Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    I always saw Anduin as a good king (politics) character that can lead his people and channel the light but suddenly he is skilled in combat what was always his weak point.
    Where are you getting the idea that he is? That was all the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Maybe you should read my posts before you strawman me in all caps? Talking about petulant children...

I didn't claim their older stories were "truly original" (whatever that means). That would be a nonsensical and indefensible claim since Blizzard's IPs are loosely based on Warhammer Fantasy and 40k which are heavily inspired by Dune, Tolkien etc. but this isn't at all what my post was about.

That's why I said "self-plagiarize". What makes this bad isn't that they are borrowing from other successful fantasy stories but instead are stealing from themselves in order to prop up their newer stories with cheap, superficial nostalgia. The problem with this is that it pretty much always negatively reflects back onto what was stolen. Because both take place in the same universe the original is bound to get "corrupted" by the copy. The Lich King appears silly now that we know the whole story and the role of the Jailer, the Scourge seems silly now that we're told they stole from Maldraxxus (which is btw. not really reconcilable with older lore), Frostmourne seems silly now that we know it was just one of many swords etc.
    This simply puts a strain on the believability of the setting.

What Blizzard is doing is like pulling bricks out of the foundation of your house in order to build a roof.
    Truly original being a unique concept to you is just the cherry on the ignorant cake lol!your own "original" lore and story lol. The rest is just a petulant childs rant about how the game they play has new stories they don't like and some chest puffing like they own the rights to the lore in some way calling it "your house." It ain't your house, it's theirs and as long as you live under their roof you live by mom and pops rules buckaroo. And pretty sure adding to the history of the game you're working on (for the company that has the rights to the story you're working on) is just called story development. But you know fancy words like strawman and then don't see how that's all you have.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-02-23 at 01:26 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Truly original being a unique concept to you is just the cherry on the ignorant cake lol!your own "original" lore and story lol. The rest is just a petulant childs rant about how the game they play has new stories they don't like and some chest puffing like they own the rights to the lore in some way calling it "your house." It ain't your house, it's theirs and as long as you live under their roof you live by mom and pops rules buckaroo. And pretty sure adding to the history of the game you're working on (for the company that has the rights to the story you're working on) is just called story development. But you know fancy words like strawman and then don't see how that's all you have.
    You think "strawman" is a fancy word? Oh my...

I prefer Arthas because he hooked up with Jaina then ghosted her