Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Here's the issue with only having Tier 4 at launch: It's very boring because most of the raid bosses aren't that interesting, hard in some cases sure especially with pre-nerf values but interesting? Mag and to a degree Shade of Aran.

People will get sick of running Tier 4 very quickly. Half of the gear you'll see drop will be disenchanted on week 1 you do it because pre-raid options are superior and in a few weeks you'll end up doing it purely for weapons, trinkets, relics that even with Tier 5 you'd still want.

As for other things outside of raiding? You'll be done as a NORMAL player in a few weeks with that minus perhaps getting all the crafted items ( largely because shitty economy ).

So enjoy having that to do for months.
    TBC had much more launch content at endgame then classic wow did(even with "only" tier 4).

Your theory is debunked

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    3 months? then another 4 of phase 2 before BT?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they are basing it off of 2.4.3 with level 30 mounting and leveling speed tuning. They also confirmed the classes will be based on that same patch. Im sure itemization will be too?
    Was there many items that had their stats changed during the course of TBC? I seem to recall some karazhan epics, or was it like all T4 loot? I mostly played warrior and I dont recall any big item stats changes atleast to plate/melee loot.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Just like they creamed over Classic being some fantastic not nostalgia-ridden, retail-killing creation.

And yet... it wasn't. Most raid content was blown through in less than a day, TBC isn't going to be any different, because fundamentally, people know way more now than they did then. They know where to get the best leveling gear, the best heroic content start gear, how to blast through the 'hard modes' for the attunements, etc.

It's going to be a big ol' pile of hot mess like Classic is, with a plethora of the mouthbreathers claiming it ISNT nostalgia, whining.

Cant wait.
    Mate, maybe you should get a hobby rather than focusing your free time on posting in the forums of a game you hate and try to convince people who have had fun on it for one year and a half that they are wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    People would flat out skip T4 if they could just go straight to T5. T3/Naxx gear is stronger than 90% of drops until TK/SSC and some go even further than that. High end guilds would have no incentive other than Attunement for T5 to ever touch T4 content.
    Full tbc pre raid bis is slightly better than full naxx gear, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Not that I agree with the op but I wont let slide ignorant posts like this.

Just looking at caster weapons and it's blatantly obvious..

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=22807/wraith-blade
    http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=27868
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-02-21 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Full tbc pre raid bis is slightly better than full naxx gear, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Not that I agree with the op but I wont let slide ignorant posts like this.

Just looking at caster weapons and it's blatantly obvious..

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=22807/wraith-blade
    http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=27868
    "blatantly obvious" ? It's arguable that the first weapon might be actually better than the second...

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    "blatantly obvious" ? It's arguable that the first weapon might be actually better than the second...
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...ezim_Mindblade

Thats from kara though. Why would you skip that?

That being said ppl would still mostly skip t4 because they still wouldnt need t4 to beat t5 and gearing is faster in tbc.

I didnt read your other post. You are absolutely right
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2021-02-21 at 10:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    TBC had much more launch content at endgame then classic wow did(even with "only" tier 4).

Your theory is debunked
    On paper, do you know how much those dungeons and reputations actually matter? Very little. You will get revered with them, much of that process of rep grinding happening while leveling, and then stop with the exception of 1-2 reputations for the exalted items you actually care.

Heroic dungeons? Same deal, a few that drop items you want, some that give good badges and then nada.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    People would flat out skip T4 if they could just go straight to T5. T3/Naxx gear is stronger than 90% of drops until TK/SSC and some go even further than that. High end guilds would have no incentive other than Attunement for T5 to ever touch T4 content.
    People would often skip T4, yes, but not because "nax/t3 gear is better", but because T4 sets were notoriously badly itemized and the bonuses sucked ass, so random crafts and drops were better. Some epic items in TBC were substantially buffed in 2.1, but even before that, replacing naxx gear was a heroic dungeon at best thing rofl (excluding items that didn't receive proper scaling and / or effects such as Atiesh).

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    On paper, do you know how much those dungeons and reputations actually matter? Very little. You will get revered with them, much of that process of rep grinding happening while leveling, and then stop with the exception of 1-2 reputations for the exalted items you actually care.

Heroic dungeons? Same deal, a few that drop items you want, some that give good badges and then nada.
    Dungeons are a gearing tool for pre raid. Just like they always where before m+.

I'm not sure what point you think you are getting across here

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well, they are basing it off of 2.4.3 with level 30 mounting and leveling speed tuning. They also confirmed the classes will be based on that same patch. Im sure itemization will be too?
    Most likely, mainly because it would take manhours to have all the gear updated with Phase 3. I don't think they are willing to do that.
    But seeing how they are talking about prenerf stuff gives me some hope. A tiny one though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Was there many items that had their stats changed during the course of TBC? I seem to recall some karazhan epics, or was it like all T4 loot? I mostly played warrior and I dont recall any big item stats changes atleast to plate/melee loot.
    Almost all of T4 loot, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It is not by any stretch of the imagination but I reckon you don't even know that % based secondary stats are heavily nerfed come tbc

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...ezim_Mindblade

Thats from kara though. Why would you skip that?

That being said ppl would still mostly skip t4 because they still wouldnt need t4 to beat t5 and gearing is faster in tbc.

I didnt read your other post. You are absolutely right
    I don't disagree that T3 would be replaced by T4. I just found the post I answered pretty stupid due to how bad the example was chosen, and especially egregious considering the poster claimed the other was clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Just like they creamed over Classic being some fantastic not nostalgia-ridden, retail-killing creation.

And yet... it wasn't. Most raid content was blown through in less than a day, TBC isn't going to be any different, because fundamentally, people know way more now than they did then. They know where to get the best leveling gear, the best heroic content start gear, how to blast through the 'hard modes' for the attunements, etc.

It's going to be a big ol' pile of hot mess like Classic is, with a plethora of the mouthbreathers claiming it ISNT nostalgia, whining.

Cant wait.
    Look ma! A jealous hater!

If it was only nostalgia then it would be dead by now and no one would be playing. Yet it's still very much alive and TBC will be even moreso.

Stop foaming at the mouth because retail has been steaming garbage for years and can't even compete with 15+ year old games lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Why must it be?
    Because he say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but no. Why:

BECAUSE IT WILL NOT MATTER.

Blizzard will not wait for months to start phase 2, they just don't want the rush at the beginning for tier 5.
    What will happen is that phase 1 will be there for around i think around 3-5 weeks and then phase 2 will get released.

It is simply bad press when people are 1 month into tbc in full tier 5 gear, skipping t4 alltogether.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Two big red flags here. The "you don't know better if you didn't play on private servers" and the "Blizzard are lazy". So in short you're a criminal who can't think for himself and allows echo chambers to control what he thinks.
    Dude what? A criminal?

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Dude what? A criminal?
    Don't tell me you're one of those "digital piracy isn't a crime" people? You admitted yourself to playing on private servers. Pretty sure that's infractable. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't trust anything you have to say.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't tell me you're one of those "digital piracy isn't a crime" people? You admitted yourself to playing on private servers. Pretty sure that's infractable. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't trust anything you have to say.
    Holy shit, you're right. Have you rung the police yet? There is no better fitting place than jail for this law breaker!

Ok I'm a criminal now. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I guess you havent played much on any private server. Content will get cleared very fast. I also assume that blizzard as lazy as they are with 2.4.3 will launch, so not pre nerf. SSC und TK from the beginning is the best bet
    Everything being cleared very fast is exactly why SSC and TK should be held back at the beginning.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death