Thread: CringeCon 2021

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Okay I get it's the other meaning being used but when was the last time BlizzCon wasn't artificial in execution?
    Early 2010s, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    If we cant use the word cringe, then what word would you use? Someone already mentioned secondhand embarrasment, but thats pretty long. I personally had to stop watching because it felt too weird.... or ... cringey.
    It's not even cringe though, it's cringeworthy; try embarrassing, or otherwise refer to a thesaurus

As people have said, the word is so overdone that the use of it is the only thing cringe

So tired of seeing this stupid word tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The overuse of the word cringe is cringe. Seriously, why does everyone use that word?
    Because a shit ton if things are cringe because there are so many disgusting normies around.

"Horde let me hear your war cry"

I do wish they stayed on topic... it felt like the entire show could of been two hours if they cut the weird filler.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    "Horde let me hear your war cry"
    Elite Tauren Chieftain was just brilliant cheesy nerd nonsense & I loved it People like Metzen & Didier have personality & charisma, something Blizzcon has lacked for years at this point. Who tf wants to listen to Brack speak about anything? The guy can't even do a decent apology

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Who tf wants to listen to Brack speak about anything? The guy can't even do a decent apology
    "You think I'm sorry, but I'm not."

"Kyrian Take flight! Night fae assemble! ".. or something...

Sorry. None of this covenant shjt will replace For the Horde or the Alliance. Nice try. No one actually gives a ahit about their covenants besides the ability they give.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "You think I'm sorry, but I'm not."
    That's a good one, fair play.

Really though, it's all just so... Sterile & devoid of personality at this point. It's like watching someone you love have their personality completely wiped.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SecretiveDra...prC8EoBE5bSXNT

Aris put words to my thought about Blizzcon.

TLDW; the narrative feels forced when you have these videos of people (the 'community') speaking of grand things of Blizzard and how amazing they are; compared to the reality of what Blizzard actually is/have become.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post

TLDW; the narrative feels forced when you have these videos of people (the 'community') speaking of grand things of Blizzard and how amazing they are; compared to the reality of what Blizzard actually is/have become.
    Thanks for the clip, I wholeheartedly agree. It blows my mind that there are people out there who would consider a company their friend and family, while they are just a customer. If homophobia would promise you higher profits, Blizzard games would be homophobic. Easy as that.

TLDW: "HOW DARE PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE!!!!"

Why the fuck do people watch this guy? I bet he has other super hot takes like, "EA = BAD" and "The Last of Us 2 is SJW BULLSHIT."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfzs View Post
    Thanks for the clip, I wholeheartedly agree. It blows my mind that there are people out there who would consider a company their friend and family, while they are just a customer. If homophobia would promise you higher profits, Blizzard games would be homophobic. Easy as that.
    This is so fucking stupid. If I buy a brand of a product because I prefer it to another brand am I suddenly "befriending" the company? No. So why the fuck do you have to paint Blizzard fans like this? No shit that Blizzard is in it to make money. But this boring fucking take that anybody who has a remotely positive take on the company are somehow brainwashed is some of the most offensive nonsense I see routinely posted on this forum.

TLDW: "HOW DARE PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE!!!!"

Why the fuck do people watch this guy? I bet he has other super hot takes like, "EA = BAD" and "The Last of Us 2 is SJW BULLSHIT."
    You changed the narrative there.

It wasn't about people liking things that other people don't. It's about Blizzard putting such a forced narrative with 'community members' speaking highly of them to the point the Blizzcon stream would have been a few times greater without it. That's the "second-hand embarrassment" that people talk about when it comes to the Blizzcon stream.

To poke on your other point about Aris; no, he's always been one to call things for what it is. He's not anti-SJW or "EA bad" type of person. I know you tried to call a person out for something but you missed completely this time.

You changed the narrative there.

It wasn't about people liking things that other people don't. It's about Blizzard putting such a forced narrative with 'community members' speaking highly of them to the point the Blizzcon stream would have been a few times greater without it. That's the "second-hand embarrassment" that people talk about when it comes to the Blizzcon stream.

To poke on your other point about Aris; no, he's always been one to call things for what it is. He's not anti-SJW or "EA bad" type of person. I know you tried to call a person out for something but you missed completely this time.
    Blizzard isn't "forcing" a fucking narrative if they interview legitimate fucking fans who have legitimate positive opinions. Or is the very possibility that Blizzard still has fans in 2021 simply too far out of your anti-corpo comfort zone?

i thought you want to organize festival for people posting threads like this, it would be fitting name

Missed the con but I’m not even sad.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Kyrian Take flight! Night fae assemble! ".. or something...

Sorry. None of this covenant shjt will replace For the Horde or the Alliance. Nice try. No one actually gives a ahit about their covenants besides the ability they give.
    you maybe dont, a lot of people do, same as a lot of people dont care about alliance or horde, but you seems to care judging by the comment...

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    What are you talking about
    Look up any pic of the rogue where she isn't wearing pants. She has no underwear and her underside is completely exposed. Blizz thought this would be okay to stream to thousands of kids worldwide.

The Amount of toxicity and crying fanboys in this forum is just hilarious.

Everything they do is "cringe" and/or "bad"... or least "THATS all? are they kidding me?!?!?!??!?". I wondering why you even following them. And when i take a look at the blizzcon history they announced much more staff in the last couple of years, then the "good old blizzard" did 10-15 years ago. People these days are just...

Blizzard isn't "forcing" a fucking narrative if they interview legitimate fucking fans who have legitimate positive opinions. Or is the very possibility that Blizzard still has fans in 2021 simply too far out of your anti-corpo comfort zone?
    Very nice opinion you tried to push on me there.

No, that's not my opinion. I'm not "anti-corpo." I just think Blizzard's actions the past years in comparison to the narrative they try to force on people becomes too obvious.

They are not doing it well, basically. Some companies can push that narrative and hold a good image, while all they want it so earn money. Blizard has just been so very bad at it, you become embarrassed for them when you see what they do and have done and still trying to push a 'community video' like this.