Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Are those guys even trying to pretend they aren't lying? forums is full of this shit about new customizations and they say they don't have nothing?

The customizations were supposed to be the big sell point from Shadowlands since we were not getting a new class or new races and they are, once again, half assenting this shit

I can't believe there is no option for dragonmaw or blackrock skin for orcs, neither true grimtotem colors for taurens and beards for trolls, but they bend over for the elf shitshow
    While I agree that lack of customizations suck dick and everything...

That's not the big "sell point" of the expansion. That's arguably Torghast, or...well...the Expansion's story + the Covenants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Makes you wonder why it's on the Shadowlands expansion page. :^)
    Reminder that the WoD page STILL has the fucking content not given to us, but was promised on the site. I'm mad now...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Ya, it was weird.

Dev: "ya, it was a big success and people love it and want more"

Interviewer: "so, are you gonna add more"

Dev: "nah"

Everyone: ???????
    Its litterally one of the few core features shadowlands has.. and they dont even continue with it.. huge dissapointment and facepalm at the same time.

Blizzard why??

Edit: see my signature for more tears.. it shows exactly how sad this whole thibg is imo.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-22 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Reminder that the WoD page STILL has the fucking content not given to us, but was promised on the site. I'm mad now...
    Ah, WoD. Good times. /s

Come on. I know that with a company the size of Blizzard, they have "that guy" or "that girl" low on the totem pole that they give the jobs no one wants to do. Why can't that person do the simple stuff. There is literally NO logical reason for any Normal Orc hairstyle to not be available for Maghar. There is no reason any Belf style should not be available to Velfs. Remove the void tendrils and vice-versus. They're the same fuckin' things. All Dwarf beards should be available to Black Irons. It's just laziness, or a deliberate holding back in order to use it as a "feature" down the road when they're light on patch content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah, WoD. Good times. /s
    I feel fucking sad now. WoD really could've been the best expansion, huh?

I mean, I didn't expect the Blizzard from these last years to do something correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Its pretty obvious at this point that they are feeling the effects of talent leaving the company. Im sure Morhaime's company down the street is a pretty attractive offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    To me it sounds a lot like "Corporate gone mad" and giving the developers zero creative freedom or ability to work on side-projects that take little to no time to do. I'm starting to realize why a lot of OG's are leaving Blizzard for greener pastures or to create their own studios, it's shit like this, it's becoming increasingly less about the player enjoyment and more about "What can we create for less"
    Stop with this Morhaime dick riding man. The OGs had over a decade to expand customization and didn't. Even convincing them to add xmog was like pulling pulling teeth because they were worried about people getting their feelings hurt because other players don't have to "earn" raid appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    As long as we get Kyrian, Venthyr, Gladiator and Sylvar allied races at the end of this expansion it's all good.

The original 4 Legion Allied Races (especially Nightborne) could use some love and attention but nobody who really cares plays those races in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Warfront Armor is better than Heritage Armor. Humans, Orcs, Undead, Night Elves got 4 sets instead of just 1. Including an entire lineup of Race-themed Weapons. Heritage Weapons were supposed to be a thing but never happened.

You should be saying everyone else got screwed out of Warfront sets.
    Pretty much. I especially thirst for Venthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Stop with this Morhaime dick riding man. The OGs had over a decade to expand customization and didn't. Even convincing them to add xmog was like pulling pulling teeth because they were worried about people getting their feelings hurt because other players don't have to "earn" raid appearance.
    I wasn't talking about that specifically. Just saying that when a competitor pops up right next door and doesn't have all the corporate nonsense, you are probably going to have talent leave. There were a bunch if peoppe from blizzard that left to Morhaime's company.

I feel fucking sad now. WoD really could've been the best expansion, huh?
    I mean, for me, the time travel was always iffy.

But ignoring that, it looked like it was going to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I wasn't talking about that specifically. Just saying that when a competitor pops up right next door and doesn't have all the corporate nonsense, you are probably going to have talent leave. There were a bunch if peoppe from blizzard that left to Morhaime's company.
    Yeah, I can't blame them in that case.

That said, the cycle of game dev companies just makes it clear that when Morhaime's new company becomes popular, it'll just be cannibalized and become a corporatized mess, too.

It's tragic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Come on. I know that with a company the size of Blizzard, they have "that guy" or "that girl" low on the totem pole that they give the jobs no one wants to do. Why can't that person do the simple stuff. There is literally NO logical reason for any Normal Orc hairstyle to not be available for Maghar. There is no reason any Belf style should not be available to Velfs. Remove the void tendrils and vice-versus. They're the same fuckin' things. All Dwarf beards should be available to Black Irons. It's just laziness, or a deliberate holding back in order to use it as a "feature" down the road when they're light on patch content.
    It can be many things.

For me, it's one of two things or both.

1. They now realize just how popular the feature is and are holding it hostage. "In case of hemorrhaging subs, push customization button."

2. Corporate bureaucracy. Adding a full list of options could be done relatively quickly. But the tiniest changes and additions require twenty-five meetings with different departments to get it pushed through.

I assume at some point they'll add some of the customizations from the base races to the allied races like they did with void elves already.

7+ Year Old Account
    (cough) more dh sets (cough)
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

I literally could not care less about this. I've never understood how someone could possibly have so much free time that they give a fuck about adjusting their character's nostril height or ear lobe length instead of actually playing a game and I don't understand why you need 600 different shades of hair colour individually adjustable per hair/mustache/beard in order to enjoy playing WoW.

A single second of dev time spent on character customization beyond what we currently have is completely wasted when it could be going towards gameplay improvements instead.

Alternatively, I don't understand how someone can care about the massive amount of dev time that goes to developing a new clone of a raid instance that's going to have nearly identical gameplay to the 100+ instances that lie completely abandoned from past expansions.

How many different ways can you have "mob smash, dodge" be interesting?

Why not have dev time spent on something everyone uses and constantly stays with the character?

It's almost like this is an RPG or role playing game, where customizing your character and actually playing it as a unique individual, including how they look, is a key part of the genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

7+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that lack of customizations suck dick and everything...

That's not the big "sell point" of the expansion. That's arguably Torghast, or...well...the Expansion's story + the Covenants.
    Art director Ely Cannon notes that the team’s “main priority” is on creating endgame content, new zones, mechanics, and bosses, but cosmetics will remain an ongoing focus.

“Whenever possible, we’ll keep expanding on [customization],” Cannon said in an interview with Polygon. “We’re really, really happy with what we’ve achieved so far and super positive that the community is so positive about that.”
    Key words. ONGOING FOCUS

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/13/21...lls-void-elves

Dawson said: “Ultimately, just to do it right took a massive undertaking, and a lot of development time, and we wanted to make sure that we committed to that in Shadowlands.”

“This is just the beginning for our character customization, I’m sure there will be more hair styles and eye colors, different things that we add throughout the course of what we’re learning from what people want in the community as a result of that.”

The team are incredibly proud of and happy with the additions for players in being able to express their fantasy, with Dawson adding: “We hit the mark, there’s still more to go, but we hit the mark.”
    https://www.dexerto.com/world-of-war...lands-1455863/

if it was not the sell point too i don't know what it is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    I mean, I didn't expect the Blizzard from these last years to do something correctly.
    this, we actually played ourselves here, this was to be expected

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Alternatively, I don't understand how someone can care about the massive amount of dev time that goes to developing a new clone of a raid instance that's going to have nearly identical gameplay to the 100+ instances that lie completely abandoned from past expansions.

How many different ways can you have "mob smash, dodge" be interesting?

Why not have dev time spent on something everyone uses and constantly stays with the character?

It's almost like this is an RPG or role playing game, where customizing your character and actually playing it as a unique individual, including how they look, is a key part of the genre.
    If you can't "role play" a character unless the eyebrow width is correct then you lack the imagination required to "role play" sufficiently anyway.

By the way, the third word of the acronym you keep throwing around is the important one. It's a game, so the gameplay is important. Some of the most highly rated RPGs of all time involve zero physical customization of your character whatsoever, almost as if their appearance is literally irrelevant.

It's actually not even worth arguing with you about - thankfully, the devs understand what I'm saying and disagree with what you're saying, so you're in the position of having to complain about it and I'm in the position to just continue enjoying the game. Sorry not sorry, I guess.

To be honest WoW pales in comparison to some games when it comes to character customization. Put side by side to games like Blade and Soul & Black Desert online, and WoW would be crushed in a instant..at least in that area. Blizzard choosing to stick back in time like it is 1995 is somewhat depressing. Not sure if they are choosing to stick behind like this due to the simp casuals or are scared to progress forward with something fresh and exciting. Hard to say.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Key words. ONGOING FOCUS

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/13/21...lls-void-elves

https://www.dexerto.com/world-of-war...lands-1455863/

if it was not the sell point too i don't know what it is

- - - Updated - - -

this, we actually played ourselves here, this was to be expected
    Yeah, ongoing focus...

Doesn't mean consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Not sure if they are choosing to stick behind like this due to the simp casuals
    "Simp casuals" are literally the only people who want absurd Eastern MMO character creation implemented in WoW. I don't know how else to describe someone who would rather play Second Life than an actual game, personally.

The character customization options have historically been awful. This is why most female characters end up looking similar because for any given race there's usually only a couple of 'good' faces and hair. They could nix probably 80% of the customization options and few would notice because they're not cute or cool and almost no one uses them. The hairstyles they added for female BEs besides the tiara one (which is marred by the fact that you can't hide the tiara or color it to match your jewelry) were laughably bad. Female BEs also have the issue of most of their hairstyles being perfectly coiffed, so few of them appear particularly fitting for a DK or DH. Also, if you look at the female Draenei hairstyles, the new ones are obviously frankensteined together so I can't take the time cost argument seriously. (Edit: Don't even get me started on female NE faces and the default smile. Good luck making a DH or DK that doesn't look like a cheerleader or RPing a NE that doesn't look like she was lobotomized after Teldrassil.)

Then you have examples like the Kul'Tiran females with nice, original hairstyles for an extremely minority race/gender combo.

Human options are now locked behind skin color, which is ridiculous. I think they're also the only race that got actual new faces and the quality of them is noticeably superior to the originals but, again, if you want to use them you're limited by skintone.

I didn't believe Blizzard when they said they were going to start focusing on character creation options because they've never shown any interest in it before so to see them not planning anything further isn't surprising, just predictable and disappointing. Especially when you consider the minor amount of effort they'd have to put into some of them. I would love to actually be torn on what options to use for a character, but more often than not I struggle to make ones of the same race look different because there just aren't enough good customization options.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    When they added "new" hairstyles in Wrath this is basically all they did. I think they threw in a few unused alpha hairstyles judging by the poor quality of them, but the majority were existing hairstyles they made available to other races by scaling them (sometimes comically) to different models. They don't even need to do that with allied races, so I agree this seems an arbitrary limitation when many of the new options already perfectly fit their base race who somehow can't use them. It especially doesn't make sense for VEs who are not culturally different from BEs. I'd like an option for VEs to disable the tentacles anyway, I'm not a fan of them and they ruin otherwise good hairstyles.
    Last edited by Lane; 2021-02-22 at 11:55 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson