Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Restricting LFG APIs are horrible mistakes

Since WoW Legion, Blizzard listened to trolls who hate add-ons for no reason (despite they use it too and blizzard interfaces are actually add-ons too (just more privilege)).

Now, the entire LFG is filled with spam. Are you satisfied? I am sorry AddOns could not filter spam in LFG anymore because you cannot filter titles, descriptors, or voice-chat information based on keywords.

Even worse, the new community system has no way to block and the community has been highly abused to spam.

What's the point of AddOns anymore, if they cannot even be used for filtering spamming? And people are proposing new trash.

You want to fight against addons like WQGF or LFG? These addons have now both gone. Do you see your community back? Now world quests have become a total pain to play compared to what it was in Legion. It is a completely failed system.

Oh, you are saying server hoping? I think they are actually pretty good compared to forced cross-realm solutions like CRZ since you do have a choice on how to control the cross realm. Now you do not.

LFG was the only addon that works for filtering spamming because the author put a huge amount of effort into it. That addon has been removed from the curse for no reason.

Sorry. I have quit long ago. However, people keep complaining about this to me. That is a freaking issue blizzard has to deal with seriously. Not just banning APIs and making people suffering.

Originally Posted by Ion

“If you want to group to do World Quests, you're highly encouraged to do that the regular way, whether it's using the Group Finder, talking to your guildmates, talking to people in the community that you're in in Battle for Azeroth, and saying, "Hey, I'm going to go do Tortollan Emissary. Anyone want to come join me?" That's the kind of social experience we’re looking to foster with World Quests.”
    This is stupid for me. What? Tortollan Emissary? Who would group up to play mini-games?? Grouping up to play minigames in an MMORPG is the kind of social experience you are looking for? Ion??

This is an LFG spam post on Reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._mean_come_on/

Last edited by ruwshtyb; 2021-02-22 at 08:17 AM.

Blizzard want the boosters and spammers to be there. They make blizard too much money. As evident by the blatant pay to win now with the valor. Ksm required to upgrade gear is a boosters wet dream and it will in turn up the sale of tokens by a metric shitton for blizzard.

Blizzard care about Money>players

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Blizzard want the boosters and spammers to be there. They make blizard too much money. As evident by the blatant pay to win now with the valor. Ksm required to upgrade gear is a boosters wet dream and it will in turn up the sale of tokens by a metric shitton for blizzard.

Yeah. I heard that argument from a lot of people too. I personally agree with that. However, i do not want to spread conspiracy theory here. I would like to see a concrete solution from blizzard.

Boosters and sellers who do it for gold aka make blizz money don't post in the lfg tool because it's a great way to get banned and silenced.

10+ Year Old Account

The Valor system isn't really Pay2Win, it is Play2Win, just because people can pay boosters doesn't mean it is Pay2Win, for if that is so, then every MMORPG existing, is Pay2Win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Boosters and sellers who do it for gold aka make blizz money don't post in the lfg tool because it's a great way to get banned and silenced.
    Indeed not. I hardly see spammers in the LFG tool anymore. They are really hammering down in there, wish they would in trade chat too though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account

Yep this is wow atm, pay2win, Blizz loves it because of tokens.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The Valor system isn't really Pay2Win, it is Play2Win, just because people can pay boosters doesn't mean it is Pay2Win, for if that is so, then every MMORPG existing, is Pay2Win.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed not. I hardly see spammers in the LFG tool anymore. They are really hammering down in there, wish they would in trade chat too though.
    When you can pay the compagny to buy gold and get further/ahead of people that don't spend is defo pay2win.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    When you can pay the compagny to buy gold and get further/ahead of people that don't spend is defo pay2win.
    Here it goes again. You're technically only paying Blizzard a security fee while the gold is from another player. Before Blizzard did it, it was done by hundreds of sites, most likely all of them bot-gold or hacked-gold, even so, without them you could still buy boosts or trade boosts, or get boosted in general - sooo, are having players Pay2Win?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    So you cannot automate joining and afk'ing during world quest, now you have to actually type stuff, invite people manually? Oh the horror of not being able to set up group in group finder, go the loo (while add-on would invite everyone who signs up) and come back with WQ completed.
    Lord, I hated that so much. Happened WAY WAY WAY too often.

Yes, Blizzard does need to step up game dealing with those spammers, there is no denying that. Just look at trade chat on popular PvE realms - it is unusable with multiple spam messages per second. However, adding that ignore problem is not solution. Solution is to get Blizzard employees to do their fucking job.
    They do indeed need to handle that much better. Luckily, on the server I play on, a lot tend to aggressively report such things. We cheer every time someone is removed. Even so, players did have a win a while back with Blizzard announcing that you cannot have a separate account for advertisement - removing millions of gold from a boosting community.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-02-22 at 08:20 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Oh look another thread where people don't know what pay2win means.

Also you say you quit long ago, yet still speak as though you know how irksome something is to do. World Quests aren't hard at all. The ones that 'require' a group have a button specifically to find groups also doing that quest, which retains the functionality that the addon used to have.

PS: Way to completely misinterpret that blue post. The emissary was simply an example, used to illustrate a point (which it did quite clearly).

e2a: PPS: If you dislike channel spam but don't wanna fill up your ignore (or spend time ignoring all of them), download Badboy and setup its filtering. Easy solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post

Also you say you quit long ago, yet still speak as though you know how irksome something is to do. World Quests aren't hard at all. The ones that 'require' a group have a button specifically to find groups also doing that quest, which retains the functionality that the addon used to have.

PS: Way to completely misinterpret that blue post. The emissary was simply an example, used to illustrate a point (which it did quite clearly).
    There are currently no hard World Quests except the Elite ones, and as you say, they have a very handy button so you don't have to manually search for a group but just get a list of ongoing ones.

So you cannot automate joining and afk'ing during world quest, now you have to actually type stuff, invite people manually? Oh the horror of not being able to set up group in group finder, go the loo (while add-on would invite everyone who signs up) and come back with WQ completed.
    You should blame blizzard for creating such a horrible system (world quests) that everyone wants to use add-ons to get rid of the issues instead of blaming addons. It is not fun.

Grinding things like artifact/azerite power etc are completely pointless and make you hate the game.
    Last edited by ruwshtyb; 2021-02-22 at 08:25 AM.

While i tend to agree with most statements saying that things usualy aren't pay to win. Im not so sure about this one. If you are a player who can't do 15's in time, aka ksm. You can now use your real life money, buy a token, spend the token's gold to get the achievement, then you can go back to do your regular gameplay. 10's, wq's etc for valor. And now you can use this valor to buy gear upgrades you wouldn't be able to get if you didn't buy the boost. And if a equal player to you do not spend money, he will fall behind.

I also personaly think this whole 15 in time for 220 is rather weird, you can check this yourself on raider.io, but most people who have done 15's in time, would at best get maybe 1-2 items out of this. The people who really need the 220 gear to even be able to get the KSM in the first place, they can't get it. So who is this really for ?
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2021-02-22 at 08:30 AM.

There are currently no hard World Quests except the Elite ones, and as you say, they have a very handy button so you don't have to manually search for a group but just get a list of ongoing ones.
    Then why do they provide a button for elite quests or world boss? Weren't you supposed to group up manually for a social experience like Ion claimed?

You know how the zone behaves on Tuesday when 4,268 people are attacking the world boss at once? You remember how in Legion people's LFG addons constantly pinging the servers were causing the same shit to happen? Yeah...I'll take the nuisance of having to report a dozen LFG listings from bots over not being able to actually play the game. Sorry.

[QUOTE=glowpipe;53031522]
    The Valor system isn't really Pay2Win, it is Play2Win, just because people can pay boosters doesn't mean it is Pay2Win, for if that is so, then every MMORPG existing, is Pay2Win./QUOTE]

While i tend to agree with most statements saying that things usualy aren't pay to win. Im not so sure about this one. If you are a player who can't do 15's in time, aka ksm. You can now use your real life money, buy a token, spend the token's gold to get the achievement, then you can go back to do your regular gameplay. 10's, wq's etc for valor. And now you can use this valor to buy gear upgrades you wouldn't be able to get if you didn't buy the boost. And if a equal player to you do not spend money, he will fall behind.

I also personaly think this whole 15 in time for 220 is rather weird, you can check this yourself on raider.io, but most people who have done 15's in time, would at best get maybe 1-2 items out of this. The people who really need the 220 gear to even be able to get the KSM in the first place, they can't get it. So who is this really for ?
    Mythic keystone is another horrible system. They killed raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Then why do they provide a button for elite quests or world boss?
    To make it easier to group up against harder foes?

Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Weren't you supposed to group up manually for a social experience like Ion claimed?
    And you can already do this to complete world quests, arenas, raids, dungeons etc etc etc etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    2 players of equal skill aim to get the highest gear ilvl. Both are capable of doing 10-12 keys at the highest.
    Player A relies entirely on the weekly chest to get his gear up, since he no longer get upgrades from the dungeons.
    Player B spend real money on a tokens which he inturn use to buy a ksm boost. He can now easily outpace player A by doing the same content, how is this not pay to win ? Did he not just pay money to gain an advantage ?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You know how the zone behaves on Tuesday when 4,268 people are attacking the world boss at once? You remember how in Legion people's LFG addons constantly pinging the servers were causing the same shit to happen? Yeah...I'll take the nuisance of having to report a dozen LFG listings from bots over not being able to actually play the game. Sorry.
    The server performance issue is exactly what a multi-billion game company should deal with better and optimized code.
    They need to hire more good programmers to deal with technical issues.

Not abusing OOP to ruin everything. Unfortunately, the gaming industry is a plague place that abuses OOP and software engineering everywhere.
    WoW is lagging everywhere, particularly with forced CRZ everywhere. That is how the issues start with.

If they allowed these addons it would be a lot worse since this spam would be created automatically.

Did you actually try it recently? The only change today is that you now have to type 5 (five) digits of quest ID manually. THEN you can "go to loo and add-on would invite everyone who signs up and come back with WQ completed." This is the only tiny difference now. This and big wall of WTS shitspam, obviously typed in through external keyboard automation.

Why haters are always so uninformed? Are they haters because they're uninformed or are they uninformed because they're haters?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.