the very core of whats happening in the grand scheme of things and will likely be crucial to the general conflict that is coming

fel and arcane is done

void and light is out there and death has been mentioned before as being a big part of it

now we need to learn about what the heck the first ones are and to what they are related

azeroth being born is also a big one if its something we can see in the current time frame
    Shadowlands is literally as important as Legion, if not more. Idk why the guy you're responding to said this was a "filler" expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    No addressing of the anima issue, no word on sanctum building stuff. Worrying.
    What anima issue

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    How so?

I don't really understand what you expected. Live gameplay from the dungeon and the raid?

They revealed the usual aspects of a new patch, new raid, new dungeon, new zone, teased some concept art and some new models, some upcoming system changes (honor talent revamp, updates to torghast, bla bla).

Will probably release around mid to late May, June at the latest.
    Thats 6-7 months of nothing new, why are you talking about this like it's ok? Those are end of expansion drought numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime328 View Post
    Thats 6-7 months of nothing new, why are you talking about this like it's ok? Those are end of expansion drought numbers.
    What's 6-7 months? Expansions with 4 raid tiers usually have each one for 6~ months on average. That's -normal-. Why are you acting like it's the end of the world, or like we're in another 14 month Siege of Orgrimmar draught or whatever?

This is silly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The whole format was entirely not suitable when you have simply nothing to show. Instead of wasting 20 minutes of my time with recaps they could have just released some blue posts about the next patch, the trailer and done some shoddy Q&A stream for each game over the week. Forcing the whole blizzcon thing was just stupid tbh, At least they didn't have the gall to charge for it .
    But they had to congratulate themselves for the 30 year Anniversary. This BlizzCon was like a season of Naruto.

- - - Updated - - -

What's 6-7 months? Expansions with 4 raid tiers usually have each one for 6~ months on average. That's -normal-. Why are you acting like it's the end of the world, or like we're in another 14 month Siege of Orgrimmar draught or whatever?

This is silly.
    It is equally silly to think raiding is all that matters. Even more silly to think the raid will come with the patch. That's Square Enix, not Blizzad. The raid will come out months after most of the patch. That's how it usually goes.

This is silly.
    it's different from previous expansions in that typically the first patch after an expansion is more of a minor one that does not have a full raid tier associated with it. See for example, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.1. All of these patches typically came out 3-4 months after the release of the expansion. Waiting 6-7 months for any new content after the release of a new expansion is only going to cause interest in the game to substantially decrease.

My entire guild has already stopped playing, so the idea of waiting 4 months without anything to bring my friends back kind of sucks.

It is equally silly to think raiding is all that matters.
    It's not. Hence new zone, new dungeon, new questlines, story progression, and all the bells and whistles every patch has.

You don't even make any sense, no one is advocating raids as the unique content on a patch.

I do think they should discuss the matter with the fans and explain that everything is not right because it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    My entire guild has already stopped playing, so the idea of waiting 4 months without anything to bring my friends back kind of sucks.
    So, exactly like most raid-tier intervals, in the history of the game? Again, why is it surprised? ICC was 12 months, Siege was 14 months, Hellfire Citadel was around the same...

Waiting 6 months between raid tiers is perfectly fine, and to be expected. Even if there are a few examples where it was shorter. Rare occasions though.

Sorry that your guild didn't stick around, but that's very typical for first raid tiers on each new expansion, since the 'new smell' fades and people just move on to other adventures for a while. Again, normal, and common.

(also, friendly reminder that an expansion lasts 24 months, frequently with 4 raid tiers, so, 6 months (average) each. If you 'demand'\ask for smaller gaps at the start, that means you will haver -LONGER gaps- at the end, and the reason why we got so many 12-14 months raid tiers as final tiers of an expansion. so yea, let's try and avoid more of those).

reference -> https://i.imgur.com/hhNXuU9.png (missing most of BFA, similar to Legion though)
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-20 at 09:32 PM.

But they had to congratulate themselves for the 30 year Anniversary. This BlizzCon was like a season of Naruto.
    Don't forget sell their premium pack with mounts, pets and other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Don't forget sell their premium pack with mounts, pets and other shit.
    Ah I forgot about the 40 bucks rip-off package, though I guess with the arcade stuff it might be somewhat tolerable if you care about that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    honestly i wouldnt count some of the sanctum stuff as content
    you get a travel network....ok
    anima conductor giving dailies and stuff for a currency you will use for the leggo book
    adventure table
    ember court for cosmetics
    building abominations
    growing wild seeds
    doing a new kinda mage tower with unlockable stuff

arguably the unique stuff from the covenants is as close to content as possible
    between now and launch im gonna take my alt through heroic nathria and aim for all +15s

- - - Updated - - -

im ok with that
    Covenants is the main theme and content outside the usual raiding and dungeons. It IS the content of Shadowlands. No matter if its boring or not.

it gives me more time to get anima from the weeklies
    What you need anima for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    .x cycle, 3 months is for .0.5, raid patches were 6 months apart in the past
    Sorry, you can look up the dates and patch notes, .1 patches have been within the first 3-4 months with raids.

So, exactly like most raid-tier intervals, in the history of the game? Again, why is it surprised? ICC was 12 months, Siege was 14 months, Hellfire Citadel was around the same...

Waiting 6 months between raid tiers is perfectly fine, and to be expected. Even if there are a few examples where it was shorter. Rare occasions though.

Sorry that your guild didn't stick around, but that's very typical for first raid tiers on each new expansion, since the 'new smell' fades and people just move on to other adventures for a while. Again, normal, and common.

(also, friendly reminder that an expansion lasts 24 months, frequently with 4 raid tiers, so, 6 months (average) each. If you 'demand'\ask for smaller gaps at the start, that means you will haver -LONGER gaps- at the end, and the reason why we got so many 12-14 months raid tiers as final tiers of an expansion. so yea, let's try and avoid more of those).

reference -> https://i.imgur.com/hhNXuU9.png (missing most of BFA, similar to Legion though)
    The spacing between raid tiers is fine, but raids arent the only content in the game. Going 6 months after release with absolutely no new content even outside of raiding is unprecedented as far as recent years go. Typically after release we do wait 6 months for a new raid tier, but only 3-4 months for a new dungeon/questing area content. We aren't getting that this time around. That's the issue I think me and a lot of other people are having with it.

I thought they said there was a new zone? From the information given today it seems like there isn't technically a new zone but a new junk of land in an already existing zone, which seems like much less than an actual new zone. I dunno maybe I'm wrong because it also seems like they're trying something new with how they're adding this new "zone". I honestly really hope I'm wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Going 6 months after release with absolutely no new content even outside of raiding is unprecedented as far as recent years go.
    Yea, unprecedented.

WoD 6.0 release -> November 13th 2014
    WoD 6.1 = selfie patch and twitter integration (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...61-patch-notes)
    WoD 6.2 with Tanaan and Hellfire -> June 23rd 2015

So, over 7 months for actual content to be released.

*gasp*

At least wait for the actual content draught to happen before crying about it. The expansion will have been released for 3 months, 2 days from now. Everything points for a -more than normal- 6 month wait for a content patch.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-21 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This feels about right for a patch reveal honestly. I'll say April 20th for the patch, for totally no reason whatsoever related to 4/13.
    yes, for 9.0.5.

9.1 not before somewhere between late june and aug/sep

imo

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    I thought they said there was a new zone? From the information given today it seems like there isn't technically a new zone but a new junk of land in an already existing zone, which seems like much less than an actual new zone. I dunno maybe I'm wrong because it also seems like they're trying something new with how they're adding this new "zone". I honestly really hope I'm wrong....
    It's an addition to the Maw, so technically it's not a new zone. We don't know yet if it's just on the exact same map as the other Maw regions or if the Maw becomes like Argus where it has sub-regions - or did they state anything about that yet? Must have missed it then.

Don't expect Korthia to be as big as Bastion or Ardenweald or any of the other Shadowlands zones. It'll be more in the regions of Broken Shore imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, unprecedented.

WoD 6.0 release -> November 13th 2014
    WoD 6.1 = selfie patch and twitter integration (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...61-patch-notes)
    WoD 6.2 with Tanaan and Hellfire -> June 23rd 2015

So, over 7 months for actual content to be released.

*gasp*

At least wait for the actual content draught to happen before crying about it. The expansion will have been released for 3 months, 2 days from now. Everything points for a -more than normal- 6 month wait for a content patch.
    Using WoD as an example is always backfiring because you shouldn't be comparing any expansion with that except you want to make the other expansion look bad in comparison. It'll be at least 6 months from 9.0 launch to 9.1 (if we go by a May release date, which is optimistic). That's a lot. 7.0 to 7.1 was 2 months, if we go by Nighthold release it was 4.5. 8.0 to 8.1 was 4 months.

I'm not sure if they stated yet if Sanctum of Domination will be released with 9.1 or come with 9.1.5 a few weeks later - in any case an optimistic 6 months from .0 to .1 is quite long and an increase of 50% from the last two expansions.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-02-21 at 08:13 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again