Page 96 of 144 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    One thing I didn't understand about this call is what they say is a part of the arm that can play the ball. They didn't rule the Southampton strikers knee offside, they said his arm was offside. On the replay, it looks like they drew the line from the armband on his sleeve. Which is nothing short of ridiculous.
    According to FA rules, arms and hands are not used to determine offside. Their argument is rubbish.

A player is in an offside position if:

any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
    any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
    The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

second-last opponent or
    last two opponents

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...w-11---offside
    Last edited by josykay; 2021-02-10 at 04:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    the rules are whatever mike dean says they are.

Except when his cards get overturned of course.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Klopp officially gave up on the title run. By now they're just looking to finish the season in a respectable place.

What a fucking start for porto. 1 min in, 1-0.

- - - Updated - - -

1st minute in 2nd half, porto 2-0. What is this I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    What a fucking start for porto. 1 min in, 1-0.

- - - Updated - - -

1st minute in 2nd half, porto 2-0. What is this I don't even...
    At this point it's easier for you guys to win the CL than the league. Go for it!

lol at pirlo. the best of the ex player brigade is clearly gerrard.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Lol

Gerrard's only test is fucking Neil Lennon and a Celtic side which is in desperate need of a shake up. They're still playing Scott Brown ffs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Lol

Gerrard's only test is fucking Neil Lennon and a Celtic side which is in desperate need of a shake up. They're still playing Scott Brown ffs.
    We'll see how he does in the EL I guess. As it happens to be he is facing a Belgian side tonight, that sadly is far from at it's strongest. First choice striker, defensive mid and keeper are all out injured, the second choice striker (who is in VERY good form) is suspended. The defense itself is fairly strong though... probably championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    We'll see how he does in the EL I guess. As it happens to be he is facing a Belgian side tonight, that sadly is far from at it's strongest. First choice striker, defensive mid and keeper are all out injured, the second choice striker (who is in VERY good form) is suspended. The defense itself is fairly strong though... probably championship level.
    to be fair rangers are a pub team.

5+ Year Old Account
    to be fair rangers are a pub team.
    Yeh but it's not like the belgian league is THAT much better :s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    That's United knocked out of the EL then! /pessimism
    This didn't age well...

Also I miss Slender to defend Scottish football

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Yea course
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate, it'll be 30 years before we have another Liverpool title win.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    30 years would be too soon.
    Love how they couldn't even celebrate it with their fans via parade cause of COVID. The only satisfaction I get from this whole pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We cant ignore all the injuries they have, but thats something all teams deal with over the course of a season. The thing I find interesting with LFC is that they are not really playing that bad, they are lacking the extra edge in front of both goals. In the back ofc it hurts not having Van Dijk there.

I think winning the CL then PL(especially) was a huge blowout for the whole club. They put so much effort and work into winning it, its cleary a sign of fatigue at this point. Klopp is also know for wearing his team(s) down after several seasons of high octaine football.

Couple that with the lack of or not desire to replenish the squad with new players that are really good(to keep the momentum and competition up), they suffer. Its when you are winning you gotta be extra dilligent and get in new faces.

City is going to breeze away with the win this year and its going to be a massive fight for the CL spots. Those who enjoy that aspect should do it now, cause its soon gone. In 2024 the big teams will get into CL every year no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    30 years would be too soon.
    Love how they couldn't even celebrate it with their fans via parade cause of COVID. The only satisfaction I get from this whole pandemic.
    I don’t even watch football much but this is pretty pathetic. That you’d get any satisfaction from someone else’s misery is just cringeworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    We cant ignore all the injuries they have, but thats something all teams deal with over the course of a season. The thing I find interesting with LFC is that they are not really playing that bad, they are lacking the extra edge in front of both goals. In the back ofc it hurts not having Van Dijk there.

I think winning the CL then PL(especially) was a huge blowout for the whole club. They put so much effort and work into winning it, its cleary a sign of fatigue at this point. Klopp is also know for wearing his team(s) down after several seasons of high octaine football.

Couple that with the lack of or not desire to replenish the squad with new players that are really good(to keep the momentum and competition up), they suffer. Its when you are winning you gotta be extra dilligent and get in new faces.

City is going to breeze away with the win this year and its going to be a massive fight for the CL spots. Those who enjoy that aspect should do it now, cause its soon gone. In 2024 the big teams will get into CL every year no matter what.
    From a cursory view at this, it seems they’re not just missing one. They’ve lost three defenders, two holding midfielders and then a forward up front. Most teams would struggle heavily in such a time. Apart from the very wealthy clubs, the depth would not be there to support such injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don’t even watch football much but this is pretty pathetic. That you’d get any satisfaction from someone else’s misery is just cringeworthy.
    - - - Updated - - -
    From a cursory view at this, it seems they’re not just missing one. They’ve lost three defenders, two holding midfielders and then a forward up front. Most teams would struggle heavily in such a time. Apart from the very wealthy clubs, the depth would not be there to support such injuries.
    You literally describe Liverpool in this statement. If you want to see what injuries do to a mid sized team look at my own Sheffield United decimated shadow of our former selves.

Don't blame VAR, blame the people who don't know how to properly use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Theres many more clubs than just LFC that have many injuries. Injuries is part of the problem, but its not the whole picture. When it comes to not being wealthy.. Well LFC got the money if they want to spend it. Maybe not PSG money, but they have if need be. Van Dijk has been out long before January and they knew a new CB or two was needed. They did eventually got someone in right before the window closed.

LFC probably took a calucalted risk by not splashing the cash in january for a very good CB and instead plan for summer signings. A decisison that might cost them a CL spot.

Many big coaches have said that when you are winning and your squad is doing got, it can often times be smart to invest in new players. PLayers that dont "fill up the squad", but players that actually bring something to the table and keep everyone on theyre toes. The two CB signings will be benched forever when everyone is fit again.

The very best teams does this. They bring in players that lift the level on the squad.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-02-22 at 06:06 PM.