Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    what were the top 3 DPS in the burning crusades???
    General answer would be: BM Hunter/Destruction Warlock ... Then you get your Mages and as gear gets better Rogues/Warrior .. The hybrids are below pures but every single damage spec has a role and adds value.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Yeah I don't know how the macro worked so I can't know for sure, just that a lot of one button macros has been broken over the years. I had a one button macro for my retribution paladin back in Mists for example that no longer works because changes they made to the macro system.

If it's as simple as CD, trinkets, pet ability and steady shot it will most likely work. If it uses multiple hunter abilities that are on the GCD it probably won't work. If it's just steady shot spam for the most part you don't really need a macro for it and you should probably have your blood fury and trinkets separated so you don't use them at the wrong time, for example it's pointless to use them if your target has like 2% hp left.
    As far as I remember it the only special thing about it was that you needed a slow weapon and a reset condition in the macro. Something about if you are casting Steady Shot while you are about to auto shot then it cancels the auto shot and thus you lose DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Mage were 2nd and 3rd damage on the world first kill of M'uru. Nice try.
    Where are you getting that info?

10+ Year Old Account
    hunter BM and warlock shadowbolt spam were both top dps, and they were also both extremely boring 1 button rotation
    most wanted class was shaman because BL was party-only, since back then lot of aoe spells were still party-specific only
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Mage is absolutely inferior to hunter in TBC pve by a decent margin.
    Hmm. So maby the hunter would be the choice then many.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    As far as I remember it the only special thing about it was that you needed a slow weapon and a reset condition in the macro. Something about if you are casting Steady Shot while you are about to auto shot then it cancels the auto shot and thus you lose DPS
    You had to input your weapon speed iirc, so it would wait until auto shot was fired and not delay it before starting another steady shot cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Enhance shaman is a bit of a trap. You only ever wanted one for totem twisting, which meant whichever Shaman was picked was usually very very good. It was also very difficult to play.

I also fully expect Lust/Hero to trigger raid wide instead of party wide in BC classic to reduce the need for leatherworkers.
    Enhancement was really not that difficult to play. You could also pretty easily use more than one if you were so inclined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Where are you getting that info?
    Probably this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSvywzh7ghM

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You had to input your weapon speed iirc, so it would wait until auto shot was fired and not delay it before starting another steady shot cast.
    Oh yeah, true. Although I don't remember doing it many times because the Rifle from Opera Event was BiS because of speed until Black Temple or something. At least that's the rumor I heard
    Edit: You also had to factor in haste and Improved AotH or something. At least I seem to remember something along those lines
    Last edited by Nosnogard; 2021-02-22 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Found out why:

Summons 1 Shadowsword Fury Mage
    Has a buff called Spell Fury which can be spell stolen. Spell Fury causes spells cast to be instant, increase magic damage by 50% and make them unable to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    Oh yeah, true. Although I don't remember doing it many times because the Rifle from Opera Event was BiS because of speed until Black Temple or something. At least that's the rumor I heard
    Edit: You also had to factor in haste and Improved AotH or something. At least I seem to remember something along those lines
    Pretty sure there was an addon that showed your swing timers in real-time, meaning you could use this to determine your actualy AA speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Shadow Bolt Warlock sacrificing the pet being no.1 in Sunwell.

So assuming they follow the same pattern as Classic we’ll be on that patch and it will be the case

I remember Warlock was always / consistently top 3 due to Malediction(sp?) because it provided a damage bonus to everyone in the raid + shadow bolt spam was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    hunter BM and warlock shadowbolt spam were both top dps, and they were also both extremely boring 1 button rotation
    most wanted class was shaman because BL was party-only, since back then lot of aoe spells were still party-specific only
    I went fire on my warlock after a while because shadow bolt spam was boring me to tears. What's interesting is that my DPS on most fights went up because fire allowed for more mobility. In a patchwerk sim shadow would win every day but that's not really a realistic scenario.

I can't wait to be top dps as Fury on Magtheridon and have all the hunters/locks cry "wait Warriors aren't good until they get Warglaives!". The top dps in your raid is gonna depend on a few factors

1. Group/raid comp
    2. Gear (some can get their best gear easier/earlier)
    3. Encounter design
    4. Raid strategy.

In 2.4.3 as Fury I can get pretty well geared in early T4 (preraid), thanks to things like Fel Leather, Ragesteel, Dragonmaw, Bloodlust Brooch. I mean casters can do this too with tailoring, Rogues have it tough in T4 but they come to life in T5. On launch of TBC melee had it tough in early tiers due to several design/balancing issues that were fixed in 2.1, and throughout the expansion. Assuming we get 2.4.3 I fully expect to be competitive at the top on the majority of fights, as I was in the original TBC expansion and on Pservers.

This is a legendary video from back in the day. FWIW it includes mindcontrolling one of the trash mobs in Hyjal which applies a haste buff, Fury scales like a god in TBC, specifically with their Recklessness cooldown up they are pretty much untouchable, that is of course offset with a 30min cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Enhancement was really not that difficult to play. You could also pretty easily use more than one if you were so inclined.
    I think people are using "difficult to play" from the perspective of BM Hunter or Shadow Bolt Warlock one button wonders. Enhance was super easy, alternate Flame shock/earthshock on cooldown, press stormstrike on cooldown and then every 2 mins you cast Shamanistic Rage to go back to full mana. If you wanna totem twist you use a macro and you just press it every 9-10 seconds to drop windfury then agility totem. But the rotation was fairly slowpaced and extremely simplistic with no dynamic elements to it.

Enhance was great on single target but only single target, still behind Combat (which also had amazing cleave burst and a threat reset) and Fury (which has amazing cleave, great AOE + funnel, an execute and a 30min cooldown i win button). But you 100% take an Enhance to every raid, they are like the toolkit of ultimate melee/physical buffs.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-02-22 at 02:42 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember: mages, locks and hunters.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just roll a dang Warlock like everyone else and you will be safe

10+ Year Old Account
    arcane mages with t5 do more dps than warlock.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Not exactly true. On shorter fights yes, but the longer the fight the more mana issues the mage has the lower the DPS becomes. If you look at TBC damage rankings in SSC Mages pull about 30 more dps than warlocks and in TK are 19% behind warlocks. Of course these numbers are old and people play better now so mages should be able to pull more damage out of the spec now with better mana management. Another issue with mages is they need an Spriest in their group so an optimal mage group would be Ele/Boom/Spriest with either 2 mages or mage warlock. Warlocks on the other hand can drop the spriest and it isn't a huge loss to DPS. A lot of guilds back then would also put the spriest with the healers during progression and bringing multiple of the lowest dps class kind of offsets their damage.

The biggest thing about warlocks is nothing can touch seed of corruptions damage. For clear speed this will be very important and any boss with adds or able to cleave down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    i've got a fealing that gearing as a warlock is going to kinda suck with everyone rolling them