Thread: CringeCon 2021

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah, that part really stood out. Like seriously, who is taking the game that seriously to RP like that for freaking covenants? I doubt even the kids do.

Doesn't really help that the speakers are just game devs and not charismatic public speakers.
    I'm honestly not sure i'd give two shits about blizzcon if we didnt get to see/hear the actual nerds(in a good way) talking about the actual stuff they make.
    There is literally nothing i'd want less then polished creamed up extrovert *presenting* things.

I'd hoped for at least one CGI cinematic either for WoW or OW. I got neither so... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

You can quite clearly see that it's modeled in much, much more detail than just a "blank texture".
    Overexpose the picture and you'll see she's wearing underwear(with creases) and the colour matches the rest of the leather she's wearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfzs View Post
    Relax! You can like a Blizzard game and not consider yourself a friend or being part of the family of the company. Yet, the Blizzcon intro with the "community" speaking was suggesting exactly that. That we are not just customers but part of that cool Blizzard family that is open to everyone (well, of course it is for obvious reasons).

I fanboy for other shit, so I am not better. But it is simply mind blowing how easy that stuff works.

Hope you had some time to calm down a bit.
    I have a number of QAnon supporters in my family and I have to deal with their deflective conspiracy theories on a regular basis; not an excuse, but because of it I have a very low tolerance for the type of unproductive insular cynicism that Aris was sharing in that clip. Yeah -- it's cheesy when megacorporations try to pretend they're people, too. I don't think that's a particularly daring take. But when you take that fact and twist the narrative to fit a scenario where Blizzard is a "Chinese Godzilla" with some kind of malicious intent against its former playerbase... that's probably pushing things a bit too far and why I responded the way I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Overexpose the picture and you'll see she's wearing underwear(with creases) and the colour matches the rest of the leather she's wearing.
    Those "creases" are not what you think they are

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people generally just post random nonsense to increase their post count? I can't think why people are still posting here.

Does this post count as doing that???

Guys you need to stop wasting your time mass responding and just block otaXephon, the kid clearly has no life and spends all day spam posting - just trying to reach 10k. Save yourself your valuable time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Do people generally just post random nonsense to increase their post count? I can't think why people are still posting here.

Does this post count as doing that???
    You literally posted that as I was thinking the exact same thing, hence my direction at this tool.

I absolutely do think they went overboard with bullshit talks without substance this Blizzcon, but I also dislike the "CRIIIIIIINGE" being used after every other word, OP. It, too, get's annoying.
    P.S.
    You people really think the rogue does have her private parts modeled? In Blizzard game? Get real, she has her panties on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Guys you need to stop wasting your time mass responding and just block otaXephon, the kid clearly has no life and spends all day spam posting - just trying to reach 10k. Save yourself your valuable time.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally posted that as I was thinking the exact same thing, hence my direction at this tool.
    Do I need to link you to my Patreon?

My top 3 funny moments:

1) Classic Hearthstone (I laughed so much)

2) When the guy compared Diablo 2 remastered with "just like what we did with Starcraft" instead of saying Warcraft 3 reforged which is more recent.

3) When the guy, after all the announcements of retro games had to tell us "oh dont worry, we are not just a retro company, we are working on new projects also! Which we will reveal in the future"

Announcements never came

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    My top 3 funny moments:

2) When the guy compared Diablo 2 remastered with "just like what we did with Starcraft" instead of saying Warcraft 3 reforged which is more recent.

3) When the guy, after all the announcements of retro games had to tell us "oh dont worry, we are not just a retro company, we are working on new projects also! Which we will reveal in the future"

Announcements never came
    WC3 is a remake, D2 and SC2 are remasters. There is actually a quite big difference.

D2 remaster is going to be polish running upon the old game. Wc3 was a redesign of the engine and everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Your thread is more cringe, imo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

duno about cringe but ion looked rinsed like he has been on a meth binge

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    WC3 is a remake, D2 and SC2 are remasters. There is actually a quite big difference.

D2 remaster is going to be polish running upon the old game. Wc3 was a redesign of the engine and everything
    I still dont get the difference But thanks for pointing it out
    I thought he was avoiding like the plague saying the name of Warcraft reforged

I still dont get the difference But thanks for pointing it out
    I thought he was avoiding like the plague saying the name of Warcraft reforged
    Oh they probably are. Like quite literally. But they are not only avoiding it by not speaking about reforged, they are avoiding it by not doing the same thing.

In wc3:reforged they not only made the game look "better". They changed the code and how the game actually played to make the gameplay smoother and stuff. Which resulted in the game just quite literally being different. They also do balance changes and stuff like that.

In D2 they are not going to change anything in the code as to make the game play differently. The old game is literally running beneath the new polished graphics makeover. They are then also adding a few things like shared stash.

In essence:
    Wc3 recieved cosmetic surgery and ended up looking like an older hollywood star turned plastic doll.

D2 gets a heavy layer of makeup(that you can actually wash off if you want) but its still the same face underneath
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2021-02-21 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I'd hoped for at least one CGI cinematic either for WoW or OW. I got neither so... meh.
    yeah, wtf? they threw one CGI after the other back in BFA when no one expected it and now, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I absolutely do think they went overboard with bullshit talks without substance this Blizzcon, but I also dislike the "CRIIIIIIINGE" being used after every other word, OP. It, too, get's annoying.
    P.S.
    You people really think the rogue does have her private parts modeled? In Blizzard game? Get real, she has her panties on.
    I would just like it if blizz con was about video games and not a weird personal blog about how covid exists. You can fit the entire blizzcon stream in to about 2 hours were they talk about games and be done with it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

You can quite clearly see that it's modeled in much, much more detail than just a "blank texture".
    Wow... I knoe the game is going to be rated M in all but this is just no

Uhh.. I'm kinda glad that Rastakhan was actually textured wearing underwear lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Kyrian Take flight! Night fae assemble! ".. or something...

Sorry. None of this covenant shjt will replace For the Horde or the Alliance. Nice try. No one actually gives a ahit about their covenants besides the ability they give.
    Same. I would probably actually care a bit about the Night Fae if they didn't just shoehorn Bwonsamdi in and make him be all "Mah Qween..". Sigh
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Rammstein is still the best.
    Agreed. But apparently, me (35) and my dad (62) as so old that it's "cringe" how we listen to Rammstein, according to my cousin's 14-year old when he heard that we were looking to buy tickets for a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Elite Tauren Chieftain was just brilliant cheesy nerd nonsense & I loved it People like Metzen & Didier have personality & charisma, something Blizzcon has lacked for years at this point. Who tf wants to listen to Brack speak about anything? The guy can't even do a decent apology
    Agreed with you until the end. Why do you feel you're entitled to be apologized for not liking something subjective?

- - - Updated - - -

My top 3 funny moments:

Announcements never came
    Was gonna reply to you but saw ClassicPeon right below beat me to it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.