Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    And now you are being disingenuous. You're using the definition of Seditious Conspiracy, not of Sedition. Again, words have meaning. Sedition happened, seditious conspiracy did not, and an attempted coup did not.

NOW this is turning into Insurrection thread 2.0. Quote me over there if you feel like continuing this.
    Ah yes, change the definition of words to suit your meaning? Not surprising.

And now you are being disingenuous. Again, words have meaning. Sedition happened, seditious conspiracy did not, and an attempted coup did not.
    Yet again ignoring that people were charged with a Seditious Conspiracy?

You're using the definition of Seditious Conspiracy, not of Sedition.
    That is Sedition.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but I don't care to keep up to date of the goings-on around qanon. I would not put much stock in it anyway, as I remember people proclaiming Jan 20th would be a violent day in DC as well. /shrug
    But, all you are doing is defending them... if you don’t know who they are, why are you commenting on it? How many troops where there on the 20th? You think that might have had something to do with it? Maybe all the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys being arrested?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know, don't care. My money is safe(ish) in my bank. Did you donate?
    Then why are you’d fending it? Why are you’d fending a theif?

Also, this is turning into Trump Thread 2.0. I'll stop responding to Trump discussion here, so feel free to quote me over in that thread instead.
    Trump is the name on the flags these terrorist are carrying... Are we supposed to ignore that? Trump was written on the flag, these terrorists replaced the American flag with... wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Again using words that don't mean what you think they mean. If you believe people were swindled, grifting would be far more accurate (id est, make sense. Corruption is just word pasta thrown against a wall in this context).
    Does the word Trump have meaning, when on the flag of these terrorist?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Dude is just shitposting. It's all he can do since his tinpot little idol became the biggest loser..

15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of denial from the right wing in this thread is staggering. It's as if they forgot Charlottesville, Jan 6th, all of the proud boy rallies, etc.

The right wing has been racking up quite the body count. Meanwhile BLM and antifa are flipping over trash cans and breaking some windows. OH NO, THE HORROR. Maybe the right should stop killing people and trying to overthrow a fair election in an attempted coup? And yes, it was an attempted coup. To try and argue otherwise just shows blatant ignorance of what happened. If you have no knowledge of something, don't talk about it. Pretty simple.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The amount of denial from the right wing in this thread is staggering. It's as if they forgot Charlottesville, Jan 6th, all of the proud boy rallies, etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's just angry posting...probably had a few buddies that got arrested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Not antifa.
    I don't know my dude, I think it looks like a lot of deep state communist false flag operations to try and tarnish the reputation of the God Presidemperor Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Maybe the right should stop killing people and trying to overthrow a fair election in an attempted coup? And yes, it was an attempted coup. To try and argue otherwise just shows blatant ignorance of what happened. If you have no knowledge of something, don't talk about it. Pretty simple.
    What's strange is there's a level of cognitive dissonance that goes along with this. People will deny that it's a coup, which put super simply is just violently seizing power from a government. They deny it, and say that the people at the capitol were just "patriots" doing what they thought was right. You then ask them what the rioters thought they were doing, and it will typically be something along the lines of stopping the certification of a "fraudulent" election, meaning that, by definition, they are trying to seize power from congress. It's like, they were either there being "patriots" and attempting to perform a coup, or they were violent right-wing rioters intent on sieging the capitol for no reasons (i.e.: haha, funny prank)?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's just angry posting...probably had a few buddies that got arrested.
    Outside of the hyperbole, that’s the part that keeps me from going off on these people. They just wanted to belong and got conned by Trump. It’s easy to say... look how stupid Trump is, it’s their fault for falling for it... but, this was billions spent by news networks and political pacts. It was profiteers online and even in churches, that have millions of dollars riding on making sure Trump is god emperor.

It’s easy to say these people are stupid, but Trump campaigned for 4 years, with nearly weekly rallies, with the left as the antagonist. It’s a factor I don’t think gets enough play, but for me was the most drastic difference between Trump and every other president. In order to maintain his sub 50% approval, he didn’t legislate or govern as a populist. Unlike any president I am aware of, Trump’s popularity hinged and was built on, endless campaigning... endless Trump rallies, telling his supporters what to think. Not national speeches or pontificating from Oval Office, but things that would not appeal to majority of Americans. Things specifically designed, be it intentionally or not, to keep his supporters with a constant dose of the red pill...

What you are seeing now with the increased prominence of QAnon and all the shit after the election, now that Trump isn’t campaigning daily, is pretty much withdrawal. They need another hit of the red pill, but the dealer is too busy playing golf and bitching about people who slighted him. What do addicts do when they can’t get that hit? Take extreme measures to feel that high again... hence the OP... I just hope jail has enough organic foods...

Edit: Would you take a drug, that made you feel like you are the bedrock of the country? A drug that makes you feel like it was your hands that built this country? For a feeling that you are heroes in the dark abyss of society? Would you take a pill that gave you an unwavering since of superiority and righteousness?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-02-21 at 02:01 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Felya, exactly the same applies to Dems and their supporters. Both parties dope you up and make you feel important while casting the other party as a mortal enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Felya, exactly the same applies to Dems and their supporters. Both parties dope you up and make you feel important while casting the other party as a mortal enemy
    And yet... you relegated yourself to shilling for murderers and racists.

The Dems didn't force you to do it.

Stop the both sides crap only one side directly assaulted the constitution and attempted to kill our politicians to overthrow the government.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I don't know my dude, I think it looks like a lot of deep state communist false flag operations to try and tarnish the reputation of the God Presidemperor Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

What's strange is there's a level of cognitive dissonance that goes along with this. People will deny that it's a coup, which put super simply is just violently seizing power from a government. They deny it, and say that the people at the capitol were just "patriots" doing what they thought was right. You then ask them what the rioters thought they were doing, and it will typically be something along the lines of stopping the certification of a "fraudulent" election, meaning that, by definition, they are trying to seize power from congress. It's like, they were either there being "patriots" and attempting to perform a coup, or they were violent right-wing rioters intent on sieging the capitol for no reasons (i.e.: haha, funny prank)?
    It's straight of denial from posters like Zeth. "You have to have the intention of overthrowing the government for it to be a coup/insurrection! If they just think they're doing the right thing, then it's not that!" It's like they don't realize every single coup and insurrection in history is people trying to overthrow the current government because they believed it was the right thing. People seem to think that the only way crimes are committed is by people who have inherently evil intention in their heart, and aside from a few psychopaths, nobody commits crimes BECAUSE they think it's the wrong thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hilarious that when backed into a corner and forced to face just how awful their party is, conservatives always default to the "BOTH SIDES" defense. Are conservatives really so enamored with denying the dark side of their own party that their only rebuke to acknowledging how awful it is, is to go "BOTH SIDES ARE BAD"?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

And the coward remains a coward.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really telling that you have to resort to an empty "you're just as bad!" falsehood, implicitly admitting that Republicans are behaving abominably. You can't defend it, so you deflect and make up false accusations to try and present a misleading "both sides" nonsense narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not... Name a single democrat, that campaigned for the duration of their term. Why is Trump not holding any more campaign rallies, but is still attending CPAC and calls into FOX? You can’t both side this... there is no one like it... that includes no other Republican like him, because even with Reagan... a lot of the mystique is retroactive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's really telling that you have to resort to an empty "you're just as bad!" falsehood, implicitly admitting that Republicans are behaving abominably. You can't defend it, so you deflect and make up false accusations to try and present a misleading "both sides" nonsense narrative.
    I wasn’t talking about republicans in general... In fact, I am trying to highlight the difference between current republicans and anyone from US presidential history. It doesn’t make since to both side this... I am saying Trump is unique in this regard, for both sides.

Don’t both side, a both sider...

This is not a "both sides" situation my dude.

One side is a coalition of white supremacists, conspiracy loons and religious extremists with a propensity towards murder and fascism.

The other side, for all its plentiful faults and shortcomings, is none of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    This is not a "both sides" situation my dude.

One side is a coalition of white supremacists, conspiracy loons and religious extremists with a propensity towards murder and fascism.

The other side, for all its plentiful faults and shortcomings, is none of the above.
    I mean there are or perhaps were since it seems pulled from liveleaks people chanting racial slurs while beating a man to death in a blacklivesmatter riot. It seems like the media doesn't report on certain contrarian views but it seems like both sides are racial supremacists, conspiracy loons, and religious extremists with prosperity towards murder and fascism.

It's just how they frame it. Critical race theory, elites undermining an overloaded job market, just trust science while actively resisting the scientific method.

It's the same shit just a different pile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean there are or perhaps were since it seems pulled from liveleaks people chanting racial slurs while beating a man to death in a blacklivesmatter riot. It seems like the media doesn't report on certain contrarian views but it seems like both sides are racial supremacists, conspiracy loons, and religious extremists with prosperity towards murder and fascism.

It's just how they frame it. Critical race theory, elites undermining an overloaded job market, just trust science while actively resisting the scientific method.

It's the same shit just a different pile.
    A lot of "it seems" and not a lot of evidence.

As said, there's no equivalency between the two beyond the moronic assumption that political opinions should be judged by how vocal their supporters are rather than what is actually being advocated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    A lot of "it seems" and not a lot of evidence.

As said, there's no equivalency between the two beyond the moronic assumption that political opinions should be judged by how vocal their supporters are rather than what is actually being advocated.
    He has been challenged dozens of times to back up his bullshit, and he always comes up empty.

At the end of the day, these people are going to great lengths to shill for white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He has been challenged dozens of times to back up his bullshit, and he always comes up empty.

At the end of the day, these people are going to great lengths to shill for white supremacists and neo-Nazis.
    I mean it's hard to watch a video of someone begging for their life .

It's not really possible to show any of it without showing the video that would accomplish two things. Get my ass instantly banned for posting a video that ends with a chunk of concrete smashing down on someone's head silencing him and then having people ignore it or say the people screaming BLM were not really BLM.

You can't convince the indoctrinated they will actively resist information counter to their beliefs. I can't see BLM as anything other then an excuse for criminals to run wild... this comes from hours of watching riot footage of them cutting frie fighter hoses, tossing bricks off of over passes and looting.

Still the CBC says they are peaceful and until people have the reality of it come crashing down on their heads they will defend that narrative to their dying breath.