Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I played wow since Vanilla and TBC was still one of my favorite ones. I was maybe the only one on my server that played as a paladin-tank back then (and yes, i always said that i can tank that, they didn't believed me until i did it and everyone was astouned how good paladin tank was in TBC), and nope, i never used fear as an CC, because the one time some warlock wanted to try fear back then he fucked it up. Might it be different nowadays: Maybe, but back then they fucked it up, EVERY SINGLE TIME with exactly 1 exception back then: when a warlock prevented a wipe and he feared the last mob away from me after the healer died in Shadow Labyrinth; i used a mana pot, healed myself, killed it and resurrected the group.

And using curse-swap is something you might have done in a TBC-Private Server, but back then this was pretty much unknown. Maybe it was different on your server, but i never saw it, since we simply never feared in a dungeon.
    It was risky sure, And polymorph is obviously a lot safer but when you have orcs beating down on your healer. Its completely valid to throw off a fear and carefully watch as it runs down the right corridor/aimlessly in a big room

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And they get to keep that progress on the vanilla servers
    But it should still move forward in some aspects like your TBC character should be able to be inspected and see that you achieved rank 14 in Classic or whatnot. It would make sense.

It was risky sure, And polymorph is obviously a lot safer but when you have orcs beating down on your healer. Its completely valid to throw off a fear and carefully watch as it runs down the right corridor/aimlessly in a big room
    Nothing against it, but i had enough of my share when some warlock tried to use fear back then as a mage use polymorph, and pulled half of the corridor in Hellfire Ramparts. Using fear as you said was ok, but as you said this was the case if you lose aggro to the healer.

But a big part of it was that in TBC with my Tank-Paladin i explizitely said that we don't need poly, and except for some exceptions, it was really not necessary. I say it now as back then: Paladin-tank is the best tank in TBC and who needs CC when you have consecration, Holy Shield and pull with Avenger's Shield, it is simply not necessary to use any kind of CC at all. With the exception in Mana Vault, where a Warlock actually has to use his CC, but the good banish, not Fear.

And another one is that you simply almost never lose aggro as a paladin. Paladins are aggro-monsters back then and i never had any real issues with losing aggro to a healer, with the exception that i A: died, B: stuck in a CC or C: fucked something up, pulled one to much or missed a pat. But even back then, using Divine Shield and cancelling it was so convenient, and the paladin-taunt was kind of overpowered and i loved it (just cast it on the healer, and every mob runs straight back to you)

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    But it should still move forward in some aspects like your TBC character should be able to be inspected and see that you achieved rank 14 in Classic or whatnot. It would make sense.
    Yeah im not opposed to that by any means.

I just think its kind of silly people would play older games and think they get to keep those achievements. Its a trip down memory lane, I dont know why someone would be impressed that they actually bothered to farm high warlord in a 16 year old game

Yeah it's a joke of the year, and even not-so-out-of-season-april-fools-joke you could think since that's about the date when TBC is supposed to release, right?

Maybe this company should stop making games and start selling pancakes,idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    You do realise classic tbc will use 2.4.3 which let you get a mount at level 30 for a combined training/mount cost of 65 gold, right? This isn't such a big deal.

Yeah im not opposed to that by any means.

I just think its kind of silly people would play older games and think they get to keep those achievements. Its a trip down memory lane, I dont know why someone would be impressed that they actually bothered to farm high warlord in a 16 year old game
    Hey, it's still an achievement. I hit rank 12 and that shit was rough. I have mad respect for anybody who stuck with it to rank 14. Had I continued at the same rate I was going, I wouldn't have been able to even hit rank 14. 13 was barely doable. Then or now it doesn't matter too much. The game might be 16 years old, but this specific version of the game only existed for 2 years. This is also the official version of the game unlike a private server. I can see why it matters to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Oh no, you can skip the outdated and boring part of leveling (for old races only) in the re-release of a 14 year old game, the sky is fucking falling!
    BC is about farming 5mans and raids, not about leveling anyway.
    or levelling. Or PvP. Or questing with the new talents. The game is about what the player wants it to be about. Not what you say it is about. I am not arguing re: the boost, I support it. I am disagreeing with your statement that the game is about 5 mans and raids. What it's about for you personally is just your choice, the game means other things to others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    How you can equate a boost option to child exploitation baffles me. Doubly ironic considering most TBC classic players are probably old hands in their 30s by now.

"Outrageous"
    "Disrespectful"
    "Slap in the face"
    "Me no like it make it bad"

Meanwhile we have people boosting with gold and irl cash transactions that cannot be feasibly traced/banned.

Honestly if you have a problem with, may I suggest just quitting? I think it would be for the best of everyone. If you’re the type of person to be crying about this I think you’re doing more harm than the change itself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    People can't read apparently, one boost for account that's it end of story and end of thread.
    Apparently you can't read either.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So? One time is more than enough to ruin the experience.
    Whose Experience? Yours? Don't use the boost. It won't be ruining my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont use fear in dungeons? Someones never played TBC.
    literally played the entire way through original TBC. The only people that feared in dungeons were bads.

Yea man, all that skill picked up whilst leveling a priest with mind blast -> sw -> WAND for 30 secs, every single mob!

How can you miss out on those >100h of practice! those will make you a beast of a healer

Have you heard of muscle memory? While you are wanding down those boars you are learning where your spells are, increasing reaction times and familiarity with your spells
    It's probably not a good thing that your muscle memory will cause you to start wanding since rarely used your other spells yes that's true. It will quickly get you booted from groups so in this example you're right, it's better to use the boost.

This settles it for me. It brings the instant gratification crowd from retail that was kept out of Classic. I see people say it doesn’t matter because the game is at level 70 anyway and the rest is just a nuisance. For me it’s about community and not repeating the mistakes in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    This settles it for me. It brings the instant gratification crowd from retail that was kept out of Classic. I see people say it doesn’t matter because the game is at level 70 anyway and the rest is just a nuisance. For me it’s about community and not repeating the mistakes in retail.
    Boosts didn't kill off retail, you would know this if you played it all since WoD.

it kills the old world

I played since 2007. I didn’t say it killed retail, please re-read. However, instant gratification is a big part of why the community spirit is dead, but of course not the only thing. You couldn’t buy a pre-made in TBC, that came later. It shouldn’t be in the Classic TBC version and for me that is a deal breaker. It looks like this is the end of the road for me. I stopped playing retail and only TBC would have brought me back and now that won’t happen.

I don't think its worth being dramatic over, when they release that pre-patch the amount of ppl who will level palas and shaman will dwarf the amount of ppl who buy another class at 58. when it comes to instant gratification, I'm not sure what is that gratifying about a level 58 clad in dungeon blues with a level 40 mount and no profession. by the time gate opens there will be a ton of ppl who levelled manually. in a lot of ways the premade is pointless if you actually want to play the game yourself. I would rather use it on an alt than my new main. everyone who wants a pala on the horde or a shaman on the alliance is still going to have to go through the motions and when they do that, anyone else will have the opportunity to level along side them easily enough, there won't be a shortage of ppl levelling thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I don't think its worth being dramatic over, when they release that pre-patch the amount of ppl who will level palas and shaman will dwarf the amount of ppl who buy another class at 58. when it comes to instant gratification, I'm not sure what is that gratifying about a level 58 clad in dungeon blues with a level 40 mount and no profession. by the time gate opens there will be a ton of ppl who levelled manually. in a lot of ways the premade is pointless if you actually want to play the game yourself. I would rather use it on an alt than my new main. everyone who wants a pala on the horde or a shaman on the alliance is still going to have to go through the motions and when they do that, anyone else will have the opportunity to level along side them easily enough, there won't be a shortage of ppl levelling thats for sure.
    I think it’s will have repercussions on the amount of people levelling in the world and also on things like the economy where hordes of premades will get a head start on the AH and professions.
    Last edited by tyranade; 2021-02-21 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Corrected auto spelling errors