... LastLast
    Ya, it was weird.

Dev: "ya, it was a big success and people love it and want more"

Interviewer: "so, are you gonna add more"

Dev: "nah"

Everyone: ???????

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    The forums is full of ideas of how to make elves more cute. Nothing else for the rest of the races....
    there is tons of suggestions about other races, but "that" fanbase just swallow and spam the shit out of the forums

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Ya, it was weird.

Dev: "ya, it was a big success and people love it and want more"

Interviewer: "so, are you gonna add more"

Dev: "nah"

Everyone: ???????
    why add more now, when they can fish people and use it as a sell point/feature for the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is tons of suggestions about other races, but "that" fanbase just swallow and spam the shit out of the forums

- - - Updated - - -

why add more now, when they can fish people and use it as a sell point/feature for the next expansion?
    Cause it’s not an expansion feature?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I was going to say they've done more than enough already in that department for me, but then I remembered Trolls still don't have beards & died a little inside
    You're taking the piss right?

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    You're taking the piss right?
    Not really. I like having a good looking transmog/character, but besides the lack of Troll beards I'm honestly fine with what we currently have. That said, I do only play the "ugly" races really so I don't really care for having several hundred choices for hair Maybe I'd notice it more if I played other races, but right now, the only thing I really look at and go "shit I NEED that option" is a bearded Troll.

Like I said, they've done more than enough for me. I wasn't suggesting it was enough for everyone, & if it came across like that, well, I apologise.

Most suggestions for character customization are pure cringe. I don't want tumblr-tier pretty "scars", tattoos and fat body types in my WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Not really. I like having a good looking transmog/character, but besides the lack of Troll beards I'm honestly fine with what we currently have. That said, I do only play the "ugly" races really so I don't really care for having several hundred choices for hair Maybe I'd notice it more if I played other races, but right now, the only thing I really look at and go "shit I NEED that option" is a bearded Troll.

Like I said, they've done more than enough for me. I wasn't suggesting it was enough for everyone, & if it came across like that, well, I apologise.
    I'm cool with that, and being happy about the current state is cool too.

However, just subjectively, in 16 years adding a small handful of customization is just slack. They can't even offer every eye colour for the half blind options. It's honestly a joke that they're proud of themselves for something half arsed and I feel not seeing that let's them get away with it.
    Last edited by scvd; 2021-02-21 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allied races seriously look more like a bandaid feature now. I enjoyed most but the limitations..
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Its pretty obvious at this point that they are feeling the effects of talent leaving the company. Im sure Morhaime's company down the street is a pretty attractive offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I'm not a tech genius, but I do believe the on-going issue/ challenge for Blizzard is the ridiculously outdated WOW game engine. As far as I understand, and I could be somewhat wrong, but I don't believe I am, all cosmetic and combat-oriented changes require an upgrade to the existing game engine. So the addition of armor dyes or toon customization means: 1st a game engine upgrade then additional artwork and programming. Once again, the game engine greatly limits what Blizzard can and will do for the good of the game. And this is the #1 reason why a new game engine continues to make sense for the long run
    Wrong. According to this person whos actually gave feedback and made adjustments to models and added new hairstyles herself, making these changes js actually really simple. "But muh engine" is not an excuse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    From the Wowhead interview with Jeremy Feasel:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033/...i-rewards-mega

The way the answer is phrased here makes it sound like they don't even have anything in the pipeline. I was honestly expecting them to give us something in 9.1 (especially after waiting such an unusually long time for any news) for the most neglected races that barely have any options to speak of such as nightborne, vulpera and lightforged, as there is now a huge disparity when compared to the races that got updated in 9.0

Blizzard's overall attitude towards character customization has always been really puzzling to me since the industry very well knows how overwhelmingly popular this is in online games and is a relatively easy way to please players, yet Blizzard has historically been lagging far behind the competition with a seemingly very ambivalent attitude towards it.
    The reason WoW does better than most comparable games is not in the last place because it does not do as most of those.

Aesthetical stuff is funny, but a game is ultimately about "functional" stuff for said game.
    It'd be like thinking adding endless new player characters and boards to monopoly will keep improving the game and not just drop off gigantically at some point.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a freaking core feature as one of the selling points... and they have nothing to announce???

Huge dissapointment.. not even kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it sounds a lot like "Corporate gone mad" and giving the developers zero creative freedom or ability to work on side-projects that take little to no time to do. I'm starting to realize why a lot of OG's are leaving Blizzard for greener pastures or to create their own studios, it's shit like this, it's becoming increasingly less about the player enjoyment and more about "What can we create for less"

https://gyazo.com/b62e72191b74e964cf5533732a8c61ff

Taken from Mike's new Studio, key words being "freedom", "flexibility" and "individuality", this is what Blizzard lacks these days and it's in part due to Corporate and I wouldn't be surprised if the increasing corporate/shareholder influence is what made Mike decide "Screw it".

I seriously hope all of this outcry forces them to make some changes to their stance and backflip on that statement, ESPECIALLY given the fact they said it was going to be in ongoing development during Shadowlands but I highly doubt it, Corporate always wins out.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2021-02-21 at 10:08 AM.

They are playing a backward jenga. They do stuff for immediate gain (gold from mission table, new allied races etc) and then try to keep their shit together when the consequence and maintenance of these things start to fall down on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cause it’s not an expansion feature?
    it was the feature of shadowlands , taking palce of a new race and a new class

Low key I want the Chinese Necrolord model

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it was the feature of shadowlands , taking palce of a new race and a new class
    Except you don't NEED the expansion to access the features, meaning it's not an expansion feature.

It was just released at the same time of the new expansion.

Except you don't NEED the expansion to access the features, meaning it's not an expansion feature.

Being deliberately obtuse is not cute or entertaining.

It's an expansion feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Being deliberately obtuse is not cute or entertaining.

It's an expansion feature.
    Being deliberately arrogant is not cute or entertaining.

It’s NOT an expansion feature.

Being deliberately arrogant is not cute or entertaining.

It’s NOT an expansion feature.
    Makes you wonder why it's on the Shadowlands expansion page. :^)

7+ Year Old Account

just because you don't need the expansion don't mean it was not a sell point for the shadowlands, it would be obtuse to lock that.

They said they were not doing allied races or a new class to focus on the new customizations, so they were a feature of shadowlands