Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Buff Draenei's Gift of the Naaru for TBC: Classic.

In a similar vein to Paladin race seals, I don't see why GoTN can't have its current form (instant and healing 20% of total health over 5 sec). The old TBC version has a cast time and doesn't scale. This would be a small change that doesn't change the overall feel of TBC classic and will help make the Alliance more attractive once the Horde becomes stacked with silencing Blood Elves..

Should there be more racial changes?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    In a similar vein to Paladin race seals, I don't see why GoTN can't have its current form (instant and healing 20% of total health over 5 sec). The old TBC version has a cast time and doesn't scale. This would be a small change that doesn't change the overall feel of TBC classic and will help make the Alliance more attractive once the Horde becomes stacked with silencing Blood Elves..

Thoughts?
    Almost all of the racials are value based. If you change one you change them all. Then you have to rebalance them again.

No. We don't.nees to change this or any racials. This game has already gone P2W. There's no need to wreck anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The real Draenei racial is a party-wide 1% hit buff, so 5% worth of hit for an entire group if you are the only Draenei. People will feel that one, especially when that Draenei is a Shaman with one being in each group anyway. The ultimate support character.

Sure it's not game breakingly good, no PVE racial really is (not even Fearward), but it's really appreciated in a serious / semi serious raiding scenario.

_______

Also mind that the Paladin Seal of Blood change wasn't only made because of the original design (they always envisioned the Alliance version to be on par with it, just with a different flavor), but because it would have caused an even greater imbalance between Horde and Alliance if it remained unchanged. This wasn't a matter of min-maxing a few % more dps, it's the difference between being a mediocre buffbot and an actual viable dps spec.

That said, I just view Gift of Naaru as a flavor racial, similiar to Underwater Breathing for Undead or Troll Regeneration. You do get a cool glyph on your forehead after all!
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2021-02-22 at 10:30 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think they should've changed the paladin seals but I get all the vocal sweaties would flock to horde for that 0.01% dps increase. That said, they should NOT mess with any other racial
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

In a similar vein to Paladin race seals
    They aren't similar at all. GoTN is a racial, but all Seals are being given to all paladin races.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Almost all of the racials are value based. If you change one you change them all. Then you have to rebalance them again.

No. We don't.nees to change this or any racials. This game has already gone P2W. There's no need to wreck anything else.
    what, no it didnt

Thoughts?
    No. 10char

Nope. This doesn’t need changed even a little bit. The changes they made makes perfect sense already, quit asking for other ‘buffs’ to whatever you want just because you want them.

Right, and we're going into TBC under the general consensus that Horde racials have more value than Alliance and so will be the dominant faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    That said, I just view Gift of Naaru as a flavor racial, similiar to Underwater Breathing for Undead or Troll Regeneration. You do get a cool glyph on your forehead after all!
    Which shouldn't be the case, haha. It's their active ability racial and should be of use to all Draenei classes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    They aren't similar at all. GoTN is a racial, but all Seals are being given to all paladin races.
    In the similar vein as Blizzard stating "The team wants to address faction imbalance in BC Classic with small changes such as Paladin seals being available to both factions."

Buffing GoTN would be a small change that helps address faction imbalance. It sounds like they have more changes in mind to address faction imbalance, and besides the paladin seals, what else could they possibly do besides small race changes?

Right, and we're going into TBC under the general consensus that Horde racials have more value than Alliance and so will be the dominant faction.

Which shouldn't be the case, haha. It's their active ability racial and should be of use to all Draenei classes.

In the similar vein as Blizzard stating "The team wants to address faction imbalance in BC Classic with small changes such as Paladin seals being available to both factions."

Buffing GoTN would be a small change that helps address faction imbalance. It sounds like they have more changes in mind to address faction imbalance, and besides the paladin seals, what else could they possibly do besides small race changes?
    Draenei is one of the best alliance races in TBC (for PvE it's the best). It is not the race that needs a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Draenei is one of the best alliance races in TBC (for PvE it's the best). It is not the race that needs a buff.
    With a Draenei vs. Blood Elf mindset, Draenei cannot compete. Blood Elves are leagues better for PvP and Arcane Torrent is a fantastic PvE racial too.

I agree, also, could you give my favorite race a 80% buff while we are changing things? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    what, no it didnt
    Ignore him. He thinks that a one time boost to be two levels below everyone else in Hellfire Peninsula that cannot be used on Blood Elves or Draenei is pay to win.

Those people that know vanilla levelling was a fucking chore but want to play TBC again aren't allowed to play according to him.
    Speciation Is Gradual

With a Draenei vs. Blood Elf mindset, Draenei cannot compete. Blood Elves are leagues better for PvP and Arcane Torrent is a fantastic PvE racial too.
    Draenei are better than Blood Elves even without GoTN, they give 1% hit to party members as a passive. That's freakin insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffing GoTN would be a small change that helps address faction imbalance.
    Nerf Draenei 1% hit and you have balance.

Draenei is one of the best alliance races, BE is not one of the best horde races. Draenei does not need a buff.

I've seem some comments that it doesn't scale, but I'm like 90% sure it did with +healing at least. I remember it ticking the same as my renew the whole way through tbc. I thought it scaled +dmg/heal and AP as well, but that might be a different xpac before the modern version?

Thoughts?
    you dont pick dranei for naaru hot, you pick them for 1% hit

However, while leveling and doing world content...you may find yourself low on mana where this thing actually does come in handy and helps. Same in BGs if you find yourself low on mana and manage to run away, but still in combat. Obviously situational, and yes, the 1% hit is why you choose Draenei (and female casting animations are good!).

Arcane torrent is great but a selfish racial that mostly benefits itself with free mana. Draenei's hit pretty much means alliance characters as a whole can forgo 1% hit when gearing.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account

You're right - it's pay to win as in you pay the mages to win the game for you. That is the only way the game has become P2W.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature