Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    It's too much if you consider that blizzard doesn't change the rotations every expansion. Why is it important? Well we don't want to do the same rotation for 10 years. We want big and fun changes. Survival hunter was definitely not the right change
    I actually find Survival to be a very fun spec. To each their own I suppose....

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Yea. Unfortunately what you say is true. The desire to try out a new class is more appealing to most players than trying to rediscover an old spec.

Which sorta means that specs like SV, Demo, Arcane are probably on life support and Blizzard knows and is deliberately choosing to ignore them.
    With most of the specs being as simple as they are today i can "rediscover" an entirely new spec in about 5 minutes.

Back in Cata/mop learning a new spec was something completely different then what it is today.

If they want to keep specs as simple as they are today they need to pump out a new class each expansion to keep the interest going imo.

Class balance beyond the 10% range isnt as important in reality for far most of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    With most of the specs being as simple as they are today i can "rediscover" an entirely new spec in about 5 minutes.

Back in Cata/mop learning a new spec was something completely different then what it is today.

If they want to keep specs as simple as they are today they need to pump out a new class each expansion to keep the interest going imo.

Class balance beyond the 10% range isnt as important in reality for far most of the playerbase.
    Is this the same playerbase that was going to pick covenants based on what they personal identified with?

Because we have the numbers now people who do "lol so random" are at best an extreme finge minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Is this the same playerbase that was going to pick covenants based on what they personal identified with?

Because we have the numbers now people who do "lol so random" are at best an extreme finge minority.
    isnt as important in reality
    i'm not saying people dont follow the queen bee. I'm saying for most of them there is no need to do that.

.... should actually try and save some current ones first before anything new can be thought of.
    This right here. The same people whining for new classes are the same ones crying about how Blizzard can't maintain the current 36 specs. And they want to add 2-4 MORE?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    This right here. The same people whining for new classes are the same ones crying about how Blizzard can't maintain the current 36 specs. And they want to add 2-4 MORE?!?!
    Whats your source on this?

i'm not saying people dont follow the queen bee. I'm saying for most of them there is no need to do that.
    I mean I rather focus on the reality of what would happen... worse when you hear people talk about " new classes" they can rarely think of any new mechanics that are missing or would be a positive to the game. They go on about derpy things like turrets able to deny areas and off risk free damage or spamming pets for indirect combat or simply wholesale copying another specs spells...

The problem with trying to design classes is wow effectively already had 36 of them. There isn't many niches left...

I feel like a majority of the people asking for a new class are the same players who play for 3 weeks at every new Expansion/Patch release only to disappear completely from the game for months. If you actually play the game regularly you'll know that balancing what we have now is enough to keep them busy and if you can't find a spec or class you like across what we have, then WoW might not be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean I rather focus on the reality of what would happen... worse when you hear people talk about " new classes" they can rarely think of any new mechanics that are missing or would be a positive to the game. They go on about derpy things like turrets able to deny areas and off risk free damage or spamming pets for indirect combat or simply wholesale copying another specs spells...

The problem with trying to design classes is wow effectively already had 36 of them. There isn't many niches left...
    There are plenty of unused archetypes. If you dont have the fantasy to come up with a different rotation then what we currently have you probably shouldnt be a class designer in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I feel like a majority of the people asking for a new class are the same players who play for 3 weeks at every new Expansion/Patch release only to disappear completely from the game for months. If you actually play the game regularly you'll know that balancing what we have now is enough to keep them busy and if you can't find a spec or class you like across what we have, then WoW might not be for you.
    It doesnt take that big of a brain to reduce boomkin/shadowpriest/fire mage overall and hunters aoe burst. If you do that most specs will be within an acceptable range of eachother. I'm still playing but i'd definitely be happer with a new class or two each expansion. There is literally no reason for me to play an alt right now because they are all so damn simple to play and i know all their rotations

Nope, disagree... Reason why people want new classes is because of new gameplay and new fantasies.
    It has absolutely 0 to do with balancing. The balance argument comes from people who don't want new classes, which is just countered with "so?". I talk mostly from my own perspective in that I don't think having a new class impacts balancing whatsoever. Balancing and having a new class is separate from each other.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

There are plenty of unused archetypes. If you dont have the fantasy to come up with a different rotation then what we currently have you probably shouldnt be a class designer in the first place

- - - Updated - - -
    It doesnt take that big of a brain to reduce boomkin/shadowpriest/fire mage overall and hunters aoe burst. If you do that most specs will be within an acceptable range of eachother. I'm still playing but i'd definitely be happer with a new class or two each expansion. There is literally no reason for me to play an alt right now because they are all so damn simple to play and i know all their rotations
    But why do you need a new class for that? If they worked on the classes they had and made the specs more fun/diverse that would be a much better solution to everything.

Don't think I have heard that before tbh... it's the one who complains about the current 36 specs that say we shouldn't have classes. While people who want to have new classes always counter with that there will always be balance issues.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I enjoy survival, but they made MM too fun this time around. Those big Aimed hits feel deadly. The grenade for survival just feels weird too, I feel like it should be a PBAoE effect (like blizzard/flamestrike) instead of this awkward cone thing it is. It's another reason I don't like it, MM aoe is easy and smooth.

I still want more classes and specs.

I'm still hoping they add a chloromancer similar to Rift. Plant based, very bright colorful blasts of energy, heal through dealing damage, damage over time effects, a debuff that gives you leech, one or two single target heal over time effects and maybe one aoe heal with a decent CD. It's a far far far off dream of mine, that was my favorite spec in that game and i'm sad it's gone from the world. Rest in peace Chloromancer! You will be missed forever and ever!
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only want a new class because the game desperately needs a technology based class. Once that is obtained, then we really won’t need anymore classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You kinda contradict yourself. The fact they didnt make a new class and balance is iffy(and always will be) just proves that it doesnt matter if they add 100 new classes or none.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    But why do you need a new class for that? If they worked on the classes they had and made the specs more fun/diverse that would be a much better solution to everything.
    Reworking classes each expansion certainly is a solution yeah.

Definitely.

Thats one of the problems shadowlands has right now.

We dont have tier sets and we already got our legendaries. Right now our classes arent evolving at all. They are completely stale already

One thing does not impede the other. We should have had a new class this expansion. The excuse was to fix the current classes. Well, if we ignore the fact Blizz is the one that willingly gutted the classes with Legion, there are still specs broken.
    It's just incompetence. There will always be broken specs, even if we never have new classes again.

So, yes. Even if half the specs were broken, i'd still want new classes. Cause it's on them to fix the messes they make. I don't see why i should get less content because of it.
    And lets be honest here. The way things are going, everyone plays the top 6 specs anyways on a competitive level. So, if they are within 10% it won't be a big deal for the rest of the community that just wants to have fun.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-02-21 at 04:06 PM.

.... should actually try and save some current ones first before anything new can be thought of.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26

https://imgur.com/a/5LqcE8L

In the picture above, I am not even looking at the DPS score of the various spec. That's a matter of balance which Blizzard can tune when they want. I am looking at the number of parses for some specs. The number of parses are effectively a snapshot of the relative popularity of the various specs in Mythic CN. While Mythic CN might not be the end all of everything WoW, but it is a good benchmark for the purpose of this discussion.

As we see, some of the specs barely have 2K parses, while SV is at like 500. That's how unpopular these specs are. IMHO, Blizzard must first attempt to make these dying specs more popular as against introducing a new class.

This is just for DPS specs; we can do the same exercise for tank and healing specs.
    You should clearly learn how to read that kind of stats before you make a post and trying to discuss current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    the sooner the playbase accepts that the better. You are NEVER going to balance all the classes. Unless you made all the classes the same.

I am personally more class uniqueness over class balance, going into WoW I was aware in 2005 that I was going to be weak in some areas. This dates back to my time playing in the old D&D days.

The best Blizzard can do is try and at least have 1 sort of big unique thing for every class that makes them good in their role so they can then be appealing to play. Classes aint unique anymore because people have constantly been whining about balance so they stripped away appealing gameplay over trying to balance classes, I honestly don.t feel you can have unique and balance on equal footing, and I actually feel bad for Blizzard becuase they gotta appeal to both sides on this and you really can't. At least to the stretch people want.
    if blizzard didnt add in stupid systems like Heart of Azeroth essences/armor and the convenient stuff. it would be easier to balance.
    they should have stayed with the legion style stuff.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    if blizzard didnt add in stupid systems like Heart of Azeroth essences/armor and the convenient stuff. it would be easier to balance.
    they should have stayed with the legion style stuff.
    agree, it creates massive issues to characters once they are removed int he lead up to the next expansion to.