She broke a lot of protocols to help Mando do that though. Guess it depends on whether the New Republic isn't as strict as the law-abiding old Republic.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    We already saw her get promoted once on the show. Why would it now be something that doesn't make sense? Her new duties could easily take her to a different part of the galaxy/space/whatever. She only came into the story again when her promotion directly tied into the story.
    because we will NEVER see that actress again. So the idea they pass off a comment that shes promoted and shes too busy and its all done with her out of sight is ridiculous. I mean yea that could happen but think about how awkward that would be. She was a pretty major character considering theres basically 2 characters and a few reacurring ones. She was part of "the gang"

She didnt even get the awkward goodbye. No goodbye in star wars. Think about it
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    because we will NEVER see that actress again.
    But the last time it happened there was no guarantee we would ever see that actress again. It wasn't an issue the last time she got a promotion so by virtue it isn't a problem now. The only reason you are making it a problem is because of the controversy regarding her firing. If she never returned to the show after her last promotion I highly doubt you'd be making an issue out of it.

Her last promotion and job essentially happened out of sight. All we saw was her being offered a job/badge. Then the next time we see her is after she has been at the job for a while and Din needed to locate a republic prisoner.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But the last time it happened there was no guarantee we would ever see that actress again. It wasn't an issue the last time she got a promotion so by virtue it isn't a problem now. The only reason you are making it a problem is because of the controversy regarding her firing. If she never returned to the show after her last promotion I highly doubt you'd be making an issue out of it.

Her last promotion and job essentially happened out of sight. All we saw was her being offered a job/badge. Then the next time we see her is after she has been at the job for a while and Din needed to locate a republic prisoner.
    And the reason they (the producers) did this was because the character was so well recieved and the production crew enjoyed working with her so much they reprised her role in the show.

Oh, the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She broke a lot of protocols to help Mando do that though. Guess it depends on whether the New Republic isn't as strict as the law-abiding old Republic.
    We already kind of saw that with the X-Wing patrol officers letting Din go; plus, if her bending a few rules led to capturing a wanted ISB agent and Imperial warlord, who the hell is going to call her on it?

As far as the record goes, she took a prisoner into her custody for an offworld excursion and intelligence recon mission, the prisoner "died" on said mission. I doubt anyone will go into any further detail than that to investigate what happened since it led to Gideon's arrest (especially considering this New Republic is quite inept if we go by the sequel trilogy's resutlts). The only thing she did against protocol was take a prisoner she should have talked to a warden about first.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2021-02-18 at 11:17 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    And the reason they (the producers) did this was because the character was so well recieved and the production crew enjoyed working with her so much they reprised her role in the show. Oh, the irony.
    How is it irony that a recurring character is kept on because the producers wanted the character to be? That is the way shows work. They have also killed off characters there were loved like Quill. They could have easily changed the story to where he didn't die and would have actually made a decent side kick for Din given how often his ship fell apart.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How is it irony that a recurring character is kept on because the producers wanted the character to be?
    Because shes been sacked.
    Last edited by cyberglum; 2021-02-19 at 01:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because she's been sacked.
    Which had nothing to do with her reception or performance as the character. So there is nothing ironic about the situation.

Which had nothing to do with her reception or performance as the character.
    Exactly.

Ironic -happening in a way contrary to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this.

Because shes been sacked.
    That's some Alanis Morissette level "Irony".

What happened with Gina Carano was entirely predictable.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Frankly, it's always been a weird story, because the reason Pascal has been getting a lot of praise for this role is how well he's been able to evoke emotions and personality almost entirely through body language alone. Din's voice is pretty monotone, and we get no facial expressions, so body language . . . is it. And yet, we still know exactly who Din is as a person and can read him like a book, without any real uncertainty as to what's going on with him.
    It is like with Tom Hardys' Bane. All you have is his body language and eye movements. It is amazing how much you can convey a characters emotions through basic body language and / or eye movements. Remove the NOOOOOOOOOO's!!!!! from the 'remastered' Return of the Jedi (so basically have the original cut) and you can still sense and see the conflict within Vader as he turns his head towards his son dying and the monster doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Ironic -happening in a way contrary to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this.
    But it isn't contray to what is expected when you have a controversy in your personal life. It is no different then if she was a drug addict getting fired. Or a drunk driver. Or any other manner of thing that is irrelevant to her performance on the show. No matter how good your acting skills are it isn't carte blanche to do whatever you want. Or at the very least her skill and role wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    More likely they recast her with another wrestler. Maybe dave bautista? I hear him and Disney are getting along better now.
    They've already said they're not recasting her, so.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    They've already said they're not recasting her, so.
    Ohok well maybe they'll introduce a new character "Sara dune" who shows up to suplex some aliens. Nothing would change in the show. The character is about as useless as half the cast of the Disney movie trilogy.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Ohok well maybe they'll introduce a new character "Sara dune" who shows up to suplex some aliens. Nothing would change in the show. The character is about as useless as half the cast of the Disney movie trilogy.
    Its a bit part that had to be shoehorned in for season 2. There's really no reason to do anything.

How about we bring in the Williams sisters. They probably can't act any better than Carano can but there's two of them so that's gotta be cooler than just one person.

The only new character from the sequels I can remember is Kylo Ren. And that's because Adam Driver is a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd imagine most of the quiet emotive stuff is done by Pascal, otherwise, why's he there? Just for the couple helmet-off scenes?

The big fight scenes with stunts, sure, not Pascal, but that's not the subtle body language acting I was talking about, either. That's knowing how to get yanked across a room by a wire and land without breaking your ankles. Still a really big skill and I'm not crapping on it, just a completely different skill set.
    Dunno about season 2. But he was barely on set during season 1.

5+ Year Old Account

So adorable!

Just finished the show. Just finished Season 2 finale:

The Mandalorian was awesome because it is frickin' Star Wars, baby!

I love quirky, clever one-liners:
    - This is the way.
    - I have spoken.
    - May the force be with you.

Why doesn't The Mandalorian ever take off his helmet?
    It is because this is the way.

Will The Mandalorian ever take off his helmet?
    You will know the answer to that question by the end of Season 2 finale!

Pedro Pascal was an awesome pick as The Mandalorian. The father and son dynamic between the Mandalorian and The Child.

Ming-Na Wen. Loved seeing her in this as the assassin, Fennec. She is Mulan and Chun-Li!

Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison). I'm not a big Star Wars nerd. But I'm guessing the nerds out there loved seeing him kick ass in this.

Gina Carano as Cara Dune. Loved her character. Carano did an excellent job as the former Rebel shock trooper turned mercenary. She is one tough gal. She looks pretty built! She definitely works out and keeps in shape. She can kick my puny ass any day! I just want to lose to her in an arm wrestling match!

The Firing of Gina Carano. Gina Carano was let go of the show because of some social media posts she had made. So sad. Hope she pulls through from this.

The visual special effects. The Jedi episode. Rosario Dawson is an awesomely beautiful actress (she's all grown up now from 1995's KIDS). The Hollywood and Movie Industry no longer uses green screen but LED screens now! Technology changes very fast.

The beautiful artwork at the end of every episode.

And of course: Baby Yoda! Frickin' adorable! (see above image)

I need to buy me a little Baby Yoda Plush Toy / Animatronic Baby Yoda!!!

That finale was amazing! Hint: You get to see a special guest star cameo *wink *wink.

Can't wait for Season 3 of The Mandalorian!
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-03-01 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

So adorable!

Just finished the show. Just finished Season 2 finale:

The Mandalorian was awesome because it is frickin' Star Wars, baby!

I love quirky, clever one-liners:
    - The is the way.
    - I have spoken.
    - May the force be with you.

Why doesn't The Mandalorian ever take off his helmet?
    It is because this is the way.

Will The Mandalorian ever take off his helmet?
    You will know the answer to that question by the end of Season 2 finale!

Pedro Pascal was an awesome pick as The Mandalorian.

Ming-Na Wen. Loved seeing her in this as Fennec. She is Mulan and Chun-Li!

Boba Fett. I'm not a big Star Wars nerd. But I'm guessing the nerds out there loved seeing him kick ass in this.

Gina Carano as Cara Dune. Loved her character. Carano did an excellent job as the former Rebel shock trooper turned mercenary. She is one tough gal. She looks pretty built! She definitely works out and keeps in shape. She can kick my puny ass any day! I just want to lose to her in an arm wrestling match!

The Firing of Gina Carano. Gina Carano was let go of the show because of some social media posts she had made. So sad. Hope she pulls through from this.

I loved the visual special effects. The Hollywood and Movie Industry no longer uses green screen but LED screens now! Technology changes very fast.

And of course: Baby Yoda! Frickin' adorable! (see above image)

I need to buy me a little Baby Yoda Plush Toy / Animatronic Baby Yoda!!!

That finale was amazing! Hint: You get to see a special guest star cameo *wink *wink.

Can't wait for Season 3 of The Mandalorian!
    Why are you so needy.

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-03-01 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    snip
    Are you here to discuss anything or blog post?

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-03-02 at 03:00 AM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.