Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    You are really underestimating how long it takes to make the art alone,animations alone take months even for the biggest budget and top studios
    And thats literally the reason the other games take WAY more work to make lol. Thanks for agreeing with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    TBC: Been there, done that. I joined in TBC. I enjoyed it a lot. 13 years has past, with me, technology and the industry moving forward. I'm happy for those who have waited for this an finally have what they wanted, but I'm not going back.
    So because it doesnt interest you its not valid content or? i'm confused what point you are trying to make.

D2 Remaster: I admit it looks great, but it never occured to me to complain about the graphics these past 20 years, so I'm not going to start now. Pass. Also I can play the old one when I have no internet.
    800x600 runs like shit on my 27 inch 1440 144hz monitor. I cant even play it without a mod. I dont think anyone has been complaining about d2, but its a much beloved game and the remaster is going to satisfy a lot of people. Again what point are you trying to get across?

Diablo IV: Semi forced PvP that I'm sure will have to be changed very fast after release.
    Whare are you getting the semi forced pvp from?

Aaaaaaand the only good part. The Rogue. It was amazing, but doesn't warrant a whole two day event built around it.
    Are we back to explaining to people what subjective means or? I'm still unsure what your point is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm just tilted they don't do anything with Starcraft. They have this huge IP sitting there rotting, it's about time they start working on Starcraft 3 new trilogy.

I feel you there. I think the most they do is like the "co-op commander" bullshit (or whatever it's called) in SC2 but beyond that it is a dead IP.

It comes off to me that Blizzard sometimes goes in cycles on which franchises they put a focus on. WoW doesn't count as it's the baby, but since there is a renewed focus on Diablo with D4, D:I, and now D2 Remastered... I would expect in like 1-3 years time we could get something SC related.

Like a SC2 remaster.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    starcraft 3 would be awesome.. please some rts games ffs. fk 40 euro diablo remastered.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

So because it doesnt interest you its not valid content or? i'm confused what point you are trying to make.

I'm just saying why it didn't interest me. It wasn't intended as an objective breakdown. Like I said so, I'm happy for those who really wanted this.

800x600 runs like shit on my 27 inch 1440 144hz monitor. I cant even play it without a mod. I dont think anyone has been complaining about d2, but its a much beloved game and the remaster is going to satisfy a lot of people. Again what point are you trying to get across?

See above.

Whare are you getting the semi forced pvp from?

From the what's next panel. Shards of Hatred can be traded in for exclusive gear that they swear is not better than PvE gear, but I'm skeptical. You don't have to do PvP to get them, but PvP areas are the best places to farm them. And you have to purify them in short events that absolutely flag you for PvP.

Are we back to explaining to people what subjective means or?
    No. Trust me, you don't want to argue semantics with me. For me, Rogue was the only thing this BlizzCon worth mentioning. If it wasn't the same for you, awesome. Glad you had a good time.

Loved blizzcon, getting the confirmation that VV is working on a D2 remaster is amazing news.

N'sane trilogy was amazing and I've heard the THPS 1/2 remake were amazing as well, it bodes well for the d2 remaster. I would have been happy with just a resolution fix, but the models looked awesome.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well then it seems thats the answer why wow have more time in between patches - huge raid alone seems to be more labour intensive than whole FFXIV patch, and we usualy get more things on top of it (although to be fair not always)

tbh i have no issue with wow patch frequency, if it have content like 8.2 or 8.3, obviously things on level of selfie camera patch are unacceptable

btw i noticed something, you mentioned FFX have less stuff in patches now, but wow actualy got better in that regards over time (with exceptions ofc), think of 3.1 we got raid (amazing, no doubt about that) and few dailies, 3.2 we got dailies, tiny raid and small dungeon (the same room, so not much more environments to make), yet people were complaining about 8.3 being "content light"
    Err maybe I wasn't clear. Sorry about that. It doesn't have less stuff. It has less dungeons to make room for other things. Like group content for crafters or new zones and raid exclusive for the new relic weapon (how they call legendaries now). Also worth pointing out that the client supports four languages (japanese, english, french and german) and voiced cutscenes for the main story and some trial boss banther needs to be recorded for all four with overseas teams.

As for complaint about light content? Well people in both games often only count content they personally enjoy.

Err maybe I wasn't clear. Sorry about that. It doesn't have less stuff. It has less dungeons to make room for other things. Like group content for crafters or new zones and raid exclusive for the new relic weapon (how they call legendaries now). Also worth pointing out that the client supports four languages (japanese, english, french and german) and voiced cutscenes for the main story and some trial boss banther needs to be recorded for all four with overseas teams.

As for complaint about light content? Well people in both games often only count content they personally enjoy.
    well then its puzzling, only idea i have is that raid content could be more difficult and time consuming to do, which seems unlikely to be honest... maybe just blizz employee have more lay-back work pace

sure, people only count what they like, thing is they praise wotlk patches for so much and so good content, and in the same breath they whine about other patch being content light while it have THE SAME things plus some more its like the things they dont like take away those things they do like people are just goofy

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    its like the things they dont like take away those things they do like people are just goofy
    Which is utter bollocks. Sure armor sets of background music are made by the same people, but raid bosses and pet battles require completely different parts of the dev team.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Loved blizzcon, getting the confirmation that VV is working on a D2 remaster is amazing news.

N'sane trilogy was amazing and I've heard the THPS 1/2 remake were amazing as well, it bodes well for the d2 remaster. I would have been happy with just a resolution fix, but the models looked awesome.
    fk diablo remastered and fk its 50 euro. i dont see anything good in that. also nothing good in spending 80 EURO!!!!! ON fcing cards until next xpac that comes in next 4 month so u pay another 80 euro... whats up with you guys. You cant just say that nothing wrong here not with the costs and their ideology, if u have money u dont have problem, others have it. fk that system.
    to me, warcraft 3 reforged is not even the worst thing that we see here going.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    fk diablo remastered and fk its 50 euro. i dont see anything good in that. also nothing good in spending 80 EURO!!!!! ON fcing cards until next xpac that comes in next 4 month so u pay another 80 euro... whats up with you guys. You cant just say that nothing wrong here not with the costs and their ideology, if u have money u dont have problem, others have it. fk that system.
    to me, warcraft 3 reforged is not even the worst thing that we see here going.
    It's 40 euro, 50 euro is the upgrade with a pet and wings for d3 if you want them fore some reason.

I'd pay whatever for it, all I wanted was a resolution increase and they've given us so much more. You don't like it, no big deal.

No. Trust me, you don't want to argue semantics with me. For me, Rogue was the only thing this BlizzCon worth mentioning. If it wasn't the same for you, awesome. Glad you had a good time.
    I'm not arguing semantics i was genuinely trying to figure out what your point was.

Its fine that not everything was for you. But when you start nitpicking things you dont like it seems to be more then that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing semantics i was genuinely trying to figure out what your point was.

Its fine that not everything was for you. But when you start nitpicking things you dont like it seems to be more then that.
    I'm glad you think so, because you called someone else a fucking hater for only liking the HS reveal. Well I only liked the Rogue.

I do engange in some nitpicking from time to time, but that is mostly related to the "story".

I'm glad you think so, because you called someone else a fucking hater for only liking the HS reveal. Well I only liked the Rogue.

I do engange in some nitpicking from time to time, but that is mostly related to the "story".
    No i didnt. I called the person a hater for belitteling everything else and acting like the only actual content that was coming was for Hots.

But yeah. Nice try

5+ Year Old Account
    No i didnt. I called the person a hater for belitteling everything else and acting like the only actual content that was coming was for Hots.

But yeah. Nice try
    That's what I'm doing as well. I'm just trying to be nice about it. For me this was the shittiest BlizzCon I have followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm just tilted they don't do anything with Starcraft. They have this huge IP sitting there rotting, it's about time they start working on Starcraft 3 new trilogy.
    Something, anything regarding RTS would be amazing. Ok, WarCraft is definitely on the back burner after the fiasco (which they basically refused to fix, so that is on them), but as you said StarCraft? At least a hint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Diablo 2 Resurrected takes work to transpose.to a 3D environment. $40 is more than reasonable, they could charge $60 and.it would still be reasonable.

Concern about the price of any game is always foolish. These are not essential services, they are entertainment.

So are they gonna kill d2 like they did with wc3?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    If you do miss the kinds of games like Warcraft 3, buying Reforged is the worst thing you could do.
    You're (we're), better off playing the old-ass W3, and just being happy we were around when that shit was new and wonderful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Diablo 2 Resurrected takes work to transpose.to a 3D environment. $40 is more than reasonable, they could charge $60 and.it would still be reasonable.

Concern about the price of any game is always foolish. These are not essential services, they are entertainment.
    Pffft, We know, they could charge you $120, and you'd still pay it with a smile on your face and ask "for more please, good, Sir!"

We Get It.

Some people speak (type), as if they don't have a foolish bone in their body, but then here they are. LOL
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Pffft, We know, they could charge you $120, and you'd still pay it with a smile on your face and ask "for more please, good, Sir!"

We Get It.

Some people speak (type), as if they don't have a foolish bone in their body, but then here they are. LOL
    I can afford to pay $120 for an optional bit of entertainment. One that is likely to be worth $120 or more for me. There is nothing foolish in spending money on what one enjoys and can afford- the purpose of life is to enjoy it as you are able.

Complaining about the cost of something you either don't like very much or can not afford is, very foolish. This is the absolutely lowest notion among any enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Imo all is about nostalgia and they play it. On general its ok but where da hell is new ip? Blizz is warming up old meatloafs. I like them but i hungry for new meals. D2 remaster comes out 2-3y too late. HS classic. D2 remaster. WoW classic. W3 is killed. SC2 is killed. Hots is killed. OW2? I dont care.
    Feels like they are buying themself time for new games. The did say they arent ready to talk about the new game(s) quite yet. I'll hold my entusiasm for new games when it comes to Blizzard, atleast for the next few years. I really want them to show us something new. I have very little interests in the remakes. I have played classic a little, but I never reached max level and doubt I will. All the relaunches is of games i've experienced before.