Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Longterm D2 fan, bought collectors D2 back in the day and still play it today.

That being said, $54 CAD is pricy. I likely won't pick it up until it goes on sale. I suspect the price mostly comes with how they're remaking everything in 3D and redoing all the cinematics. Cinematics I can watch online any time, it's the base game that I want (Shared Stash) and that's about the only reason I'd want a remake.

Otherwise I'm literally still playing D2 and it runs fast and plays exactly as I want it to. And if it doesn't there's plenty of mods with QOL features for me to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What? Source on this? Afaik they removed the 25fps lock, which more likely than not required rewriting of code.
    Then we simply have to fact that sprite animation implementation is different than 3d model animations. So even there it's new code. Same goes with spell effects that require new code.

Heres the video, they bascially talk about it the whole time but if you want a specific quote go from 6:10 mins in to 8mins
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2021-02-22 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Heres the video, they bascially talk about it the whole time but if you want a specific quote go from 6:10 mins in to 8mins
    "Our new art engine is running ontop of the old engine" One of the first sentences debunks your claim.

So you basically took what they said and oversimplified to "just 3d models slapped onto old engine".
    I am however very impressed with hearing how they managed to keep the 25fps mechanic base and translate it over to higher frame rate animations. Which once again, requires more work than "just slapping it ontop" of it.

As he mentions 7:26 forward... modern games runs on time while old games runs on frames. Different foundations. He also says "it was no small effort". Which I guess you probably don't believe.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    personally im counting down till i can preorder it and pay for PS 4 version. i always will love the console play better than pc becasue i met diablo for teh forst time as a playstation game.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

"Our new art engine is running ontop of the old engine" One of the first sentences debunks your claim.

So you basically took what they said and oversimplified to "just 3d models slapped onto old engine".
    I am however very impressed with hearing how they managed to keep the 25fps mechanic base and translate it over to higher frame rate animations. Which once again, requires more work than "just slapping it ontop" of it.

As he mentions 7:26 forward... modern games runs on time while old games runs on frames. Different foundations. He also says "it was no small effort". Which I guess you probably don't believe.
    Sigh......

Why do I bother honestly.

You cretins already have your mind made up that anything someone says is "hating"

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    starcraft remaster $15
    warcraft deforged $30
    diablo ressurect $40

starting to get steep.
    The Starcraft remaster was just an upscale of the original graphics for modern resolutions and some new GFx.
    Warcraft III Reforged is an upgrade of the graphics engine allowing hi-res textures and 3D models instead of sprites like it's predecessor.
    With Diablo II Resurrected, they had to remake the entire game from scratch, both engine and visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
    The Starcraft remaster was just an upscale of the original graphics for modern resolutions and some new GFx.
    Warcraft III Reforged is an upgrade of the graphics engine allowing hi-res textures and 3D models instead of sprites like it's predecessor.
    With Diablo II Resurrected, they had to remake the entire game from scratch, both engine and visuals.
    They didn't remake the engine. As mention multiple times in the interview they did after, it's just the original game with a better graphic over it.

Nothing was remade in terms of game balance, stats, class, monsters, zone, none of that was touched.

You get better graphics (with UI) and a shared stashed, that's all this remaster is doing by the way.

They said multiple times (It's still the old game running behind).

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    They didn't remake the engine. As mention multiple times in the interview they did after, it's just the original game with a better graphic over it.

Nothing was remade in terms of game balance, stats, class, monsters, zone, none of that was touched.

You get better graphics (with UI) and a shared stashed, that's all this remaster is doing by the way.

They said multiple times (It's still the old game running behind).
    can you please tell @Kumorii that who cant even realise that when the developers directly say that.

Sigh......

Why do I bother honestly.

You cretins already have your mind made up that anything someone says is "hating"
    The reason why I believe as such is due to your own misrepresentation of what was being said into an oversimplified statement that's blatantly false within 2s of your won source. If you don't want to be called out on BS don't spout it. Hate all you want... I don't care about that one iota. It's the misinformation I was attacking, not your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

can you please tell @Kumorii that who cant even realise that when the developers directly say that.
    And here you are again,misinformation, read my post... you can see me saying i'm impressed they managed to keep the old engine. Which clearly infers that I understand it runs on the old engine even if I didn't believe it at first... They did however say they have a new art engine ontop of it to translate all the old-tech engine stuff into modern animations, which isn't as easy as "slap 3d models ontop of the game".
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I don't think it's worth it to argue and prove to someone on these forums anything. The truth is out there, whether people want to believe it or not it doesn't matter. Most people on these forums will never admit they are wrong even if you give them screenshots and all the proofs in the world, it won't happen. Don't waste your time with anyone. Just link the video and maybe tell the time segment so they can look it up and then let go. Best decision imo

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I don't think it's worth it to argue and prove to someone on these forums anything. The truth is out there, whether people want to believe it or not it doesn't matter. Most people on these forums will never admit they are wrong even if you give them screenshots and all the proofs in the world, it won't happen. Don't waste your time with anyone. Just link the video and maybe tell the time segment so they can look it up and then let go. Best decision imo
    Yeah, it does seem that the majority just come in with their mind set and are looking to reinforce it, rather than have an honest discussion and use facts and merit.

Er, no. It's exactly as he said it.

The art engine runs *on top* of the old code. It's synced in a way that you visually get to see 60fps, but the game is still using the exact same code that uses the same breakpoints and animation frame counts as the original. IE- the original source code (for framecount) isn't being rewritten. They're just using new visuals though a new rendering system on top of the old. It's literally slapping on 3D model visuals over top, and with the freedom to apply actual custom visuals that sync with the 'icon art'.

It's not really translating the 25fps mechanics at all. It's running its own 60fps animations, so there will be visual inconsistencies but overall should look smoother to the point where the 'lack of jankiness' isn't going to impact the game all too much unless you're one of those players who intentionally framecounts.

Well yes, because it wouldn't be a small effort actually getting an untested system like this to work out. They retooled the graphics engine, and that is not the same thing as changing the game engine itself. They aren't one and the same.

However, we do know of other changes actually done regarding the game engine. They mentioned that the old source code was limited in how it dealt with itemization, and how the engine they're working with right now has the freedom to add new items without having to 'hack' old items to do so.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-02-23 at 02:38 AM.

Wait till its on sale to buy it...but i think 40 dollars is more then fine imo

Perhaps I misunderstood one of the panels, but its been gnawing at me all day. I am not sure if I have this correctly or am simply confused either. But if D2R will run at 60fps but is still locked to the old 25fps cycle, how will FHR/FBR/FC work?

That doesn't make sense to me when one of the devs says they are smoothing out the animation cycle. If I am running a Sorc with Teleport, the animation rate would be important to me and my over FC. Or a Pally with a shield, FBR or screamer Barb.

I have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    $40 is pretty reasonable.
    No....no its not, for a remastered game with no new content, that isn't okay.

I'll be passing on it, maybe get it when its on sale for $20

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarithras View Post
    These prices are beyond reasonable.

In 1990, new NES games were going for these prices. SNES games were going for even more, some $79.99. From 1990 to now, new game prices have essentially stagnated. In that same timeframe, inflation has the US paying 2x what it paid in 1990.

Besides, game dev wise, the only aspect a remaster saves money on is design. All of the other work to build a game is still required - assets (art, sound), code, project management, production, distribution, etc. Remaster don't re-use any of the old game. $45 is already less than other new games, to expect any less is simply misunderstanding what goes into making these remasters.
    No new content, just a visual update. People are obviously going to buy it because they're that obsessed with D2, but it definitely isn't worth $40 to me, or even $30.

Why is what Diablo 4 would almost cost what D2 remastered costs? Buy our new, old game, at full price.

Sorry, but that's just hilarious, and even moreso that people defend it, even MORE moreso after W3 Reforged.
    Last edited by La; 2021-02-23 at 02:55 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Why is what Diablo 4 would almost cost what D2 remastered costs? Buy our new, old game, at full price.

Sorry, but that's just hilarious, and even moreso that people defend it, even MORE moreso after W3 Reforged.
    What's hilarious is that you think you can decide for other people whether or not $40 is worth it.

If you don't think it's worth $40...don't buy it. Simple as that.

Some people are going to be getting hundreds of hours of gameplay for that $40. As opposed to paying $60 for a new game that they'll finish in 30 hours and never look at again.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post

“A totally different game had issues, therefore all future projects should have their costs slashed.”

This keeps coming up and makes zero sense. The only thing Reforged should do is make you think twice about preordering. A bad game doesn’t suddenly change the entire pricing structure of a company, nor should it.

And fwiw, 40 bucks is not full price(that’d be 60-70 bucks). It’s the going rate on remasters.

Is there really just 1 page of shared stash? Seems like a snafu there. People want infinite pages.

A popular way to play the game is to play seasons to get season-only stuff, then at end-of-season the character is dumped into the general pool and you can now use that stuff outside ladder. Also, collectors who try to obtain all items in the game will dislike 1 page. means you still need a collection of mules.

But maybe I'm wrong and there are more stash pages.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah I think it's too expensive for an old game I already have that still works well.
    id agree if diablo 2 actually worked well, but it doesnt run in HD so i find it next to unplayable on a modern machine.