Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We're getting it before that, I thought. In 9.0.5? Totally agree with you on the whistle. Really annoying being stuck way out in Tirna Scithe, the far end of House of Plagues or Rituals, or Citadel of Loyalty, and having to slog your way back to civilization.
    When its faster to hearth to Oribos/covenant hub then fly back or cloak to SW-->portal to Oribos fly back than to ride back something is poorly designed in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Yep. Pathfinder is essentially a punishment on the players for Blizzard's own failure at game design. They wanted to remove flying but when the community complained they left it in but added a 'fuck you' system to obtain it.

No-one complained about flying being too easy to obtain whilst under the old system. No-one asked for some Pathfinder bullshit to make getting flying 'feel more rewarding'. It's such a bummer that Blizzard is persisting with it.
    Pathfinder is basically them going back to what they said we'd get when they first announced there would be no flying at the end of WoD and for me it's done a great job of incentivising world content while saving gold on flight training for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    When its faster to hearth to Oribos/covenant hub then fly back or cloak to SW-->portal to Oribos fly back than to ride back something is poorly designed in my opinion.
    Unless your destination is something extreme like you're stuck in the Citadel of Loyalty behind a bunch of elites and your next destination is at the Vestibule of Eternity I don't think that would be the case. Come to think of it, if having to actually traverse the game world is being called poorly designed then maybe Blizzard has spoiled the playerbase too much and the whistle shouldn't come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Pathfinder is basically them going back to what they said we'd get when they first announced there would be no flying at the end of WoD and for me it's done a great job of incentivising world content while saving gold on flight training for alts.
    Blizzard really can't win, can they? They make an unpopular decision, change their mind due to popular opinion, and it's still presented in the context of them "going back on it" instead of something more positive like "they listened to the playerbase"... wait. I thought they never did that and were totally disconnected... /shock
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I would love to have it one month after realise of new expansion. There is no point in locking it for months while doing same wq 50x or more. And let's not forget selling flying mount ( new) with game sub and other stuff
    Last edited by markos82; 2021-02-22 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    No one was tricked and no one is surprised. Un-clench the pearls.
    well said - nothing significant is going to change anytime soon so we can play other games - and if you want to really’send a message’ just stop playing until it does. There’s enough stress in the world without WOW being a proxy scapegoat- it’s just a game!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, adding multiple difficulties including one that is basically impossible to fail at, cuts the dugeon/raid into bite-size pieces and lets you auto-queue while doing something else is only catering to one group of players... do you stop to think about what you are typing?

The multiple difficulties, particularly lfr exist in order to ensure and even increase the perpetuation of raid content. This by itself is an ENORMOUS sign that the developers in fact favor one group of players over anything because it shows they will do anything to save their pet content essentially. This includes the creation of mythic which is in and of itself and enormous waste of time and effort given how little people participate in it.

The shitty attack at the end of your post is acknowledged for what it is. Even if you want to somehow argue that raiding is the bees knees and LFR is not just a means by which the developers can still privilege their pet group of players then your still left trying to explain why its gated, offers literally nothing for players reward wise and has been hammered into irrelevance since basically day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Its really not actually. Making flying a pain in the ass to acquire and making it virtually useless is for all intents and purposes removing it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually go ahead with that. Although they are evidently cowards so who knows.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Flying from the start is stupid and your ideas are bad.

I trust Blizzard more on what's good for the game than random whiny forum user with anime avatar. Lolz
    The anime character he uses is trash as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rmh1985 View Post
    Except bfa had flying in patch zones, so it hasn't really been consistent.

Honestly I'm kinda just over not being able to enjoy world content like I could in Wotlk etc. It sucks when a game you loved makes such a big change that you hate. Raiding and avoiding the world is keeping me subbed at this point. For how much longer, who knows.
    You say that but ever since flying has been introduced, they have had zones you couldn't use it in.

Tbc- isle of queldanas, and also all of ek/kalimdor (this is included cause new tbc zones were added, but you couldn't fly in them or the basic areas)

Wotlk- actually nothing, other then winter grasp when a battle is going on. (Also still ek and kalimdor but those had no relevancy in wotlk)

Cataclysm- tol bad

Mists of pandaria- thunder isle, isle of giants, and timeless isle

Wod- ashran

Legion- argus

Bfa- mechagon sort of... Although you could. It was discouraged.

Shadowlands- the maw.

So "almost" every expansion has included places you couldn't fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The multiple difficulties, particularly lfr exist in order to ensure and even increase the perpetuation of raid content. This by itself is an ENORMOUS sign that the developers in fact favor one group of players over anything because it shows they will do anything to save their pet content essentially. This includes the creation of mythic which is in and of itself and enormous waste of time and effort given how little people participate in it.
    I disagree, expanding raids to ensure they cater to a whole spectrum of players show they favour that type of content for finishing story arcs, not particular groups of players.

The shitty attack at the end of your post is acknowledged for what it is.
    Well done.

Even if you want to somehow argue that raiding is the bees knees and LFR is not just a means by which the developers can still privilege their pet group of players then your still left trying to explain why its gated, offers literally nothing for players reward wise and has been hammered into irrelevance since basically day one.
    Already covered that,
    Because the sense of exclusivity for people playing the "proper" version adds to the experience and makes it a better feature for people tackling the Mythic version, whereas people like myself don't miss out too much in waiting for the tourist mode.
    Its really not actually. Making flying a pain in the ass to acquire and making it virtually useless is for all intents and purposes removing it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually go ahead with that. Although they are evidently cowards so who knows.
    It isn't removing it though. It's making it irrelevant for people playing the current crop of world content but it's still useful for people who still want to use it for sight-seeing, catching up and levelling alts. Back during WoD the devs did say they were going to remove flying altogether but their was quick backlash from people who had been content to wait for flying but definitely didn't want it to be removed altogether, so Blizz performed a rapid u-turn. You might think it's cowardice (and your silly attack is acknowledged for what it is, very silly,) but ultimately that was the compromise that ensured that the devs could make content the way they wanted while still allowing some of the benefits and enjoyable aspects of flying.

It's done the opposite for me. It's made world content less fun, and disincentivised me from levelling alts. Part of the reason for that is Blizzard's insistence on designing zones with frustrating geography and borderline sadistic enemy NPC placements, a combination that results in an experience that isn't much fun. Flying is what makes it bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    How do the corridors 144 layer guys feel about all Mounts working in the Maw in Patch 9.1?
    Fine with me. It was easy to do solo and is even easier in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    It is not. argus was end game content like patch x.3
    This is patch x.1 so that is 2 whole patches sooner.

Also tricked means they somehow made you believe things otherwise. They never stated anything close to this. They said they will take a look at it. 2 patches sooner AND easy to get is a big upgrade. x.1 patch is okay for me, the easy to get part not. should be a bit harder.

And it should NOT be there at the start. Many people have giving reasons why. Including blizzard.
    - dive bombing quests ( makes questing less fun)
    - dive bombing rare's less change to kill them
    - dive bomb chests etc
    - dive bomb mats.
    - will make the large group multibox and multibox-bot problem even worse. ( low/medium servers seem to have more of them these days). ( no problem with small group multiboxxing)
    - less challaging
    - and blizzard has stated. That it takes a lot of time and money to craft these worlds. why make them if everyone is going to fly over them.

And you shouting they MUST. without giving valid points or any reason at all does not help you.
    So why, why should they add it?

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post

Also tricked means they somehow made you believe things otherwise. They never stated anything close to this. They said they will take a look at it. 2 patches sooner AND easy to get is a big upgrade. x.1 patch is okay for me, the easy to get part not. should be a bit harder.

And it should NOT be there at the start. Many people have giving reasons why. Including blizzard.
    - dive bomb chests etc
    - dive bomb mats.
    - will make the large group multibox and multibox-bot problem even worse. ( low/medium servers seem to have more of them these days). ( no problem with small group multiboxxing)
    - less challaging
    - and blizzard has stated. That it takes a lot of time and money to craft these worlds. why make them if everyone is going to fly over them.

And you shouting they MUST. without giving valid points or any reason at all does not help you.
    Lol. As it looks 9.1 will come the same time (or later) after launch as 7.2 came in Legion. Stop thinking in patches, start thinking in actual months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Once again flying will only be unlocked for already outdated content while being unavailable in the Maw and Korthia. This is Argus all over again. Next expansion MUST have flying in from the START and it must be usable EVERYWHERE.
    no quit crying about dumb crap. no flying at start of xpac

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Lol. As it looks 9.1 will come the same time (or later) after launch as 7.2 came in Legion. Stop thinking in patches, start thinking in actual months.
    stop comparing different xpac content release timings when we're in a totally different predicament now with staff all working from home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    my biggest problem with not having flying in these never xpack is that most zones are done in such a way that its just dreadful to run around, other xpack that had flying like TBC, WotLK, Cata and Mop, they're not bad to run around in ground mount,

we have a zone that is mostly designed for flying but we cant fly, and that sucks
    vertical zones dont mean theyre made for flying just longer travel times......its really not that big of a deal. flying would make it quicker but isnt required

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Challenge? What challenge? I mean other than finding the right cave opening, elevator, or path up a hill (which is why I have my second screen on wowhead continuously) there’s no challenge to world content. It’s just annoying.
    Well having to fight mobs (at current gear level) instead of skipping everything by flying over it. Nothing difficult but atleast it takes time to get through the content. If you think doing content to get things done is just annoying, why play an MMO in the first place?

Hey, at least it will help with the herbing/mining and WQ traveling. But, yes. The way they designed traveling in this expansion sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

- dive bomb chests etc
    - dive bomb mats.
    - less challaging

I am curious, how does "dive bombing" quests makes them less fun? You enjoy wasting time or what?
    None of those "dive bombs" are actually a concern outside the first week btw.

I will present the counter argument. If we are already forced to see these worlds while leveling, why force us to see it thousands more times? What is it accomplishing? Is it making the game fun? Is it making players apreciate it more?
    All travel time is dead time where you are not having fun. The more there is and the more repeated it is, the less fun the game is.

Flying should indeed be there at level 60 or at launch at least, where you can achueve it after a few weeks. It would make the game way more fun.

No one was tricked and no one is surprised. Un-clench the pearls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Sounds like terrible game design.
    Their most successful expansions have had flying when? ...I'll wait
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    And what if there are 3 patches? time will tell maybe you are right. but in your logic we should also count in content. Is there enough content to do. And we do not know a date yet. if its before june it is faster as 7.2. but again time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I am curious, how does "dive bombing" quests makes them less fun? You enjoy wasting time or what?
    oohhh lets get my quest item/npc...damm someone dive bombed it already. why land at all? why level at all? its part of the journey. its not for all i know. thats is why this thread is up. but its a reason for some of us.
    It slow it down. it makes us enjoy the world etc. And yes i can do it still when flying is out. kinda hard when everything gets janked before my eyes.

None of those "dive bombs" are actually a concern outside the first week btw.
    They do, and for alts even more.

I will present the counter argument. If we are already forced to see these worlds while leveling, why force us to see it thousands more times? What is it accomplishing? Is it making the game fun? Is it making players apreciate it more?
    All travel time is dead time where you are not having fun. The more there is and the more repeated it is, the less fun the game is.
    And will it going faster make it more fun? if you do not like to play a lot of time ingame...just log off?
    And all travel time. flight points etc are all placed very nicely.

Flying should indeed be there at level 60 or at launch at least, where you can achueve it after a few weeks. It would make the game way more fun.
    again all i hear is fun, and fast. No good reasons as of yet. faster gear? buy it on AH, faster mats? AH. Want to level and not travel far. Join a group/guild and do dungeons etc

oohhh lets get my quest item/npc...damm someone dive bombed it already. why land at all? why level at all? its part of the journey. its not for all i know. thats is why this thread is up. but its a reason for some of us.
    It slow it down. it makes us enjoy the world etc. And yes i can do it still when flying is out. kinda hard when everything gets janked before my eyes.
    lol at your drama exaggeration. Does that not happen in the ground too? Yes, it does. I think you just have a problem with druids. I could get behind that, but it's just nonsense to blame it on flying overall.
    Erm, no. Slowing down and getting bored does not, in fact, make me enjoy the world more.

They do, and for alts even more.
    Cause you say so? You gonna have to do better than that. Leveling is 1% of what you do in the game (probably less). Check the privilege. WoW isn't about the leveling. It's just a short stepping stone. The game should not be designed with it in mind, but rather the 99% of the time you will spend at level cap.

And will it going faster make it more fun? if you do not like to play a lot of time ingame...just log off?
    And all travel time. flight points etc are all placed very nicely.
    Yes, it does. Time/reward metric. Also, how old are you to not know the value of time? Time is the most precious resource we have. If it takes you less to do the same content, not only are you more engaged and less bored but you will gain time to spend on other activities. Really sightseeing the same place for the 1000th time doesn't have the same appeal as the first yeah? Surely you can see that.

again all i hear is fun, and fast. No good reasons as of yet. faster gear? buy it on AH, faster mats? AH. Want to level and not travel far. Join a group/guild and do dungeons etc
    If you don't value time, then it is a you problem, not an us problem. But, you will, eventually. Like all of us.

I see you talking about leveling a lot. Seems to be your only excuse. Leveling is only relevant in the release weeks. No one actually does it much anymore after that. Indeed, people do dungeons and invasions cause it requires less traveling time and it's less boring. Glad you can actually see that despite refusing to concede the obvious point.