Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

This expansion showcased how people do not enjoy m+ at all

But that they enjoy the loot it gives.

In BfA you could reach Mythic level of gear by just doing a weekly +15. People were so used to easy gearing like that, that they cry about it this expansion.
    People do not enjoy m+ for the content it brings, they solely enjoy to do it because of the loot it gives.

Only a small minority seems to enjoy m+ so much, the rest only cares about the gear.
    So many people crying that the gear isn't a high enough ilvl and that it's not often dropped.

I thought that people enjoyed this content regardless? I thought m+ was fun? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

In BfA you could reach Mythic level of gear by just doing a weekly +15. People were so used to easy gearing like that, that they cry about it this expansion.
    People do not enjoy m+ for the content it brings, they solely enjoy to do it because of the loot it gives.

Only a small minority seems to enjoy m+ so much, the rest only cares about the gear.
    So many people crying that the gear isn't a high enough ilvl and that it's not often dropped.

I thought that people enjoyed this content regardless? I thought m+ was fun? What happened?
    I enjoy m+. I only pug it and it can be frustrating but when you get a good group together and the run goes flawlessly it's the most fun I've had in this game. I think gear has been in a good place. The Valor update will help me gear even faster but I don't think it was needed. Im capable of doing all 15s in my current gear. The only ilvl barrier I have is staying ahead of the people applying so I can be the one to get the invite

plenty of people enjoy it,there wouldnt be so many high keys that dont give better loot being run if they didnt,some just want loot,whats the problem?

at the end of the day all m+ does is keep dungeons relevant and challenging in the same time,its a far better system than wrath or mop with badges and valor tied to them

atleast they are not completly mandatory,if you arent being bleeding edge you dont need to do it,plenty of casual mythic guilds get by just fine without it

heck in legion where m+ was vital to progression i got by getting every cutting edge and just doing 1 m+ a week,did more early on for the ap and early loot drops but i stoped pretty soon

i rly wish they would find a way to stop making all 3 gearing options feel so connected...sl took one step forward by making m+ gear not essential but took 3 steps back by making people pvp

I don't enjoy them on my main but thats because it's damage dealer. DPS role is extremely boring in m+ and I mostly enjoy tanking and especially healing them on my alts.

DPS is just brainlessy following tank and interrupting/CC certain mobs and blast your dps cooldowns. On my tank I choose the tempo and route and on healer it's fun to correct people's small mistakes by keeping them alive and overall pushing my healing capability to limit if run's tempo is high.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2021-02-22 at 11:56 AM.

I love M+ ... if only there was a way to more than the 1 or 2 a week, I'd be in.

Raiding on the other had is monotonous and unrewarding.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I really like mythic+

But i would like PVP/Raid and Mythic+ to be seperate progression... cause i that i have to do one for the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    They upped the difficulty and gutted the rewrd specifically to make it less lucrative. That would of course have the effect of making people less likely to pursue that content. This would apply to any content though.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I never liked M+, or challenge mode in WoD. Feels good to have let my sub run out.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I have always disliked M+ gameplay wise, it's just not my thing (and I don't think it brings out the best in the community). But I'm glad it's there for people that dig it. My only wish is that all dungeon content in the game wasn't M+ or bust. I would love just one dungeon in an expansion's roster to not be designed around rushing, skips and speed.

People would enjoy M+ if it was the Legion-era AoEfest instead of BfA metaslavery or SL brickwall simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People would enjoy M+ if it was the Legion-era AoEfest instead of BfA metaslavery or SL brickwall simulator
    Chilling and doing M+ in legion was relaxing and enjoyable. I miss doing it while drinking coffee on weekend mornings

Who would have thought that human drive is entirely based on progression and rewards. It doesn't matter if you get a piece of loot as a reward or a title or something else. As long as it matters to you personally. Nobody does something just because, even voluntary workers do something because it helps others. That's a reward itself because you will feel and think better of yourself. Even gifting something to somebody you like, you do it so the other thinks better of you. That is a reward as well. Literally everything you want to do is something because you get (or expect to get) a reward out of it. If you get forced to do something then this is obviously not the case.

People actually do enjoy M+ BUT:

1. It's a bit like your "dream job" that has really low salary, sure you enjoy it but let be real, not getting any rewards is demotivating.
    2. While it's seasonal, you get 1 dungeon per couple of months, 90% of the time you are running same dungeons over and over again.

3rd expansion in a row and M+ doesn't get any more focus, 8/8+2/8+2+1 dungeons per 2 years isn't really what i would call "bright feature".
    Now the rewards are capped too, seasonal affix isn't really ground breaking and you get punished for trying.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

tbh i do not enjoy m+. i've only ever done it because the weekly chest gear was too high ilvl to pass up.

WoW is, and has always been a loot-driven game. Just like any other MMORPG since the beginning of time.

Remove loot and see how many people stick around.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately that is a symptom of the gaming culture that became generalized. People no longer play games for fun and immersion, they only care about efficiency and the carrot on the stick. It's quite sad really
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

M+ is mildly enjoyable until you decide to tank on anything that isnt a dh/monk and you have 0 fun cause all you do is endlessly kite mobs around and everything that goes wrong in the run is your fault.

What? I enjoy M+ this expansion much more than I did in BFA.

I love M+! However, being stuck at +14 keys now, I do not like how people decide to quit, leave, or not read-up/learn the mechanics. I have no problem pushing a key and depleting it, but I hate when people just leave with 2 mins left to finish. The community has made it so bad this time around. I actually don't mind running them over an over again as it feels good with different challenges each time based on your comp. Its the people.

The fun will go out of rated PvP as well when Blizzard stops bribing them with ilvl.