Thread: Threads of fate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You can't upgrade the covenant set to 197 and you can't buy the recolor cosmetic set without the campaign. You also can't unlock complete soulbind trees.

As I said if all you do is farm some stuff and maybe LfR/M0 it's just fine. Anything higher difficulty requires campaign IMO.
    The covenant campaign isn't done during leveling anyway, unless I missed something while leveling my main.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

If you want to level in a few sittings at your own pace on your own time, currently the campaign is the only option, unless you are a tank or healer chaining dungeons. If you don't mind a daily grazing of world content and a pace that is stuck to that approach, threads are fine, but I'm waiting for flight to utilize it. The overworld travel is felt in these zones, and it feels like a waste of time.

I find the normal quests are better for leveling in general UNLESS you can spam dungeons with short queue times. Just when you get to 59~ pop threads anyways so you don't have to finish Revendreth cause I think you can hit 60 before you reach revendreth or before you even really get too far into the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitPoint View Post
    I thought you already have the campaign finished/achievement, you can't even do the campaign if you do threads of fate. I think you mean you still need renown?
    No, the campaign isn't done at all if you level via Threads. You'll hit 60 and it will be 1/9. Renown catchup is super fast but you need to do all of the campaign quests at 60. They're very quick, though since they're all available and you knock them out in a couple of evenings, so its no big deal.

Source: Me. I leveled my druid entirely via Threads.

PS: I jut would not worry about the comparative leveling speed unless you have some reason to really get to 60 ASAP. I'd rather spend another 4 hours of game time and enjoy myself. Obviously if you like the story method better.... do that. You can always move to Threads. Just can't go back.
    Last edited by clevin; 2021-02-23 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    See, the confusion here is that most people above are talking about the story campaign in the leveling zones. You're talking about the actual covenant campaign, which yes, you have to do normally once you hit 60.
    Ah ya that's why I was confused, I would think everyone would know they'd have to do the covenant campaign. Thought he was referring to the Story campaign.
    Every thread is like entering an LFR with 5 stacks of determination. -Compstance

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I find the normal quests are better for leveling in general UNLESS you can spam dungeons with short queue times. Just when you get to 59~ pop threads anyways so you don't have to finish Revendreth cause I think you can hit 60 before you reach revendreth or before you even really get too far into the zone.
    You no longer have to do this. You can hit 60 doing the story campaign and then visit the Threads of Fate guy and go strait to picking your covenant. The game no longer locks you out of switching to Threads when you hit 60, this was a change they added a couple of weeks into the expansion.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death