Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If you were Blizzard...

So milk TBC classic and tease classic Wrath for a few years - easy money. Work on a new paid xpac now so when the bare bones shadowlands point one and point two arrive they will be overshadowed by the new shiny xpac on the horizon with a juicy reason to pre-order. Not being pessimistic just realistic as it’s still decent value for my money. What do you think ( extrapolate etc)?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    classic wrath is so obvious they started working on it by now for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think now that we got TBC there is a really strong chance we get Wrath too. No way they won't cash in on Wrath hype afterall it is one of the most popular expansions to date. Though I do suspect they will stay silent about it for a while now since now the answer was "we're focused on bringing TBC back". Same PR speak that they said about classic before.

If I were Blizzard I would be happy with what SL achieved. It's the best X.0 patch since at least cata (did not play before, so I can't comment on that). Whether or not 9.1-9.3 hold up will be seen, but SL blew BfA, Legion, WoD and MoP's X.0 patches out of the water. So Blizz can build upon this base, they just have to deliver content and minor tweaks. Torghast could see some changes, but the rest seems pretty perfect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    If I were Blizzard I'd do everything right and all the players would be happy.
    Yep. Such an obvious answer too, it's almost malicious that Blizzard haven't just done this.

Thanks Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Classic Wrath would be great however Cata and beyond I'm not too sure would be a good idea. I like the idea of Classic+ I've seen a few posts mentioning that idea, if i were Blizzard i would look into that

#ClassicLegion

One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Yeah I think now that we got TBC there is a really strong chance we get Wrath too. No way they won't cash in on Wrath hype afterall it is one of the most popular expansions to date. Though I do suspect they will stay silent about it for a while now since now the answer was "we're focused on bringing TBC back". Same PR speak that they said about classic before.
    Low change of happening but if TBC fails then i doubt we will see WOTLK.

Sounds like you would develop 1500 alternative games

World 169 - Flying Does not exist, but LFR does
    World 170, Flying and LFR are removed and all "elitist addons/achievements" are prohibited.
    World 171 No mythic or LFR. No m+, tmog removed
    World 1478 Ulitmate raid logger game, no renown grinds, portals/flight whistles everywhere, no reps, no anime power, double loot from raid, very cheap consumables

I’m sorry but are you guys just now having this revelation that blizzard is going to release tbc and wotlk lol.

Guys I’m not saying a ton of us are some mega geniuses, but this was fairly obviously the moment they announced the first classic. Of course they are going to do wotlk

Wrath will happen 100% now that tbc is happening.
    It is easily the most popular time of WoW, not only by the fsct that it was the highest point of WoW but even among private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Wrath will happen 100% now that tbc is happening.
    It is easily the most popular time of WoW, not only by the fsct that it was the highest point of WoW but even among private servers.
    I think many if not most private servers (use)used a wrath client- there was one I ‘saw’ that was progressively going vanilla tbc wrath but with a wrath client.

i hope thats sarcasm, bcs i cant believe someone would be so out of reality to think this is possible

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    classic wrath is so obvious they started working on it by now for sure
    Working on it? lol

Like BC all they have to do is copy the BC onto Classic, because BC zones/content weren't destroyed with the release of Cataclysm, which would literally take less than a week. Then it's all bug testing and whatever adjustments they want to do. It's the same for Wrath. It's tops like 2 months to do lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Sony has been doing "progression" servers with EverQuest since 2006. The company who owns the EQ IP is still making new progression servers. It's clearly been a money maker for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    The real question is, how will they hype Cataclysm ?
    remember the original hard mode before the nerfs? That’s the hype I bet but I bet they skip to MOP ( including cata changes obviously). No one really wants to redo WOD ( anyone who leveled an alt in the past 5 years plus anyway) but classic Legion is a good idea. I think after classic Wrath it’s ‘up to and including MOP’ then ‘up to and including Legion’

Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    remember the original hard mode before the nerfs? That’s the hype I bet but I bet they skip to MOP ( including cata changes obviously). No one really wants to redo WOD ( anyone who leveled an alt in the past 5 years plus anyway) but classic Legion is a good idea. I think after classic Wrath it’s ‘up to and including MOP’ then ‘up to and including Legion’
    We have the same wishes then Would be awesome!

Doing launch Cata heroics wearing questing greens as a fresh 85 was easily the most fun I ever had in 5 man content. Much better than m+ anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always assumed that if Classic was a success they would do TBC and Wrath. That gives them 6 years of annual 'expansions'. No Classic, TBC and Wrath aren't going to generate new box sales but I'd bet they are boosts to the subs as people re-sub to check them out. Subs seem to follow the "peak on new expansion, decline after as people play it, hit the content drought after the last patch" curve. This adds a second, smaller peak to their sub curve at about the one year mark (i.e. about 9-12 months into SL, we will see TBC release).

The case for Cata and beyond is MUCH shakier. The attraction of Classic through Wrath is twofold - it's the world before it was revamped so it has all the old quests etc and it's the classic storyline from the RTS through the resolution of Arthas' story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Working on it? lol

Like BC all they have to do is copy the BC onto Classic, because BC zones/content weren't destroyed with the release of Cataclysm, which would literally take less than a week. Then it's all bug testing and whatever adjustments they want to do. It's the same for Wrath. It's tops like 2 months to do lol.
    It's way more complicated than that they need to port the whole game to modern wow engine. A lot of things had to be manually programmed and changed so it would work. They already had all the files for vanilla from 1.12 backup yet it took them about a year to release it.