Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The Valor system isn't really Pay2Win, it is Play2Win, just because people can pay boosters doesn't mean it is Pay2Win, for if that is so, then every MMORPG existing, is Pay2Win.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed not. I hardly see spammers in the LFG tool anymore. They are really hammering down in there, wish they would in trade chat too though.
    Trade chat is being used for trade is bad lol? What not enough politics spam for you?

Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    I would like to see a concrete solution from blizzard.
    Just let addons filter LFG and this problem will disappear, for those of us who use addons at least lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Not really. When I run a couple m+ on my trash hunter I start the gaming session by reporting all spammers, they get silenced to me as long as I don't log out. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one reporting. So how come these fuckers can sit 4 days in the tool?

I said for gold only those accounts that are posting adverts eventually get banned but they do it in waves they are also often hacked accounts because you can't post in the slands dungeon page without being max level.

Mythic keystone is another horrible system. They killed raiding.
    That's weird, my guild seems to be raiding just fine. Someone should have told us it was dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That's weird, my guild seems to be raiding just fine. Someone should have told us it was dead.
    The internet is a tricky place, things being killed don't have to not exist they just have to exist to a lesser degree If 100,000 players are raiding and Blizz announces there's only going to be 1 drop per raid lockout (not per boss, per lockout) and 80,000 players quit raiding then Blizz killed raiding even with 20,000 masochists still doing it
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Since WoW Legion, Blizzard listened to trolls who hate add-ons for no reason (despite they use it too and blizzard interfaces are actually add-ons too (just more privilege)).

Now, the entire LFG is filled with spam. Are you satisfied? I am sorry AddOns could not filter spam in LFG anymore because you cannot filter titles, descriptors, or voice-chat information based on keywords.

Even worse, the new community system has no way to block and the community has been highly abused to spam.

What's the point of AddOns anymore, if they cannot even be used for filtering spamming? And people are proposing new trash.

You want to fight against addons like WQGF or LFG? These addons have now both gone. Do you see your community back? Now world quests have become a total pain to play compared to what it was in Legion. It is a completely failed system.

Oh, you are saying server hoping? I think they are actually pretty good compared to forced cross-realm solutions like CRZ since you do have a choice on how to control the cross realm. Now you do not.

LFG was the only addon that works for filtering spamming because the author put a huge amount of effort into it. That addon has been removed from the curse for no reason.

Sorry. I have quit long ago. However, people keep complaining about this to me. That is a freaking issue blizzard has to deal with seriously. Not just banning APIs and making people suffering.

Originally Posted by Ion

“If you want to group to do World Quests, you're highly encouraged to do that the regular way, whether it's using the Group Finder, talking to your guildmates, talking to people in the community that you're in in Battle for Azeroth, and saying, "Hey, I'm going to go do Tortollan Emissary. Anyone want to come join me?" That's the kind of social experience we’re looking to foster with World Quests.”
    This is stupid for me. What? Tortollan Emissary? Who would group up to play mini-games?? Grouping up to play minigames in an MMORPG is the kind of social experience you are looking for? Ion??

This is an LFG spam post on Reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._mean_come_on/

pretty sure you can report groups as spam and not see posts from that person anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I said for gold only those accounts that are posting adverts eventually get banned but they do it in waves they are also often hacked accounts because you can't post in the slands dungeon page without being max level.
    My point was that nobody seems to get kicked off the tool by Blizzard when spammers who get reported by me and probably countless other players stay 4 days in the queue. Regular gold boosters might be more afraid to lose their account and don't spam much in the tool, but Blizzard obviously doesn't care.

My point was that nobody seems to get kicked off the tool by Blizzard when spammers who get reported by me and probably countless other players stay 4 days in the queue. Regular gold boosters might be more afraid to lose their account and don't spam much in the tool, but Blizzard obviously doesn't care.
    They ban in waves dude I just explained this

They ban in waves dude I just explained this
    You wrote

Boosters and sellers who do it for gold aka make blizz money don't post in the lfg tool because it's a great way to get banned and silenced.
    and you obviously do not get banned and silenced the same way you get banned and silenced if you get reported enough when spamming in trade chat.

You wrote

and you obviously do not get banned and silenced the same way you get banned and silenced if you get reported enough when spamming in trade chat.
    You get auto silenced from trade chat reports not banned which should absolutely not be a thing I agree. No account level actions should be undertaken purely due to reports without human oversight and it has been abused in the past in rbgs to kick people out.

yeah, being unable to filter in groupfinder sucks..

and not havinga groupfinder addon when tbc classic comes is gonna suck aswell.

All these Neanderthal ppl who enjoy looking at and spamming the /world channel can do that. Ill prefer an addon where i can filter away all the useless shit to find what im looking for.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade chat is being used for trade is bad lol? What not enough politics spam for you?
    So, you're okay with tons of boosting spam?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There is. Just use group composition filters or anything that has more than 1 guy in the raid for example. you can even go way further (members >= 2):
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...-groups-filter
    Last edited by Magneto; 2021-02-23 at 10:54 AM.

People don't even know what community means anymore. Blizzard is totally lost on that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    So you cannot automate joining and afk'ing during world quest, now you have to actually type stuff, invite people manually? Oh the horror of not being able to set up group in group finder, go the loo (while add-on would invite everyone who signs up) and come back with WQ completed.

Yes, Blizzard does need to step up game dealing with those spammers, there is no denying that. Just look at trade chat on popular PvE realms - it is unusable with multiple spam messages per second. However adding that ignore problem are not solution. Solution is to get Blizzard employees to do their fucking job.
    So their job is to regulate the trade channel to only show messages you approve of? I'm sorry to say that it isn't their job. They got rid of the spammers in LFG channel. Job done. People.offering services in trade chat is exactly where these "spammers" deserve to be. Don't be that guy who misuse words because you don't like what's going on. Advertising in chat is not spam. People who disagree with you are not trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's spam. Just like how if someone who disagrees with you is not an attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's spam. Just like how if someone who disagrees with you is not an attack.
    With the amount that is seen in trade chat, it is basically spam, and reported so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What's the difference between that and politics spam? Trade chat being used for trade. Also trade isn't spam regardless of how much you wish it was. Selling for gold is fine selling for dollar is not. Trade doesn't bother me the lfg groups annoy me but I can largely filter them using pgf to require at least two people in a group which pretty much no sell groups do.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference between that and politics spam? Trade chat being used for trade. Also trade isn't spam regardless of how much you wish it was. Selling for gold is fine selling for dollar is not. Trade doesn't bother me the lfg groups annoy me but I can largely filter them using pgf to require at least two people in a group which pretty much no sell groups do.
    One could say the other way around too. LFG spam doesn't bother me but trade spam does (though in all defense to the point, LFG system spam is very minimal when I look. The thing that is more spammy than boost sellers is people demanding to be boosted). As for politics spam, eh, can't do much - humans play the game, discussions will arise with everything from shoe sizes to politics.

One could say the other way around too. LFG spam doesn't bother me but trade spam does (though in all defense to the point, LFG system spam is very minimal when I look. The thing that is more spammy than boost sellers is people demanding to be boosted). As for politics spam, eh, can't do much - humans play the game, discussions will arise with everything from shoe sizes to politics.
    Trade "spam" is very easily dealt with /leave trade

So just so we are clear politics spam doesn't bother you but trade being used for trade to you is spam and you report trade being used for trade but not politics spam in the trade channel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade "spam" is very easily dealt with /leave trade

So just so we are clear politics spam doesn't bother you but trade being used for trade to you is spam and you report trade being used for trade but not politics spam in the trade channel?
    Politics doesn't bother me but spam does. Boost sellers posting a message every 30 mins would be a blessing, but they don't. It is every few mins with enough break to not get caught by the simplistic anti-spam system.