Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pre patch tbc - only level new races or classes too?

Now i guess this is a nobrainer since its not new classes per say. But yeah, will we see one million paladin/shaman alts on pre patch day?

?

what new classes?

It's pretty clear from what they announced. You will be able to create, and level, your Horde Paladin and Alliance Shaman (or any Draenei\BE for that matter), before the actual launch of TBCC, so you can go across the portal with everyone else when it does launch.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-19 at 11:51 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason for it not to include Horde Pally and Alliance Shaman.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    ?

what new classes?

It's pretty clear from what they announced. You will be able to create, and level, your Horde Paladin and Alliance Shaman (or any Draenei\BE for that matter), before the actual launch of TBCC, so you can go across the portal with everyone else when it does launch.
    requires a long period of prepatch, those BE and Draenei will have to accumulate 58 lvls on vanilla terms.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    requires a long period of prepatch, those BE and Draenei will have to accumulate 58 lvls on vanilla terms.
    Yea, that's a good point. At least a month i'd say.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    just another guess: the "vanilla forever" versions of our beloved chars will have to leave current realms before pre patch.
    i smell a shitstorm from those who will miss the important cut off date, which forces them to continue with TBC or leave the classic game forever.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    just another guess: the "vanilla forever" versions of our beloved chars will have to leave current realms before pre patch.
    i smell a shitstorm from those who will miss the important cut off date, which forces them to continue with TBC or leave the classic game forever.
    From how they described it it's a choice you make before you can log into the BC Classic version for the first time with them.

Like they made it very clear there is no timeout period for the choice.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you aren't missing much. Some dumb trinket that's sat in my bags for over 15 years and the opening of the Dark Portal with the event of Kazzak attacking the cities.

The pre-patch only lasted a few weeks and brought upon 2.0 talents and changes, without the ability to play Blood Elves or Draenei. Mentioned above is literally the only thing that happened in TBC pre-patch event. Bringing pre-patch to Classic forever players wouldn't make a lot of sense, because technically you're doing this with 2.0 talents.

The difference this time (how I understand it), is that the pre-patch is the splitting point between Classic forever servers and the progressive server as we know it. This time unlike the original you're allowed to level Draenei and Blood Elves for the weeks leading up to the Dark Portal opening.

I'm not opposed to them putting TBC pre-patch event in Classic, but it would quite obviously have to be without 2.0 talents.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    some words from Blizzard:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...ers-and-realms

so if you press the button for "yes, want to progess my <warrior, warlock, whatever>", the vanilla version on the era realm is locked until cloning process in initiated...for a fee. you better pay attention: if you do the same procedure on the classic client first, said char will not progress on tbc unless unlocked there.

choice is per char and the "twins" will split early. Clones are created from a snapshot just prior to the Burning Crusade Classic pre-expansion patch and will not include any additional progress from that point on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um no they won't 2.4.3 leveling is vastly quicker than vanilla leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Um no they won't 2.4.3 leveling is vastly quicker than vanilla leveling
    This. Its a 25% reduction of XP needed from lvl 1-60. And that means you will never be out of good questing hubs etc. You fly away in XP and it takes 1.5-2 days played to get 60.

I lvled a paladin after the 2.4.3 patch and it was so fast I almost didnt have money for spells (new server back in the days).

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    This. Its a 25% reduction of XP needed from lvl 1-60. And that means you will never be out of good questing hubs etc. You fly away in XP and it takes 1.5-2 days played to get 60.

I lvled a paladin after the 2.4.3 patch and it was so fast I almost didnt have money for spells (new server back in the days).
    Additionally, new quest hubs have been added in the world so you should not run out at all anymore and you can follow zones in a much more organic way.

SO sitting in dungeons with a couple mages?

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Additionally, new quest hubs have been added in the world so you should not run out at all anymore and you can follow zones in a much more organic way.
    Yeah, if you only solo play and go for the more specific "perfect" routes. But I play with friends and rarely alone Which means hell a lot less XP. Not sure why they thought playing with friends should be a disadvantage..

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    SO sitting in dungeons with a couple mages?
    naaah...at least i hope so.

just an idea: will those be and draenei feel obliged to skip vanilla raids (and rewards) like in 2007 still or do we expect some "grace period" this time so everybody and their grandma from silvermoon and exodar at least got chances to gain some t1-3 ?
    in short: how long will prepatch last likely ?

Or you know, they could just pay. It's not like it's impossible and if it really was that important then they would. It'll be 4 users trying to cause drama. I'm just going to report and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Goatzila for my enhancement shammy (alt) already reserved
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Yeah, if you only solo play and go for the more specific "perfect" routes. But I play with friends and rarely alone Which means hell a lot less XP. Not sure why they thought playing with friends should be a disadvantage..
    It's hardly blizzards fault.if you play the game wrong. Playing with friends is an advantage to leveling.
    why so mad bro

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Or you know, they could just pay. It's not like it's impossible and if it really was that important then they would. It'll be 4 users trying to cause drama. I'm just going to report and move on.
    i expect drama about the payments still.

naaah...at least i hope so.

just an idea: will those be and draenei feel obliged to skip vanilla raids (and rewards) like in 2007 still or do we expect some "grace period" this time so everybody and their grandma from silvermoon and exodar at least got chances to gain some t1-3 ?
    in short: how long will prepatch last likely ?
    Enough for most of your epics to be replaced by greens in Hellfire P. Why would you even bother unless it's for fun?
    why so mad bro