Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he will stay the way he is. He will brood about being mind controlled by the Jailer in the next tie in novel, but in game he will continue being idealistic, nice and powerful. Yaaawn. He just got a cool paint job. A very cool one to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    To be fair, it would be lame if he wouldn't change.
    I'm suprised that he is only possessed and not dead-taken over.
    So far the jailer is a very softie of a baddie. He captured people, who got saved, we come and go in his realm, he took the key from the bastion chick which she survived. He caputred anduin, forshadowed something very bad, "your choice Sylvanas!" yadda yadda, turns out he is only possessed and got a cool sword. So anduin stabbed the bastion chick and she survived. Wow such emo moment.
    I mean...
    He isn't much of a bad guy so far. Sure he keeps souls in the Maw, but that is his job. Dunno why we should care about him or what he does. He was somebody before he did something and now he has to act as a Jailer, but he wants to prove a point and for that he needs four keys. If not for his scary looks and deep voice, he would be a quest giver. A sidequest giver. Gimme all the keys and I will make your ancestral sword even cooler looking.
    Hopefully 9.1 will reveal enough of his plans to make us (or rather me, I don't speak for everyone) care.

To my understanding ... ~this~ was canon. "son of the wolf" web comic put out during legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yaaawn. He just got a cool paint job. A very cool one to be fair.
    But will he keep the cool gear.... or revert to Goldmember's wet dream set?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    "But after the events in Shadowlands"

Dude literally spoiled

Andun will return from Shadowlands in Azeroth
    Anduin is the main character for the Alliance and the Human faction. I don't see him dying anytime soon without any kind of replacement setup. Varian could die because Anduin existed. If anything, Blizzard need to stop killing core characters and concentrate on establishing new ones, of every races/factions to interact with them. For such a large world, the roster of main characters is really small.

As for Anduin evolving, it's quite normal. After the torture, the mind control and other things to come, it's not difficult to imagine he will be different back on Azeroth. What's interesting is to imagine "how". The core aspect of Anduin is his goodness, his faith and his drive to do the right thing, be the good king, protect his people. Maybe being abandonned by the Light (if that's the case) while under the control of the Jailer will make him think twice about his faith and how he's supposed to act as a king.

I look forward to see how the character will evolve in the rest of Shadowlands and in future stories !

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck for him to reclaim his throne.

Even if he's gonna free himself from the Jailor's influence, I assume that some in the Alliance will think twice before trusting him again.

I really hope he will keep his dark side after Shadowlands.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Calling it. Those theories about him accepting the void will come true, because he will be angry that the light didn't help him when he was possessed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by J012D4N View Post
    But will he keep the cool gear.... or revert to Goldmember's wet dream set?
    Dunno. I hope he wont keep it. I want that sword for myself. Will look good on my (FFXIV) Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post

To my understanding ... ~this~ was canon. "son of the wolf" web comic put out during legion.
    'Was canon"

That means waaaay too little for Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's good to know some elements of his change will be permanent - I don't think anyone can experience what Anduin will experience and emerge close to the same as they were. It's my hope that this change is reflected both visually and fundamentally in his character, as well; an indelible mark of his transformation even though he may be freed from the Jailer's control.
    Well we already have the precident with Jaina after Theramore was bombed. That kind of thing will change anyone who survives it.

Turalyon is Regent Lord of Stormwind in Anduin's absence but in Shadows of the Horde, Anduin reveals he has it in writing Genn will become the King of Stormwind if he dies before having (legitimate) children.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "I will unite the Alliance and Horde in peace."

"That's nice."

"Through death."

"Not again."
    I admit, I actually laughed at this one. Good show!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The events will mentally affect him? You don't say.

Frankly, i'd be more surprised if they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Varian wasn't Anduin's father but rather a warden, like Ned Stark was to Jon Snow. Anduin is Menethil, son of Arthas and Jaina (or another woman, perhaps, we don't know about). They also bear a lot of facial similarity in cinematics.

So, at some point into SL I expect the "I'm your father" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    So, what if Anduin end-up being the bloodthirsty zealot while Turalyon and Genn becoming the sane ones aka Anduin is the next Garrosh-Sylvanas?
    The crown of light will only bring darkness.

My guess is he will turn to void, since the book Shadows rising has a hint towards it at the end. And some crisis of faith that may ensue from this experience with the jailer could motivate it. Never watched Star Wars but doesn't Luke turn to the dark side at some point? Kinda like that

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "I will unite the Alliance and Horde in peace."

"That's nice."

"Through death."

"Not again."
    Once more the Alliance will rule Azeroth! And... we shall have peace.

Seems to make sense. I mean even if I was put under someones elses control or was manipulated into doing something wrong.. even if later I was snapped out of it or realized my errors.. yeah.. I probably would be changed. I even change forever when I get a new car. Man.. seems a lot less of a deal than being mind controlled/mind fucked by an underlord of some dead realm where people that are bad are punished. Just saying..

10+ Year Old Account
    The comparisons to Arthas is obvious, Ion exaggerating aside, if anything Anduin will stay good and well that noble self that people love to moan about it. He just won't be(See the naiveness he shared when his character first started back in the day). As in, less naive anduin(The whole pacifist angle will be mostly gone). It would be backwards to just make him bad cause the comparisons to Arthas would be meaningless.

If I had to make a guess, he's probably(I don't like this direction with the Light but it does make sense within the story as it progresses) gonna feel similar to the way Velen feels with the Light. Thats my guess and well *Points to Turalyon and his original reaction Xe'ra being Illidaned to death*

It would not shock me to give this comparison of Anduin and Turalyon when it comes to Faith and the Light.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    "But after the events in Shadowlands"

Dude literally spoiled

Andun will return from Shadowlands in Azeroth
    This does feel a bit like complaining that it's a spoiler Harry potter won't die in the fourth book....

10+ Year Old Account
    So hes either going to have PTSD or he's going to become a lot more like Varian.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Nah, it will serve only to emphasize his perfection. As in, even in the face of being turned into the "same" thing as Sylvanas (not similar at all in any way shape or form, but the narrative pretends it is) he choose to be good and perfect. He will go "I now understand your pain Sylvanas and everything you went through" to which Sylvanas will go "omg you're right literally no one has ever done this for me, you're the first person to make me look inside myself, my eyes are open now" You heard it here first, folks. It will happen.

So, they couldn't invent any plausible explanation why Anduin would do any move that would please their inner suicidal goth teen edgelord and opted out for "a wizard did it! Jailer made him!". Mind control is always a stupidest and shittiest excuse in any plot, because it completely destroys any attempt of plausible personal motivation and logic.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.