Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You're shocked that, over half a decade later, Blizzard is still making you engage in content to earn flying when they wanted to eliminate it themselves? No one was "tricked". And, just like Argus, only idiots thought that flight would be enabled at some point. Besides Argus being the Legion's Homeworld and the "unofficial Hell" of Warcraft, it was never designed with flight in mind. It uses the same 2D tricks that Vanilla/Classic/BC used. The Maw, which is the literal Hell of Warcraft, probably uses a lot of the same tricks. And Korthia isn't a new zone, it is a sub-zone of the Maw, so you shouldn't be surprised there either.

The Next Expansion WILL have Pathfinder unless they decide to go back to the BC/Wrath design model where zones had content that required flight in order to reach such as Storm Peaks and Icecrown. But given what happened with flight in Cataclysm, that is probably not going to happen. So you either learn to accept it oyur visit here and cancel. Those are your two options.
    Different tricks. Vanilla and Silvermoon in TBC used "stage illusion" tricks where some building were missing parts if viewed from the wrong angle, Argus used the sky box to give the illusion of a much larger landmass.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Hoping Blizzard changes course on some of the things they've done that drove me away. Whether I like it or not MMOC does have that pulse to provide relevant information even if one had to dig thru the hysteria of some of these threads to get to it.

WQ travel time was one of the things that drove me out, I see that you at least partially share that concern.
    same reason i keep track of whats going on. hoping things improve so i actually have a reason to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    No, flying should be removed.
    Were you spouting this nonsense in MOP as well? No one was whining about flying then, this just suddenly BECAME an issue because they removed flying in WoD to make the world look bigger and for the treasure to make sense since we had almost no outoor content.
    And not even sure why the hell you would want flying removed. We don't have it for leveling but for max level? Danger? Immersion? When you are doing repeatable quests over and over? At one point, you start playing less because of the tedium so give me a break. And pvp? With lfg tool it will never ever be balanced and it never was to begin with. ONE reason, one good reason that makes sense, instead of droning like parrots.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Hoping Blizzard changes course on some of the things they've done that drove me away. Whether I like it or not MMOC does have that pulse to provide relevant information even if one had to dig thru the hysteria of some of these threads to get to it.

WQ travel time was one of the things that drove me out, I see that you at least partially share that concern.
    oh for sure you can always hope, i just dont think they (like many other companies) can admit any wrong doing. they will ride their mistake until they have 1 sub left and ion will still say he is right. MMO is a pulse, but it is not the pulse of the majority. even if thousands of people come here to comment, its usually the people who are mad about "X". it doesnt even come CLOSE to the majority of the game players. the problem is that blizzard DOES listen to them and thus the squeaky wheel gets the grease and blizzards attitude of "doing this for the majority". it is similar to product review. you rarely get truth out of them because the people that are telling the truth are the people who had bad experiences. the ones that positive reviews are typically the minority and/or just flat ass lies.

Tricked? Why are you surprised at all? We already know exactly why they don't make flying available from the start everywhere.

I'm just happy to have the affordable anti-daze barding that I can slap on all my characters. It helps a LOT. Could you imagine flying in the Maw? It'd be a joke. I'm getting my teeth kicked in as a fresh 60 and actually having to use my abilities instead of lightly breathing on things for them to fall over or flying over them. Once you can do that, they stop being obstacles.

Flying is a convenience unlock once you've already done the content "as intended", balanced around not flying. The only thing I wish they had kept would be the flight master's whistle. That and the zones have been relatively flat, particularly the maw, so compared to something like Legion the glider kits are less useful (though still crazy useful in Revendreth).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

simply making flying and no flying servers would bury this topic once and for all lol
    Last edited by chaoticcrono; 2021-02-21 at 04:02 PM.

its great for alts, that said, ion confirmed that it will be usable on 50 toon

after that...its normal to not giving flying in new zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    oh for sure you can always hope, i just dont think they (like many other companies) can admit any wrong doing. they will ride their mistake until they have 1 sub left and ion will still say he is right. MMO is a pulse, but it is not the pulse of the majority. even if thousands of people come here to comment, its usually the people who are mad about "X". it doesnt even come CLOSE to the majority of the game players. the problem is that blizzard DOES listen to them and thus the squeaky wheel gets the grease and blizzards attitude of "doing this for the majority". it is similar to product review. you rarely get truth out of them because the people that are telling the truth are the people who had bad experiences. the ones that positive reviews are typically the minority and/or just flat ass lies.
    There is absolutely nothing here I can disagree with, which is why I uninstalled as well as unsubbed. I can always re-install if it ever becomes necessary.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The original plan was to have something like Pathfinder anyway, and what massive savings would they make that could possibly counter losing sales of flying mounts? Is it really so hard to see that content like the the MoP Islands, Molten Front and Isle of Quel'danas were well received and since experiments with flying stalled back in WotLK it made sense to bring the open-world endgame content in line with the leveling, dungeon, raid,arena and battlegrounds.

BTW the issues with finishing zones for flying were things like invisible walls or mid-air dismounts that should have easier to clean up while building the zone. Keeping them in for later removal would be a false economy.
    Molten front was well received? it was rehashed bullshit...

Molten front was fine, it was a month of dailies combined with some story and then you were pretty much done. I have no problems with it.

All if them were also a lot more fun than the dailies in WotLK, Cata and MoP where you were just dropping on whatever mob you needed then hopping away again. For all people praise WotLK the world content for endgame was probably the worst in the game so far especially when compared to the Isle of QD.
    they were exactly the same kind of dailies. they just were closer together. that's all there was. you could run from daily to daily on foot, they were so compact. there was almost no travel involved and THAT is what made them more fun, well along with much better rewards.

P.S. I can only speak of reception of BC and MoP isle, as I mostly skipped Cataclysm so i only went to molten front in a next expac to get some of the cosmetics from it (NOT becasue of flying, it was one redeeming feature of that expac for me, but rather because of sweeping changes to old world quests and their decision of "lets make dungeons super hard all of a sudden") it was my least favorite zone of the 3, probably cause it was also the most spread out zone of the 3.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-02-21 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    There's the old saying about "fool me once, fool me twice...", isn't there? Except the only one being fooled here seems to be you.

Do you often do the same thing expecting different results?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    TBC had flying and more world PVP than ever before. .
    Gonna require a source on this. Cause I very much doubt it had more PVP than Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    You're not getting flying at the start, because that trivialises questing and world pvp.
    Quests are trivial anyway and no reason to even have WM on due to the rewards being irrelevant.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You could grab a quest, fly over everything straight to the quest area, do the objectives, then mount up and fly over everything right back to the quest giver.
    And how would this be bad exactly? What’s the added value in do the same exact thing with a grounding mount taking way more time?

This is not Skyrim where every rock you lift during your travels has a quest hidden behind.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-21 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You gave yourself some unreasonable expectations, that's not you being tricked.
    As the Church of the Sub Genius has it, "Pull the wool over your own eyes!"

Yup I'm very gald my sub is up tomorrow, I have played this game way to long it's time to move on to something else where they actually listen to the people who play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Yup I'm very gald my sub is up tomorrow, I have played this game way to long it's time to move on to something else where they actually listen to the people who play the game.
    They do listen to people who play the game, but there are millions of current players, probably millions more expecting to return some time in this expansion or at the start of the next and over a hundred million people total who have at least tried the game. They all have different opinions as to which was the best expansion and why, what kind of content needs to be focused, if hardcore or casual needs more rewards and Blizz have to find the balance to keep as many as they can happy as long as they can.

They do listen to people who play the game, but there are millions of current players, probably millions more expecting to return some time in this expansion or at the start of the next and over a hundred million people total who have at least tried the game. They all have different opinions as to which was the best expansion and why, what kind of content needs to be focused, if hardcore or casual needs more rewards and Blizz have to find the balance to keep as many as they can happy as long as they can.
    Sounds good on paper. But it's not what they actually do. Instead what Blizzard does is continually try to tell players what's fun, and stubbornly refuse to accept that their idea of fun doesn't work until 2 major patches into an expansion when they finally relent and admit, "We learned a lot from the mistakes this expansion" before repeating it again next time.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    Sadly Blizzard have proven over the last few expansions they don't care about what's good for the game or what players want, they just care about whatever vision they have for the game on that specific day.

If they cared about what the playerbase wanted or how good the game was they would never have removed flying, 10m mythic*, Gladiator spec, reforging, badge/emblem/point vendors, etc in the first place. All of which were changed opposed by the vast majority of the playerbase.

*I know it was called heroic at the time, but the difficulty is called mythic now.