Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Looking for Macros for Red Mage

1st ... If your message is going to be something like "Never USE MACROS in FFXIV...blah, blah, blah. ... etc" move onto another message now, you clearly did not read the Title of this message request and are not interested in helping me anyway, so please take your condescending attitude to some other message cause I'm not interested in hearing your droning lecture about it.

For those people/players that are still reading, Thank You.

I want to play FFXIV, with my friends, enjoy the game, and have fun. To that end I want a few Macros to help me play a Red Mage.

I am looking for Macros for :

Single Target, Multi/AOE Targets, and any other special use skill.

For those that can provide help to answering this question. Thank You Again.

What exactly are you wanting the Macros to do? What you have written doesn't really provide enough information on the function of the Macros you want.

The Balance discord would probably get what you need a lot quicker than MMO-C.

What I'm looking for is Macro(s) for Single Target attacks, Macro(s) for Multi/AOE attacks, and any that would be useful ... I don't know, common Red Mage stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also What is "Balance discord"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarc View Post
    What I'm looking for is Macro(s) for Single Target attacks, Macro(s) for Multi/AOE attacks, and any that would be useful ... I don't know, common Red Mage stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also What is "Balance discord"?
    It's essentially a discord server that has guides and places to ask questions for all job related questions.

Issue with your question is red mage doesn't really work well with macros because they are a balancing game between their mana levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, maybe if you spent the time that went into the attitude of that first paragraph on telling everyone what you're looking for these macros to do...
    I am looking for Macros for :

Single Target, Multi/AOE Targets, and any other special use skill.

seems you didn't read the message.

Even ignoring the "not optimal" argument of it, is Red Mage even possible to create a macro that would in any way substitute for a rotation? The problem you are going to run into is the Dualcast/proc nature of the class and trying to balance out the White/Black Mana does not lend well for even a substandard macro.

Maybe pick a different class? It sounds like you are more vested in playing the game with your friends and having a relaxing time rather than playing the mechanics of a specific class. If you aren't doing any hard content, any of the healers (WHM especially) don't have that many buttons and are pretty easy. 2 single target, and 1 aoe offensive, and as they get higher in levels a ton of OGCD abilities to keep people alive. I forgot about Afflatus Misery and Assize, but even those 2 don't add much complexity.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2021-02-22 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    It's essentially a discord server that has guides and places to ask questions for all job related questions.

Issue with your question is red mage doesn't really work well with macros because they are a balancing game between their mana levels...

(>.<)

Thank You for answering what Balance Discord is, I do appreciate that really.

HOWEVER, the "Issue with your question is red mage doesn't really work well with macros ... blah, blah, blah blah, ... etc" is EXACTLY the type of reply I knew was going to be coming and posted. It is the very reason that I wrote that 1st paragraph, and it only took 4 or 5 replies to occur. I have no interest in hearing about theory craft about Macros in FFXIV or why they don't work for this or that or why you should only be using skills on action bars, jeeze honestly on this and several other subjects Final Fantasy players are many times worst than the most condescending World of Warcraft player.

So, to spell it out again:

I want to:

1. Play FFXIV
    2. With my friends
    3. Enjoy the game
    4. Have fun

To that end I want a few Macros to help me play a Red Mage.

I am looking for Macros that :

1. Macro skills to do Damage/DPS to Single Targets
    2. Macro skills to do Damage/DPS to Multi/AOE Targets
    3. Macro skills that are commonly used or useful with a Red Mage

I hope it is now clear what I am looking for, as well as what I am not looking for. So far out of 4 replies not one has offered actually offer a constructive reply, like this is a Macro you would use for DPS on a single target, this is one you would use on Multi targets, or Red Mages are always do "X" and to make doing "X" easier you can use this Macro to make it easier, etc.

and what other combos with that

10+ Year Old Account
    and what other combos with that
    You do realize that macro is literally only jolt right? And like me and The Casualty said, red mage does not do well with macros because of the proc and balance nature of the class.

Red mage is super easy to play, just learn to play it naturally.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2021-02-22 at 07:39 PM.

You know, this is why I find Final Fantasy so hard to get into, really - and why I sometime really hate playing it. If I had posted this type of question on a World of Warcraft forums sure I would have gotten the idiots replying and all but with in a reply or two I would have had somebody, some player, say "Hey you can create a Macro for Single Target DPS, string together these spells like this", "For Multi/AOE Targets, create a Macro to string together these spells" and "Oh for your class you'll to create a Macro to do by string these spells cause you'll be using it somewhat often.", you know answering the question and being helpful.

I want to get back into Final Fantasy, I want to play with my friends again, and I want to have fun in the environment of Final Fantasy killing mobs and finishing quest and objectives. I do not want to spend my whole time playing whack-a-mole on whatever skill/talent lights up on 10 different action bars that are cluttering the screen. I want 4 or 5 Macros of chained skill/talents/spell that will let me kill mobs, provide support in fight, and generally help out with playing with my friends. I want a Macro for Single Target, that strings some skills/talents/etc together to kill a Single Mob, a Macro for Multi/AOE, that strings skills/talents/etc together to kill a Group of Mobs together, and a few Macro to assist the group of people I'm playing with at the time with whatever Red Mages are good at or assisting with.

You know, this is why I find Final Fantasy so hard to get into, really - and why I sometime really hate playing it. If I had posted this type of question on a World of Warcraft forums sure I would have gotten the idiots replying and all but with in a reply or two I would have had somebody, some player, say "Hey you can create a Macro for Single Target DPS, string together these spells like this", "For Multi/AOE Targets, create a Macro to string together these spells" and "Oh for your class you'll to create a Macro to do by string these spells cause you'll be using it somewhat often.", you know answering the question and being helpful.

I want to get back into Final Fantasy, I want to play with my friends again, and I want to have fun in the environment of Final Fantasy killing mobs and finishing quest and objectives. I do not want to spend my whole time playing whack-a-mole on whatever skill/talent lights up on 10 different action bars that are cluttering the screen. I want 4 or 5 Macros of chained skill/talents/spell that will let me kill mobs, provide support in fight, and generally help out with playing with my friends. I want a Macro for Single Target, that strings some skills/talents/etc together to kill a Single Mob, a Macro for Multi/AOE, that strings skills/talents/etc together to kill a Group of Mobs together, and a few Macro to assist the group of people I'm playing with at the time with whatever Red Mages are good at or assisting with.
    And I answered your question. You are not asking about World of Warcraft. You are asking about Final Fantasy XIV. You picked the class that quite possibly has the worst time with the possibility of automating their rotation with a macro and don't like the answer when people tell you that there is no easy way to do this.

For example. Let's look at AOE. For GCD spells, You have Impact, Verareo II, Verthunder II, and Enchanted Moulinet. You want to use Verthunder/Verareo depending on the level of white/black mana. There is no way to create a priority system in macros, so you need to leave those separate. You only want to use Impact if you have the dualcast buff. Enchanted Moulinet might be something that you could macro at the end of a spell, but the problem is that it lets you cast it even if you don't have enough white/black mana to make it Enchanted, which is something you don't want to do. I *suppose* you could macro all of the abilities separately and then tack on a /ac "Contra Sixte" /ac "Fleche" but all that would do is save you 2 spaces, and really does nothing to overall change your rotation.

Honestly, if you care so little about playing the class and aren't concerned with performance, literally just spam Jolt or Jolt II depending on the level for single target. That way your white and black mana will always be the same. You don't have to worry about hardcasting the longer spells by accident, and you can just use your combo when you get above 80 mana. You could even add those macros for Contra Sixte and Fleche onto Jolt. And as long as you are just getting carried by your friends, no one will give you grief about how you play.

Personally, I stand by my earlier advice. You don't want to learn how to play Red Mage even passably. Pick a different job. There are a ton of them with a variety of playstyles. Some of them like Black Mage have nuance with less required buttons. Others might be easier to macro. Healers, again, have the fewest offensive buttons and you likely will be hitting less buttons overall. Hell, if you DPS even moderately in a dungeon as a healer, you are doing half decent.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2021-02-22 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Honestly, if you care so little about playing the class and aren't concerned with performance, literally just spam Jolt or Jolt II depending on the level for single target.
    I agree with this. Not even sure if macroing stuff would even deal more damage, the way macros work.

macros in ffxiv don't work that way. you have to learn to play like everyone else or use a controller.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account

No, if you posted on here for WoW and said "Hey I need a single target macro for fire mage" everyone would have said "That's a stupid thing and you should feel bad".
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    No, if you posted on here for WoW and said "Hey I need a single target macro for fire mage" everyone would have said "That's a stupid thing and you should feel bad".
    Wrong. I would have gotten something like say:

Macro for Single Cast

/cast Fireball
    /cast Combustion
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fireball
    /cast Scorch

and weave in /cast Pyroblast

Macro for Single Cast

/cast Fireball
    /cast Combustion
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fireball
    /cast Scorch

Except Macros don't work like that. Not in WoW or in FFXIV. You can't have multiple abilities built into the same Macro so you can play with that one button Macro.

There's no reason to have a Macro for a single ability when a keybind does the same thing, though you could easily do so if you really wanted.

This isn't about trying to tell you that you shouldn't macro because it's less optimal, etc... it's because you literally can't do what you're asking for in FFXIV, especially with Red Mage.

Except they do... this is clipped from a WoW Macro for Fire and ...

/micon “Heavy Shot”
    /ac “Misery’s End” <t>
    /ac “Bloodletter” <t>
    /ac “Heavy Shot” <t>

clipped from a macro Archer/Bard

Macro for Single Cast

/cast Fireball
    /cast Combustion
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fireball
    /cast Scorch

That macro will only ever cast one spell, and that's fireball.

You can make a macro that will cast one spell over and over for Red Mage if you want too, but why not just cast jolt over and over if you don't care about being bad? It's nigh impossible to write a macro for Red Mage that will actually do anything because what spells you can cast next are all either procs and/or based on what you black or white mana is at.